For the past few years I've transferred money into the accounts of both my grandchildren for birthdays and Christmas.
My grandson turned ten yesterday and I made the transfer. My son, his father withdrew the money and gave it to my grandson in cash (telling him it was a present from Granny)
I'm not sure if I over-reacted. I want to treat my grandchildren equally. My son and I had talked about his presents including the bank transfer the day before the birthday when he came to pick up the bag of presents. He didn't say he was going to withdraw the money and give my grandson the cash.
It's my routine and my money, but my son is the parent.
This situation has upset me no end.
Please advise.
Thanks
Richard Osman and his House of Games
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Sudden pain in back of leg behind knee
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
