I can’t remember which one it is, but the ‘princess’ or whoever she’s supposed to be - says she doesn’t like Christmas pudding! Sacrilege!
Though if she’s only ever had shop ones - so dark, dense and heavy - I can understand it. My homemade version, OTOH, from an old GH recipe, might well have changed her mind. People who think they don’t like Christmas pud have often had seconds. 🎄
I simply never watch any tv ads. I usually watch TV programmes on Catch Up and BBC1 programmes I enjoy such as Strictly, I start watching late and then I can fast forward through the annoying chatty bits. In these times when Food Banks seem to be feeding so many people it is rather insensitive to show tables groaning under the amount of dishes shown. By mistake I opened an M&S one in an e-mail which had a Fairy and a Rabbit with one eye. I did watch it and from what I can gather M&S are selling Christmas Food this year, who knew?
We're you asking me that question, volver? I am under no illusions it is meant to be what it is - all the toot, tinsel, baubles, chocolates etc. but it has little meaning, no clear message, just a bit of fun. Personally I prefer those with less chit-chat, more heart strings stuff, and ones that deliver on luxury items!
We're you asking me that question, volver? I am under no illusions it is meant to be what it is - all the toot, tinsel, baubles, chocolates etc. but it has little meaning, no clear message, just a bit of fun. Personally I prefer those with less chit-chat, more heart strings stuff, and ones that deliver on luxury items!
It was just a general question Joseanne, I think it was you who called it tacky?
I’ve just seen the Asda advert and like it - it’s quite funny, and at least it doesn’t show tables groaning with far more food than average family would eat for Xmas day lunch.
Yes, this. Pushing overpriced treats and gifts would be more cringeworthy than ever this year.
When you hide Advent calendars out of sight of the grandkids and away from the dogs, then along comes a hungry mouse!! I reckon I could make a good Christmas advert out of that. 🐁
I set myself a challenge to avoid things I don't want to see on TV.
I think I managed to miss all the christmas ads last year, and I can proudly say I don't know how many children Kate and William, and the other two have.
Personally, I would prefer the big companies to cut down on the extravagant advertising costs and keep prices that bit lower for the benefit of the consumer. I am not tempted to shop at the supermarket with the glitziest Christmas TV commercial, nor am I tempted to buy a perfume advertised by girls dancing in a meadow or one riding a horse up a flight of steps.
I'd like one that said "Happy Christmas. In lieu of a huge advertising campaign, we have donated the money to... wherever..." I think the trussel trust would be appropriate this year.