I have just spent an hour pulling weeds. Every year they get ahead of me. This year has been bad because my broken wrist (only now improving) has meant that I couldn't pull up, to get them out and find it very difficult with my left hand. I did hoe to start with, before the wrist, but had to stop.
I particularly loathe SPURGE which comes up all over. Also bindweed - which I spent time getting every bit of out earlier this year, and even thistles, a nettle and woody nightshade!
And I am not finished yet. I came in and washed my hands twice to get the stinging spurge juice off before I rub my eyes, and I know I will have to dig the whole bed over to get the bindweed out again.....
Gransnet forums
Gardening
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »


