Gransnet forums

Health

Changing dentist

(5 Posts)
Humbertbear Sat 10-Oct-26 14:08:49

I fell out with my private dentist of some 30 years and simply went to another one who had been recommended and said I wanted a second opinion. I was right to leave the first one. There is no penalty for changing - it’s just like changing hairdressers.

Grammaretto Sat 10-Oct-26 10:23:09

I did this and have no regrets. Certainly no penalty.
I had to go on a waiting list and unfortunately had an emergency during that 6 months wait.
Definitely no regrets although my NHS dentist also does private work and has tempted me towards implants not on NHS.
I am very tempted.....

kittylester Sat 10-Oct-26 10:13:52

No! You don't belong to a dentist. Just cancel any appointments you have coming up.

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Oct-26 10:02:38

I changed from private to private earlier this year, no penalties, my old dentist didn’t even know where I was going. I only moved as my existing dentist retired and parking at the location was impossible, I used to work nearby.

ExDancer Sat 10-Oct-26 09:33:27

I have found an NHS dentist willing to take me on. Is my present private dentist likely to impose a swinging fine or similar when I leave?
I didn't take out a financial 'plan' for my few remaining teeth so they don't have my bank details.