Aggie, have a great time.
What's next for Meghan and Harry?
You and Yours to be cut from BBC radio 4 schedule
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
A busy day awaits , I have a phone call mid morning as to enlarged prostrate ,from a nurse at the Churchill in Oxford before I can get a bus to do a shop in Bicester and hopefully see people I know.
I had some annoying phone calls last night a noted scam call , which use a 0800 number , hopefully I blocked on my phone.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick
Aggie, have a great time.
Good morning from a chilly Co Armagh, I’m still in pjs ,
I read this thread in bed most days , but can’t type in bed ! So I forget most of what I want to say by the time I’m up and in the living room
I’m having fun in my new greenhouse , it’s good to have a bit os space to potter
I’m trying to rescue some geraniums , if they get too straggly I can take cuttings , but some in pots hiding in the border are still giving a good display that it’s going to be a fine line between saving them and losing them one cold night
My daughter and granddaughters are coming for a few days , so I’ve beds to make and then pack a small bag so I can go off with them for a few days
Hoping for a good day for all x
Gelisa, I’m sure most if not all charity shops run along the same lines as the one in which I volunteer.
If the donor is signed up to the gift aid scheme we find their details on the till which then prints large labels which are stuck onto their bags before they are put into the pens in the sorting room.
When the bags are taken out to be processed we then print out much smaller adhesive price tickets bearing the donor’s number and barcode which are attached to any of their donations which are put out for sale.
Once the item is sold the label is scanned at the till so that the amount is logged to their gift aid scheme.
It’s very efficient so there’s no guess work involved.
Good morning everyone from a very misty Northampton, but it looks as though it will clear and be sunny later.
Yesterday was sunny and warm and the washing dried beautifully. I had to wait in for the security alarm engineer to come, so that's done for another year. I messaged my gardener to ask him to come and cut the grass and do a tidy up before I go on holiday, and he will come this Friday.
Have now completely finished reading The Odyssey, and enjoyed it all, including the translator's notes and even the glossary which gave the correct pronunciations for all the Greek words - I was relieved to find out I had been getting most of them right!
Very much enjoyed my sausage tray-bake and there is plenty left for today.
Out to the cinema this afternoon to see Sense and Sensibility; I had to miss last week's showing because of my cough/cold. Might get into town a bit earlier to pick up one or two things at the shops.
Hoping that all have a pleasant autumn day before it gets colder tomorrow - that's the forecast here anyway!
Good morning from Shropshire.Dry at the moment but rain and thunder forecast for later.
An enjoyable drive over to Staffordshire yesterday stopping for lunch on the way.DGS1 was in good form so a fun couple of hours with him.Both my daughters are under the weather.They work so hard.
Today I am looking forward to a day at home.We have had a busy time with a lot of appointments and family stuff and I definitely need to recharge my batteries!
I hope all medical appointments go well🙏🏻
Wishing everyone a good day🌻🦩
Morning from a slightly misty S Hants. If it dries out MrJ will cut the ‘grass’ such as it is, I’ll pot up viola’s with him.
A fractured night, thank you EkwaNimitee yes, it’s certainly painful, that plus dietary restrictions are great for weight loss though!
Voluntary phone was averagely busy yesterday, admin to do now.
Good luck Gageagran 🚙
🦩🦩
Good morning from a wet northwest coast. My friend gave a good lunchtime recital in town yesterday, accompanied by his son. A very good turnout and I actually paid for parking in town as I was running late. I usually park a little outside and walk in, the walk is good for me.
A little food shop and a quiet night in, watching Wessex Tales on YouTube from the 70s, excellent.
Today to the usual music club, so will have a warm up and in again tonight.
Thoughts to all🌺
I had my flu jab in Saturday . No after effects at all not even a sore arm. I wonder if the needle actually went in 😉
Good morning from a grey and damp.
Forecast is for rain all day and 12°.
Yesterday was my flu and covid vaccinations, DS was going to come and take me but he forgot. I did get myself to the pharmacy and home again but I didn't do anything for the rest of the day.
Just after midnight my painful arm woke me and I had to take paracetamol and read for a while before I could go back to sleep.
My elder sister is visiting this afternoon and we will play Scrabble, have tea and chat.
Have a good day.
Good morning and the sky is bright.
