Soon after we were advised to not make any unnecessary journeys, my sister decided to travel on the train from Cheshire to the south coast where I live. She wanted to see our mother who lives nearby in a sheltered apartment. I had said sister could stay at our house before the advice was issued, but then I became somewhat reticent about her staying here. I had already tried to put her off coming but she was determined. She decided to stay at Mum’s instead and then went in and out to the shops most days. By this time the advice to self isolate had been given. She then travelled back to Cheshire by train. By doing what she wanted she put myself, my husband (because we did agree to pick her up from the station, but didn’t return her to the station at the end of her visit) and my mother, not to mention herself, in danger of catching the virus.
After she returned home she sent me a series of vile texts because I had backtracked on allowing her to stay in my home. Before she came I had advised her not to come because the government had recommended no further unnecessary journeys.
The vile texts have quite upset me to be honest.