Gransnet forums

Games

More song lyrics 8

(930 Posts)
dayvidg Sun 19-Jan-25 18:03:46

When you're near
There's such an air of spring about it
I can hear a lark somewhere
Begin to sing about it
There's no love song finer
But how strange the change
From major to minor
Ev'ry time we say goodbye

Grandyma Sun 06-Sept-26 23:43:36

Falling in love again
Never wanted to
What am I to do?
I can't help it

Love's always been my game
Play it how I may
I was made that way
I can't help it

Men cluster to me
Like moths around a flame
And if their wings burn
I know I'm not to blame

Falling in love again
Never wanted to
What am I to do?
I just can't help it

dayvidg Mon 07-Sept-26 15:23:08

In dreams, I walk with you
In dreams, I talk to you
In dreams, you're mine, all of the time
We're together in dreams, in dreams
But just before the dawn
I awake and find you gone
I can't help it, I can't help it if I cry
I remember that you said goodbye
It's too bad that all these things
Can only happen in my dreams
Only in dreams
In beautiful dreams

Grandyma Mon 07-Sept-26 23:42:40

While I'm far away from you my baby
I know it's hard for you my baby
Because it's hard for me my baby
And the darkest hour is just before dawn
Each night before you go to bed my baby
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby
And tell all the stars above
This is dedicated to the one I love
(Love can never be exactly like we want it to be)
I could be satisfied knowing you love me
(And there's one thing I want you to do)
(Especially for me)
And it's something that everybody needs
While I'm far away from you my baby
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby
Because it's hard for me my baby
And the darkest hour is just before dawn

dayvidg Tue 08-Sept-26 14:47:42

The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I say a little prayer for you
While combing my hair, now,
And wondering what dress to wear, now,
I say a little prayer for you
Forever, and ever,
(you'll stay in my heart and I will love you)
(Forever) Forever, and ever,
(we never will part Oh, how I love you)
(Together) Together, together
(that's how it must be to live without you)
Would only mean heartbreak for me, ooh

Grandyma Wed 09-Sept-26 19:58:10

Tell me what's wrong with you now, tell me why I
Never seem to make you happy, though heaven knows I try
What does it take to please you?
Tell me just how
I can satisfy you, woman, you're drivin' me wild
Break up to make up, that's all we do
First you love me, then you hate me
That's a game for fools
Break up to make up, that's all we do
First you love me, then you hate me
That's a game for fools
Over and over and over and over

dayvidg Thu 10-Sept-26 15:06:39

Ah, now I don't hardly know her
But I think I could love her
Crimson and clover
Ah when she comes walking over
Now I've been waitin' to show her
Crimson and clover over and over
Yeah, my, my such a sweet thing
I wanna do every thing
What a beautiful feeling
Crimson and clover over and over

Grandyma Fri 11-Sept-26 11:20:25

I'm looking over a four leaf clover
That I overlooked before
One leaf is sunshine, the second is rain
Third is the roses that grow in the lane

No need explaining
The one remaining is somebody I adore
I'm looking over a four leaf clover
That I overlooked before

dayvidg Fri 11-Sept-26 13:48:10

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (There's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping

Grandyma Fri 11-Sept-26 22:25:57

You always love me more, miles away
I hear it in your voice, we're miles away
You're not afraid to tell me miles away
I guess we're at our best when we're miles away
So far away, so far away, so far away, so far away
So far away, so far away, so far away, so far away

dayvidg Sat 12-Sept-26 15:29:05

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly
Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday

Grandyma Sat 12-Sept-26 19:30:28

I'm her yesterday man
Well, my friends that's what I am
I'm her yesterday man
Well, my friends that's what I am
That's what I am, her yesterday man
Gone is the look of love she had last night

Gone is the look of love she had last night
You get some of the good kind and some of the bad kind
Some of the others are in between
All that I can say she was the worst kind
And I think you know what I mean
Yet for all that I say
I'd take her back any day

dayvidg Sun 13-Sept-26 13:58:36

The look of love
Is in your eyes.
A look your smile
Can't disguise.
The look of love,
It's saying so much more than
just words could ever say.
And what my heart has heard,
Well, it takes my breath away.
I can hardly wait to hold you,
Feel my arms around you.
How long I have waited,
Waited just to love you,
Now that I have found you.

