OK, for what it’s worth…. I am a 73 year-old grossly overweight woman. I have carried almost 300 pounds the majority of my adult life. I’m at 265 at the moment. When I was in my 50s, I hurt my knee and went to the doctor. He x-rayed it and told me that I had the arthritic knees of a 65-year-old. All he wanted to do was give me pain meds. I’m not big on covering up the pain because you don’t know when you’re really hurting yourself if you do. Anyway, my mother told me that because I was always trying to lose weight, I was not getting enough oil and not lubricating my joints. I started taking salmon oil capsules. The pain went away within a few days and I have been pain free ever since. None of my joints hurt. Not my hands, not my knees, not my hips. I don’t know if it will work for anyone else. I just know it worked for me. I purchase the purist and best brand of salmon oil I can find and take 3000 to 4000 mg a day. Granted, my face gets oily quickly, but that is a small price to pay for the gift of being pain free.
Sorry about the pounds, but I do not understand stones. Yes, that’s right. I’m a bloody American. I adore this website and always enjoy getting different perspectives on life‘s problems.