You have my sympathies from a grandmum who had two out of my little tribe, born and live in NZ I can tell you it’s a long, long old trek and now at nearly 82 they ll have to come see me, it’s far too long and too expensive.
I ve only met those two a few times it was not too bad when they were small, my son sent their school reports and certificates and photos and I was able to look for presents to send and we could have chats on the phone etc …but….that all disappears as they get older and the price of postage is out of the question now, I certainly don’t have as close a relationship with them as I do the ones that live here and in Ireland, so I do feel for you it’s a big old shame however it doesn’t sound as if you d have a lot of interaction anyway
Hope you can get out there to see your little man