Gransnet forums

Games

LIMERICKS (April 2025 contd August 2026)

(182 Posts)
Magenta8 Sat 08-Aug-26 09:35:25

I would have liked to have a chat (First line)

MollyNew Mon 17-Aug-26 22:13:56

Ah, we have peace at last
It really is a contrast

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 18-Aug-26 08:30:45

Ah, we have peace at last
Instead of that horrid blast

Magenta8 Tue 18-Aug-26 09:17:56

Ah, we have peace at last
It really is a contrast
Silence is golden

Magenta8 Tue 18-Aug-26 09:18:52

Ah, we have peace at last
Instead of that horrid blast
Silence is golden

Magenta8 Tue 18-Aug-26 09:19:04

Take your pick.

GoldenLady Wed 19-Aug-26 15:04:02

Ah, we have peace at last
Instead of that horrid blast
Silence is golden
And worthy of holdin'

GoldenLady Sat 22-Aug-26 13:40:02

Ah, we have peace at last
Instead of that horrid blast
Silence is golden
And worthy of holdin'
Let us leave the noise in the past.

Summer will be over soon

MollyNew Sat 22-Aug-26 21:20:08

Summer will be over soon
And then it'll be Harvest moon

GoldenLady Sun 23-Aug-26 15:10:44

Summer will be over soon
And then it'll be Harvest moon
I love October

Magenta8 Sun 23-Aug-26 17:53:06

Summer will be over soon
And then it'll be Harvest moon
I love October
Moist, mellow, sober

GoldenLady Tue 25-Aug-26 14:48:01

Summer will be over soon
And then it'll be Harvest moon
I love October
Moist, mellow, sober
And more comfortable days than in June

Do you have a lovable pet?

MollyNew Tue 25-Aug-26 18:33:43

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet, yet

GoldenLady Fri 28-Aug-26 15:29:12

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet, yet
But the one I will get

SpinDriftCoastal Fri 28-Aug-26 19:47:09

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet, yet
Perhaps I'll get a rescue cat

Magenta8 Fri 28-Aug-26 20:56:07

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet yet
But the one I'll get
I'll catch in a net

GoldenLady Sat 29-Aug-26 14:33:28

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet yet
But the one I'll get
I'll catch in a net
Is this limerick weird? Yes, you bet!

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?

libra10 Sat 29-Aug-26 14:49:49

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd

GoldenLady Sun 30-Aug-26 14:57:36

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd
Sort of a squawk

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 01-Sept-26 08:38:09

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd
Sort of a squawk
Like some people talk

MollyNew Tue 01-Sept-26 12:02:17

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd
Sort of a squawk
Like some people talk
No sillier sound have I heard

I would like an Alpaca or Llama

Magenta8 Tue 01-Sept-26 18:35:52

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer

hollysteers Tue 01-Sept-26 19:34:53

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer
It’s different for sure

crazyH Tue 01-Sept-26 19:56:00

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer
It’s different for sure
Got its own. allure

SpinDriftCoastal Thu 03-Sept-26 09:30:29

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer
It’s different for sure
Got its own. allure
And comes across as much calmer.

The llama I'd walk

henetha Thu 03-Sept-26 11:32:59

The fluffy llama I would walk
And try hard to teach it to talk

(Sorry, spindriftcoastal, I stretched out your first line
to get it to 8 syllables which limericks have for 1st, 2nd and 5th lines. )