Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Exam results

(26 Posts)
Franbern Fri 21-Aug-26 09:21:18

Yesterday GCSE results came out. Three of my younger g.children, all in different areas of UK have just finished their year 11 and were awaiting these.

I am delighted at all their successes, which included 12 of these at Grade 9 Pass (A**), and 8 x 8 Grades (A*) and exams taken passed. All three will continue onto A levels now.

Yes, each g.child get a small monetary pressie from me, I stress it as nothing to do with results, all to do with their achievement of actually working so hard and taking these exams.

I also send congratulations to their parents for being so supportive.

All three of my daughters happily accepted their roles in their children's achievements, - Strange as I can remember when they did their examinations, they considered that it was all their own achievement and nothings whatsoever to do with me and their father.