Thanks for your post Teetime. I left the psoriatic RA support group for similar reasons to those you gave about the Lupus group.
I absolutely agree with your comment about the importance of patient and clinician working together. I overheard the physio telling her student about me, and commenting that I remained actively involve in my treatment. A close relative who has the psoriatic/ra has had a much longer wait for effective treatments than I have. She was told not to take anti inflammatories, to use ibuprofen and paracetamol. Now she's on proper treatment, including a biologic, she's got her life back.
You're spot on about the risk of depression with any chronic health problem. It's a great pity the rheumatology clinics don't involve psychologists early in the treatment regime. Yes, you have a chronic condition but it doesn't need to have you!
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.


