Gransnet forums

Games

More song lyrics 8

(931 Posts)
dayvidg Sun 19-Jan-25 18:03:46

When you're near
There's such an air of spring about it
I can hear a lark somewhere
Begin to sing about it
There's no love song finer
But how strange the change
From major to minor
Ev'ry time we say goodbye

dayvidg Mon 10-Aug-26 15:50:20

What goes up must come down
Spinnin' wheel got to go 'round
Talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spin

You got no money and you got no home
Spinnin' wheel all alone
Talkin' 'bout your troubles and you, you never learn
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel turn

Grandyma Wed 12-Aug-26 11:08:38

Dizzy
I'm so dizzy my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool, it never ends
And it's you, girl, making it spin
You're making me dizzy

I finally got to talk to you
And I told you just exactly how I felt
Then I held you close to me
And kissed you and my heart began to melt

Girl, you've got control on me
'Cause I'm so dizzy I can't see
I need to call a doctor for some help

dayvidg Wed 12-Aug-26 14:24:42

Jimi's playin' in the back room
Led Zeppelin on stage
There's a mirror ball twirlin'
And a note from Page
Like a water-washed diamond
In a river of sin
Goin' down like a whirlpool
When you get sucked in

Downtown
Let's go downtown
Downtown tonight
Downtown
Hear the band playin'
Downtown all right

Grandyma Fri 14-Aug-26 11:02:07

Outside another yellow moon
Has punched a hole in the night time mist
I climb through the window and down to the street
I'm shining like a new dime
The downtown trains are full
Full of all them Brooklyn girls
They try so hard to break out of their little worlds
You wave your hand and they scatter like crows
They have nothing that'll ever capture your heart
They're just thorns without the rose
Be careful of them in the dark
Oh, if I was the one
You chose to be your only one
Oh, baby, can't you hear me now?
Can't you hear me now?
Will I see you tonight
On a downtown train?
Every night, every night, it's just the same
On a downtown

dayvidg Fri 14-Aug-26 14:16:30

Don't give your love to strangers
He's looking for a way to capture your heart
Bellman, please
I'm checking in at the heartbreak inn

When I finally looked into your eyes
Much to my surprise
I found to you
Love's a game to be played
Yes, played from time to time
I'm swallowing my pride
Come back, you're blowing my mind

Listen to me, listen please
It's your conscience
He don't love you, he don't care
This is nonsense, nonsense

Grandyma Sun 23-Aug-26 14:57:20

Strangers in the night
Exchanging glances
Wondering in the night
What were the chances
We'd be sharing love
Before the night was through?
Something in your eyes
Was so inviting
Something in your smile
Was so exciting
Something in my heart told me I must have you

dayvidg Mon 24-Aug-26 14:54:21

So many times
Said it was forever
Said our love would always be true
Something in my heart always knew
I'd be lying here beside you
On my own
On my own
On my own
So many promises never should be spoken
Now I know what loving you cost
Now we're up to talking divorce
And we weren't even married
On my own
Once again now
One more time
By myself
No one said it was easy

Grandyma Tue 25-Aug-26 10:35:36

Sometimes I feel nobody gives me no warning
Find my head is always up in the clouds in a dreamworld
It's not easy - living on my own, my own, my own
Dee do de de, dee do de de
I don't have no time for no monkeybusiness
Dee do de de, dee do de de
I get so lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Got to be some good times ahead

dayvidg Tue 25-Aug-26 16:07:40

In the days of my youth
I was told what it means to be a man
Now I've reached that age
I've tried to do all those things the best I can
No matter how I try
I find my way to the same old jam
Good times, bad times
You know I've had my share
When my woman left home
For a brown-eyed man
Well, I still don't seem to care

Grandyma Tue 25-Aug-26 23:11:44

I tried so hard
So hard to please
Oh ho, my darling
What more can I do
Doin' the best
The best I can
But it's not good enough for you
You know I was the kind who'd run
Any time you'd call
I guess I was the only one
Who didn't mind at all
I'll be a dreamer
I'll be a fool
Oh ho, my darling
My whole life through
Doin' the best
The best I can
But it's not good enough for you

dayvidg Wed 26-Aug-26 13:43:42

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

Grandyma Thu 27-Aug-26 23:15:22

So far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place any more?
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
Doesn't help to know you're just time away
Long ago I reached for you and there you stood
Holding you again could only do me good
How I wish I could
But you're so far away

dayvidg Fri 28-Aug-26 14:19:53

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnetar pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Grandyma Sat 29-Aug-26 11:09:51

We're caught in a trap, I can't walk out
Because I love you too much, baby
Why can't you see what you're doin' to me
When you don't believe a word I say?

