Gransnet forums

Health

Husband had covid/flu vax Saturday. Heart attack yesterday

(61 Posts)
Sueinkent Mon 05-Oct-26 22:41:24

My hubby is 76. He had the vax Saturday and had a heart attack during the night Sunday. I am having difficulty seeing this as a coincidence. He has had lots a vaccinations before all through the pandemic and never any problem. Now he is in hospital but quite bright. I am not in great health so must muster myself to do the necessary.

monami Wed 07-Oct-26 07:44:48

The 4th covid vac killed my healthy husband within 5 days

Marydoll Wed 07-Oct-26 08:01:23

I hope your husband makes a good recovery.

I hope people on here are not put off having the vaccines, by some of the comments.
I am afraid of , this becoming an anti vaccination thread.

I had a dreadful reaction to my first vaccination, AZ. It had to be reported to the ^Yellow Card^site, I was ill for weeks.
Research found it was totally unsuitable, for people, who were immunocomprimised. In the early days of the pandemic, vaccinations were rushed out.
However, I still have had every vaccination available, catching any disease may be fatal for me.

I had a heart attack after taking one dose of a drug called, Lefludamide. It did not mean that everyone taking that drug would have a heart attack.
I had a healthy lifestyle, clear arteries and no valve problems.
It was a blessing in disguise, for I had an underlying, difficult to diagnose heart condition and it took six months to get a diagnosis.
This too was reported to the Yellow Card site.

Every drug and medication has risks, one gas to make an informed decision.
I have a history of severe reactions to various medications, which makes treating me difficult.
That does not stop me taking medication and vaccines , I require to keep me alive.

I agree that the title needs amended, it implies that the vaccination caused the heart attack.

As for commenting on suekent's husband's lifestyle, this is not the place for this. sue has enough to deal with.💐

Shel1951 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:12:39

Hope your husband recovers well, a worrying time for you.

Daddima Wed 07-Oct-26 13:57:58

Message removed by GNHQ - quotes a deleted post.

Daddima Wed 07-Oct-26 13:59:45

Sorry, forgot best wishes for a speedy recovery for Mr Sue!

grandmac Wed 07-Oct-26 15:35:32

In 2023 I had a cardiac episode about 3 weeks after the Covid vaccine. Feeling ill, heart missing beats, breathless etc. Had investigations which showed no reason and eventually all subsided. At approximately the same time my very fit and healthy 50 year old son developed atrial fibrillation, also following the Covid vaccine. Despite treatment he now has constant fibrillation. It can’t be proved the vaccine was responsible but….Coincidence or not?

grandmac Wed 07-Oct-26 15:38:51

I still have every vaccine offered.

And Sueinkent, best wishes for your husband’s speedy recovery.

Sueinkent Wed 07-Oct-26 21:45:09

Thank you kind people. (Well, mostly kind.) Hubby has angiogram tomorrow so that should settle it. He is doing well at the mo. I think he must have narrowed arteries being 76. I’m sure most of us have after 70. The vax may have contributed to already loaded circumstances. I shall probably have my vaccination as if I caught Covid unvaxxed, it would almost certainly kill me. A good point about the flu vax though. Also a bit of an unknown quantity.

Fradders Wed 07-Oct-26 21:59:04

I had Covid and Flu vaccines,in the same arm on Monday.I have had no reaction and no sore arm.This is the first time for several years that I have not had a reaction.

Covid is rife where I live at the moment,so I am delighted to be vaccinated.I pay no heed to anti vaxxers.

Sueinkent Wed 07-Oct-26 22:01:41

Fradders

I had Covid and Flu vaccines,in the same arm on Monday.I have had no reaction and no sore arm.This is the first time for several years that I have not had a reaction.

Covid is rife where I live at the moment,so I am delighted to be vaccinated.I pay no heed to anti vaxxers.

I have hated them up until now.