My husband's brother has died, and his daughter (our niece) is coming over from Portugal to stay with us for the week of the funeral.
We are both 85 and pretty fragile, but happy to put her up she's coming a long way and is alone and grieving for her Dad. She's in her 50s.
She asked us to make all the funeral arrangements, which hasn't been straightforward yet everything is finally arranged.
So what's my problem?
Answer - cooking.
I'm a plain cook (as most people my age are) and she's an expert and not shy with criticism, I usually batch-cook for the freezer, but plain things like shepherd's pie, hotpot, beef pies etc.
She doesn't like mince and that includes sausages, or chicken or lamb or fish, I use a lot of chicken and mince.
So I'm currently wracking my brains as to what to make - I need 6 meals I can produce quickly, preferably from the freezer - please can any of you come up with some ideas?
So far I have a menu of:-
Roast pork etc for Sunday
Toad in the hole for Monday (yes I know - sausages) but easy
Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? Friday? Saturday?
Richard Osman and his House of Games
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Sudden pain in back of leg behind knee
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