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds (With suspicious minds)
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds

dayvidg Sat 29-Aug-26 13:42:44

Don't believe me if I tell you
Not a word of this is true
Don't believe me if I tell you, especially if I tell you
I'm in love with you
Don't believe me if I tell you
That I wrote this song for you
There just might be some other silly pretty girl
I'm singing to
Don't believe a word
Words are only spoken
But your heart is like a promise
Made to be broken

Grandyma Mon 31-Aug-26 10:50:32

I walk along the road and past your door
And I remember things you said
I know in time it could
Have been so much more
But if you want to come back home
Go right ahead
But I don't believe in miracles
I don't believe in miracles
But I thought you might show your face
Or have the grace to tell me where you are
(tell me where you are)
I believe I was your game, your ball
(your ball)
If you threw me out then I would fall
So you won again, you win them all
But I believe I'd run to
You if you should call

dayvidg Mon 31-Aug-26 15:51:55

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me, and I walk alone
I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

Grandyma Mon 31-Aug-26 23:04:45

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine, I walk the line
As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine, I walk the line

dayvidg Tue 01-Sept-26 15:45:44

If you, if you could get by
Trying not to lie
Things wouldn't be so confused
And I wouldn't feel so used
But you always really knew
I just wanna be with you
And I'm in so deep
You know I'm such a fool for you
You got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let it linger?
Do you have to, do you have to
Do you have to let it linger?

Grandyma Wed 02-Sept-26 11:17:44

Somebody's waitin' on the River Jordan
Somebody's waitin' on the other side
I cast my stones on the way to Heaven
But on the way, you know that I will abide
Yes, on the way, you know that I will abide
Yeah
Walk that line, boy
I'm amazed
I'm confused
I've been dazed, yeah (I've been dazed)
I've been used
Take me home to that golden river
Take me back to that other shore
I'll find my way to that peaceful playground
I know I'll find it 'cause I've been there before
I know I'll find it 'cause I've been there before

dayvidg Wed 02-Sept-26 13:56:41

Been dazed and confused for so long, it's not true
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you
Lots of people talkin', few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below, yeah
You hurt and abuse, tellin' all of your lies
Run 'round, sweet baby, Lord, how they hypnotize
Sweet little baby, I don't know where you been
Gonna love you, baby, here I come again

Grandyma Thu 03-Sept-26 10:41:20

And as the moon rises, he sits by his fire
Just thinking about women and glasses and beer
And closing his eyes as the dogies retire
He sings out a song which is soft but it's clear
Just as if maybe someone could hear
He says goodnight all you moonlight ladies
Rockabye, sweet baby James
Deep greens and blues for the colors I choose
Won't you let me go down in my dreams?
Yes, I rockabye sweet baby James

dayvidg Thu 03-Sept-26 16:15:42

He was born on easy streets
Played so hard his feet they
never touched the ground
Never felt afraid
Hour after shining hour
No thought of time no parents worrying
Innocent of fear

Now my, my, look at that sky
Closing his eyes on a new tomorrow
Hey, hey, Heaven's in tears
Crying for the disappeared

Grandyma Sat 05-Sept-26 22:45:25

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darling, darling
Stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand, stand by me
Stand by me
If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darling, darling
Stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me
Stand by me
Darling, darling
Stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me
Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me
Oh stand by me, oh won't you stand now, stand
Stand by me...

dayvidg Sun 06-Sept-26 15:54:52

Oh no
Here I go again
Fallin' in love again

Love is like a grain of sand
Slowly slippin' through your hand
Oh, oh, whoa
Whoa oh, Diane
Whoa oh, Diane

Will I love you?
I will
Always
Will you stand by me always?