Grandyma Sun 13-Sept-26 23:10:20

Judy in disguise, well that's what you are
A lemonade pie with your brand new car
Cantaloupe eyes come to me tonight
Judy in disguise, with glasses
Keep a-wearing your bracelets and your new Rara
And cross your heart, yeah, with your livin' bra
Chimney Sweep Sparrow with guise
Judy in disguise, with glasses
Come to me tonight, come to me tonight
Taking everything in sight
Except for the strings on my kite

dayvidg Mon 14-Sept-26 14:54:48

I will fly a yellow paper sun in your sky
When the wind is high, when the wind is high
I will float a silken silver moon near your window
If your night is dark, if your night is dark
In letters of gold on a snow white kite
I will write "I love you"
And send it soaring high above you
For all to read

Grandyma Mon 14-Sept-26 21:58:44

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No, I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

So darlin', darlin', stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Oh, stand
Stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

dayvidg Tue 15-Sept-26 14:31:50

There's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to
In my room, in my room
In this world I lock out all my worries and my fears
In my room, in my room

Do my dreaming and my scheming
Lie awake and pray
Do my crying and my sighing
Laugh at yesterday

Now it's dark and I'm alone
I won't be afraid
In my room, in my room
In my room, in my room
In my room, in my room

Grandyma Tue 15-Sept-26 22:16:08

In a white room with black curtains in the station
Black roof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings
Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes
Dawn light smiles on you leaving, my contentment
I'll wait in this place, where the sun never shines
Wait in this place, where the shadows run from themselves

dayvidg Wed 16-Sept-26 14:43:21

Take me back to an easy life
Robin Hood and Marian
A lone ranger on a silver horse
Make believe in a box of sand
Bang, bang, we all fall down
Just about dinner time
I'm eatin' bullets. Come on Fury - take me for a ride

Rocking Horse. Rocking Horse
Rocking Horse. Rocking Horse

Grandyma Thu 17-Sept-26 23:43:41

I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight

Bang bang, you shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down
Seasons came and changed the time
When I grew up, I called him mine
He would always laugh and say
"Remember when we used to play?"

"Bang bang, I shot you down
Bang bang, you'd hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, I used to shoot you down"

dayvidg Fri 18-Sept-26 15:27:30

The skies were pure and the fields were green
and the sun was brighter than it's ever been
When I grew up with my best friend, Kenny
we were close as any brothers that you ever knew
It was always summer and the future called
We were ready for adventures and we wanted them all
There was so much left to dream
and so much time to make it real

Grandyma Fri 18-Sept-26 17:03:10

You placed gold on my finger
You brought love, like I've never known
You gave life to our children
And to me, a reason to go on
You're my bread when I'm hungry
You're my shelter from troubled winds
You're my anchor in life's ocean
But most of all, you're my best friend
When I need hope and inspiration
You're always strong when I'm tired and weak
I could search this whole world over
You'd still be everythin' that I need

dayvidg Sat 19-Sept-26 15:04:39

There's a new world somewhere
They call the Promised Land
And I'll be there someday
If you will hold my hand
I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know I'll never find another you

There is always someone
For each of us, they say
And you'll be my someone
Forever and a day
I could search the whole world over
Until my life is through
But I know I'll never find another you

Grandyma Sat 19-Sept-26 17:18:43

Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride
A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us, "No"
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming
A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

dayvidg Sun 20-Sept-26 14:50:25

I think I'm goin' back
To the things I learned so well in my youth
I think I'm returning to
Those days when I was young enough to know the truth
Now there are no games to only pass the time
No more electric trains, no more trees to climb
But thinking young and growing older is no sin
And I can play the game of life to win

I can recall a time
When I wasn't ashamed to reach out to a friend
Now, I think I've got
A lot more than just my toys to lend
Now there's more to do than watch my sailboat glide
But every day can be a magic carpet ride
A little bit of courage is all we lack
So catch me if you can, I'm goin' back

Grandyma Mon 21-Sept-26 11:59:15

I like to dream, yes, yes
Right between the sound machine
On a cloud of sound I drift in the night
Any place it goes is right
Goes far, flies near
To the stars away from here
Well, you don't know what we can find
Why don't you come with me, little girl
On a magic carpet ride
Well, you don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free
Close your eyes, girl
Look inside, girl
Let the sound take you away
Last night I hold Aladdin's lamp
And so I wished that I could stay
Before the thing could answer me
Well, someone came and took the lamp away
I looked around, a lousy candle's all I found