Fallingstar
As far as I understand it gentle parenting means sitting down with a child after behaving badly and talking them through what was so wrong about what they did and the possible consequences i.e. ‘hitting Lucy must have made her sad, which is not a nice way to feel is it?’
I don’t think it means ignoring bad behaviour.
Friends of ours used this method with their younger daughter.
I'm not sure if it is the right way either.
She does carry a lot of guilt now, perhaps because she was always made to feel guilty during long earnest discussions pointing out gently what she did wrong and the consequences of her actions.
I found a short reprimand in a calm but firm voice "You know it was wrong to do that. How would you like that done to you? Apologise to Lucy and don't do that again, please."
My own children seem to have grown into caring, law-abiding citizens and still seem to like me!


