Reading your post, what stood out to me wasn't the weight gain- it was how hard you're being on yourself.
I've been coaching people for over 30 years, and I've learned that weight regain doesn't mean you've failed. It usually means something in life has changed, whether that's stress, sleep, hormones, medications, or simply that your body isn't responding the way it did a few years ago.
The fact that you're keeping a food diary, exercising, and making an effort tells me you haven't given up. So instead of asking, "What's wrong with me?" I'd encourage you to ask, "What's changed?"
Be kind to yourself. You lost six stone before, which means you know how to make healthy changes. Now it's about understanding what's different and adjusting your plan- not blaming yourself.
One step at a time. You've done it before, and there's every reason to believe you can make progress again.
What's next for Meghan and Harry?
You and Yours to be cut from BBC radio 4 schedule


