Gransnet forums

Chat

You and Yours to be cut from BBC radio 4 schedule

(24 Posts)
Glenfinnan Fri 09-Oct-26 14:18:57

Always listen to You and Yours ! Another misguided action from the BBC!!

Ilovecheese Fri 09-Oct-26 14:07:51

I was feeling put out that You and Yours is to be axed then remembered that I hadn't listened to it for years.

Susieq62 Fri 09-Oct-26 14:06:03

Ps I was interviewed once by Winifred for the programme and she was very professional

Susieq62 Fri 09-Oct-26 14:05:02

I think it is an excellent programme which brings to the forefront many important consumer issues ! I also listen to “Cafe Hope “ and “Antisocial” which look at current issues or community set ups providing lifelines to others! I don’t know where the BBC is heading but this isn’t the right way in my view!

Oreo Fri 09-Oct-26 13:54:13

Since I am assuming that Winifred Robinson is an older woman maybe she wants to retire so they think it’s time to end it?

Oreo Fri 09-Oct-26 13:52:46

winifred01

So sorry to hear it is being axed! So informative and Winifred is excellent!

Well, 😄you would say that wouldn’t you?

skate Fri 09-Oct-26 13:51:05

What a shame to lose Winifred Robinson, an excellent presenter who manages calmly to convey that she's interested in the subject under discussion, and can empathise with her interviewees, unlike the shouty self-promoting bores we have to put up with on other programmes, who cackle loudly at every opportunity and cannot pronounce the letter 't'.

winifred01 Fri 09-Oct-26 13:45:29

So sorry to hear it is being axed! So informative and Winifred is excellent!

Oreo Fri 09-Oct-26 08:36:58

It’s not something I have ever listened to, but I know it’s been around for a very long time, which could be either good or bad for listening figures.

Basgetti Thu 08-Oct-26 14:11:53

Good, about time!

Doodledog Thu 08-Oct-26 12:29:13

We pay for it so it is not funded by advertisers with vested interests, which is a principle I applaud.

I like You and Yours, too. There are many things I would cut before that.

nanna8 Thu 08-Oct-26 12:25:55

Can’t believe you actually have to pay for it.

watermeadow Thu 08-Oct-26 12:24:04

There’s less and less I want to listen to on BBC. It will soon be nonstop news and politics.
Todays cuts include several good and popular programs.

saintpiran Thu 08-Oct-26 11:47:15

Can think of so many other programmes that should be axed before You and Yours. I find more information linked to my circumstances on this than anywhere else on the BBC. Also I can understand what Winifred is saying without straining, her voice is perfect. gutted

HelterSkelter1 Thu 08-Oct-26 11:47:00

Dont worry Petrina you are the 3rd voice. Maybe you like things I hate. But that's life. We are all different.
I am disappointed to see it go.

25Avalon Thu 08-Oct-26 11:46:24

This is one of the best consumer programmes and they are going to axe it? Madness

Petrina Thu 08-Oct-26 11:38:47

I'm going to be, probably, the single voice along that I hated it...

blue14 Thu 08-Oct-26 11:24:40

I am so sorry to hear this.
It's such an easy and informative programme to listen to.

Sillymoo Thu 08-Oct-26 11:06:46

Oh no! Its already been cut from 5 days to 3, one of which is a phone in.

EkwaNimitee Thu 08-Oct-26 11:00:05

I’m disappointed to hear this. I don’t generally listen to it but it’s a useful program for many I’m sure. I’ve always really liked Winifred Robinson who’s an excellent presenter.

I suppose they’ll replace it with some cheap rubbish to save money.

eazybee Thu 08-Oct-26 10:49:03

I suppose it provided a valuable service, but I always found it immensely boring. However, I wonder what will replace it.

mokryna Thu 08-Oct-26 09:57:13

I enjoy listening to this program as it advises and helps the public. It’s a big shame if it goes through. Is the BBC thinking of replacing it with something similar?

HelterSkelter1 Thu 08-Oct-26 09:54:37

Am not related to W Robinson although I wish I were as she sounds fun.

HelterSkelter1 Thu 08-Oct-26 09:51:12

Announced on BBC news headlines today . I am sad about this as it is such a good consumer programme and Winifred Robinson an excellent presenter. In fact a stand out presenter amongst many poor ones over the radio stations.

What are the BBC thinking of? What will be cut next I wonder. What on earth will be left.