I need to buy some new more reliable ones. The ones I have are over 20yrs ?30yrs old. I have tried digital ones in the kitchen and they seem not to last.
I need to be able to read them from 5' above them which means a big enough Dial. Then its digital vs mechanical. I don't want to pay more than £30.
Which is a bit silly when I paid a lot more treating myself to a set of weights and kitchen balance scales in February. (They are such an improvement on the spring balance sort.) I could do with some suggestions please.
Having just posted all that, I couldn't bear the suspense. The bathroom is next to my office, where my computer is located. I had to go and weigh myself. I am 9 stone 12 oz. I think I was 9 stone 12 oz last time I weighed myself about 10 years ago but can't be absolutely sure. I'll do it again in 10 years – perhaps.
I have some very accurate digital bathroom scales that also do all sorts of calculations about body mass index, weight gain/weight loss and, for all I know, will make toast in both imperial and metric measurements for breakfast. (I am a cookery writer so they may even do it cup measurements!) They were packed in the "bathroom box" for the great move from the UK to NZ and duly unpacked and put in the bathroom here. I am pretty sure that I haven't weighed myself since I left London (to move to the North-east before moving to New Zealand) in 2010. I do dust them every time I clean the bathroom.
I don't have any bathroom scales and up until about a week ago I had no idea what I weighed. I knew I had lost some weight as my clothes are a bit too big for me so I took a trip to Boots and did a BMI / weight / height thingy. I was pleasantly suprised and have promised myself I will do it once every few months just to keep a check on things.
'Good' bathroom scales, never tell you the truth, they always say [in a rather dreamy male voice] exactly the weight you want to be. They then tell you to have a nice day, ask if you have done anything to your hair, because it suits you and then zip back into the corner of the bathroom where they live.
I bought these Salter scales in John Lewis about four years ago and they're still going strong. They cost about £20 then so these prices look good particularly as includes P&P:
I was just telling you about my digital scale which i have recently bought. type Price may be the matter for some people but i am quite satisfied with its features. Elegran you can chose any one among the scales available there