I had this surgery April 2025. My stomach had gone through a massive hernia into the chest cavity so surgery was the only option.
I was having such pain with acid reflux as well.
The surgery was carried out privately and the hospital experience was first rate.
The recovery was really hard. It was a very restricted very soft diet which gradually expanded over weeks. I just needed to be in bed a large part of the time.
I was given liquid morphine which I only needed for a few days post op but did remain on paracetamol for a while.
Its really important not to put any strain on the stomach area for a few months.
I would not want to go through the recovery again but the surgery was life saving and I have no reflux any more. It was absolutely worth while and I have no real issues following surgery.
We are surrounded by sea so why is fish so expensive?
