Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

🦞 The Lockdown Gang still chatting 🦞

(684 Posts)
Grammaretto Wed 06-May-26 19:12:28

I know Doodle. how did we get these middle aged sons when we are are still so young and beautiful!
DD was a late addition so she's under 40. It makes me feel ancient.

I had a chat with him birthday boy today and ofcourse we'll meet at the funeral next week. So sad.

How was Windsor? How was the statue exhibition?

Voting tomorrow. People are saying they are not bothering to vote so I'm reminding them if they don't vote, the really awful ones might win.

Think of how Hitler was elected...... 😢

Tomorrow is also the day we lead a walk with U3A.

An old friend came today to choose a few books. He offered to help with anything I need for moving, along with his friends. How kind.

I hope you have managed the paperwork NotSpaghetti?

How is everyone?

Doodle Tue 05-May-26 21:55:15

Grammaretto happy birthday to your son. Hope he had a good day. Both our sons are over 50. Can’t believe it.
Wow that’s a lot of work gone into all those photos. Is this for the estate agent? Hope you have a nice day in Edinburgh
I’ve been to Windsor today. Tomorrow I’m going to an open garden to see a statue exhibition. Hoping it doesn’t rain.
Notspaghetti lovely to hear from you. Yes I can imagine there’s a lot of paperwork to do. Hope you’re coping ok.

Kaimoana we miss you a lot. Hope you’re managing ok but I know things are difficult.

NN are you home yet. Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Just sending out a hello to ixion and Cherry we haven’t forgotten you. Hope you’re ok. Also Jan, NFK and Mamissimo and Spud and anyone else I’ve forgotten to mention

NotSpaghetti Tue 05-May-26 10:01:18

Tried to post a longer piece yesterday but now I know why it wouldn't go! "Chat closed" came up - and now I know why!!
I just thought something odd had happened!

NotSpaghetti Tue 05-May-26 09:58:12

Just want to say hello. Struggling with paperwork, family and insurance claims - but wanted to say hello.

Not everything is chaos! Don't feel sorry for me!

Hugs to all of you

Grammaretto Mon 04-May-26 22:13:06

I wrote on the other thread. I didn't realise it had reached 1000. ThanksDoodle for starting another one.

Sorry NN that your doggies are so worrying for you 😔
Did you go to the motor museum?

The photographer came and stayed for 5½ hours. He did every kind of film including the drone. He even wanted me to talk on video about the history of the house. I didn't want to!

He suggested I light the fires as people like to know that they are real. Will I have to light them for every house viewing?

When he'd gone I drove down to the Borders with a friend to visit another woman whose husband died recently.
We took her out for a delicious Indian meal.

At least that's done now . Tomorrow I am heading into Edinburgh to meet an old friend.

It's my DS birthday today. I can't believe he's 50.

How are all the Lobstars?

Doodle Mon 04-May-26 20:36:06

Our animals are always a worry. They give such unconditional love and it’s our job to care for them. Glad all seem to be ok.
Wales is a lovely place to visit NN

Naughtyneine Mon 04-May-26 08:50:56

*We are about to start packing up and I will be quite relieved to be home if I'm honest. The garden show was or would have been lovely but the 3 ' children ' wanted to pee on every display we got near so we didn't get near. Not their fault as every other dog at the show wanted to do the same.
I had plant envy at the hoards of people hauling festival trolleys full of plants trundled past us but I consoled myself that I could probably get most of them a lot cheaper nearer to home.
We found a lovely country park near Hamble and we really happy to see the dogs careering around until Ddog collapsed after chasing Ddog3. She just keeled over and we both thought she'd gone. ( We did say afterwards that if she had it would have been lovely...doing what she loved most with the people and dog family close by). Within seconds though she was wagging her tail and back on her feet.
Later in the afternoon Ddog1 jumped down from Maevemouse and landed badly and had been very quiet since...he is weight bearing and no obvious signs of injury so we are hoping it's just a muscle.

My nerves are stretched to breaking point and my fears about being in Ireland and Ddog2 deteriorating and then needing , I can't actually write it all came to the fore and when DH asked if I wanted to cancel I admitted I did but didn't want to because I know how excited he was about going. Bless him he said if I was going to be unhappy and worried there was no point in still going. I said we could go anywhere in this country instead maybe ( his leave dates have been booked since he joined) so we will probably go back to our happy place in Wales instead.
Our OZ friends have delayed their trip as he is having treatment for a malignant melanoma so in some ways postponing makes sense.
Have a happy Bank Holiday....or Monday depending on where you are in the world.*

Doodle Sun 03-May-26 19:58:16

Well I went to see what was happening on the old thread and we had reached another 1000 posts.
Amazing really

I’ve been for lunch with son and family and dog today. We sat outside and it was lovely. So much more peaceful than indoors. Lovely meal too and my favorite chocolate and honeycomb ice cream to follow. 😋

Doodle Sun 03-May-26 19:56:19

Yes another new thread. A gentle chat for old friends and new