Referring to Owen Glendower, Shakespeare gives Hotspur the words:
"I had rather live
With cheese and garlic in a windmill, far,
Than feed on cates and have him talk to me
In any summer-house in Christendom."
I don't think he liked garlic very much!
Gransnet forums
Food
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »



Or the only one who'll admit to it! 

]. I therefore feel that a law should be passed making everybody eat garlic all the time so we all smell of it and don't notice it. I also love the smell of wild garlic. Which reminds me of someone telling me years back of going a courting one night and not noticing that he and his girlfriend were romping in the wild garlic [not hay]. Everyone else noticed, though 