Smileless2012
Of course there are always reasons for estrangement, some EP's know what they are and some don't.
I agree that what your brother's doing isn't a good look VS; rather mercenary behaviour.
A parent wouldn't necessarily be having a false relationship with a returning EAC if they didn't reinstate them into their will. They may make them aware that they've been disinherited then the AC can decide what's more important.
Not all children know the content of their parents wills prior to their parents dying and there could by any number of shocks/surprises when the time comes.
That's a good point LOUISA about an EAC not wanting the inheritance and donating it to charity.
Sorry to clarify, it was the "never trust or forgive" I was referring to..
So many relationships have issues, people hurt each other and have to work through it. This statement should in essence, firmly shut the door on a relationship as it would not be real or healthy for either of them
When the previously estranged child, who thought they had made peace finds out at the last possible moment it was all a lie and they are to be punished? That is, I don't have words to express how hurtful that would be to someone's own child.
I cannot understand it, and because this thread is advice to an estranged parent who needs support with the will, felt it needed to be challenged