Our roof removers worked hard yesterday after being 2 hours late as their van had broken down.,
At the moment there is no roof or covering, but with rain forecast for tomorrow, theyll make sure it’s waterproof. It’s going to take a week or more .
When finished we’ll get the painters in and new carpet fitted. So we will be topsy turvy for some while.
I got lots of jobs done yesterday, Bank for transfers, post office where they renew your passport for you there and then. Brilliant service. A small shop, pharmacy in the opposite direction for missed items, but it all takes time without my car, 😥. You don’t realise until it’s you!.
Today men will be arriving shortly, I’ll walk the dog and then get Dh up .
This afternoon I’ll go to Bridge .
I spoke to db2 to wish him a happy cruise. Cancelled , for lack of water 😳. He was going on a river cruise on the Rhine (or Danube) 🤔.🤯.
Take care all and I hope all suffering one way or another improve and feel better.🙏.
Good morning from an overcastN. Bucks.
DHis off to play table tennis in a while and I potter and do a few little household tasks.
The gout in my foot is much improved, more of a twinge now. I was given Naproxen for the swelling and I have been having such weird and disturbing dreams. Wonder if they are the cause.
Had my flu jab yesterday, no ill effects luckily.
DH has suggested lunch out as he has a half price voucher, so we’ll go towards Milton Keynes as I’d like to pop in to Next. I’ve seen a few items I’d like.
I may go to a flower demo. this evening, depending how I feel.
Glad to hear some of the dental problems have improved and hope others with illness and troubles find some relief.
A good day wished for all with a smile along the way.
Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we can expect rain and 18°C. It is mild enough. I still sleep under my summer duvet with the window open and it’s not chilly here back in bed just now with my TiB.
I need to get the bus into Chorlton and then Didsbury. Just a couple of errands I’ve been putting off. Queen of Procrastination, that’s me. I’ll have a nice coffee and a small mooch in both areas before coming home.
I’ve made an appointment in the pharmacy downstairs to see the lady podiatrist late this afternoon. She only works there 2 days a week. £45 for ½ an hour but I want her to have a look at one of my big toe nails which is very bruised and gave me gyp over the weekend. Typically now I’ve made the appointment it seems easier this morning and last night the throbbing pain didn’t wake me. Always the way isn’t it?
Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with light grey clouds
Hoping all goes well with your appointment today grandmabatty and everyone else too with medical checks today
I’m off to the gym this morning for aerobics class and then looking forward to a catch up coffee with pals. Yesterday it was lovely to see both dgc, we didn’t get to see DD2 though as it was parents evening at school.
Fingers crossed you can get back driving again soon gagagran and good to hear your DS is recovering well
Hoping everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐
Good morning from a bright and sunny Suffolk which mirrors the last few although change,we are told,is on the way tomorrow.
I volunteered to go on the church cleaning rota when I retired and used to be responsible for 2 months along with a stalwart of the parish. She recently moved from the village to our nearby town and the person replacing her is in her 90s and not at all well.
October is the 1 month I now do and I popped into the church yesterday to see what state it was in. It only has a service once a month now. The bats are still very active as evidenced by their droppings in the side aisle and nave so my plans for this morning have changed and I shall go equipped with Marigolds and do a thorough clean.
DH has suggested I ask our cleaners to take over my month on a paid basis of course but that seems a bit unnecessary whilst I can still do it.
Hope those unwell have a better day and there is some sunshine for all. Now about to read the posts and have a 2nd cup of tea.
kittylester
Good morning all from North Leicestershire.
We have to take the baby car to the garage by 9 hampered by dreadful road works at some traffic lights near the garage. DH has a drive later.
My volunteering role is up in the air at the moment. The contract for Dementia Services has been awarded to a different charity. The staff and volunteers are expected to be swapped over but,in the meantime, our service users have been left in limbo. As have we volunteers. I'm so bored I might have to start doing housework.
Don’t panic kittylester ! Noting is so bad you are reduced to doing housework.
Resist, resist, resist!
Good Morning everyone from a 12degrees central south coast. The temperature is definitely slowly declining but we can't grumble after the summer and early autumn we have enjoyed. Well maybe not the heatwaves - more endurance for some of us!
I have sympathy for your DH's nerve pain Gelisa having suffered that myself since the rotator cuff injury to my left shoulder in April 2025. I have been unable to drive because of it BUT yesterday I sat in the car driving seat to see if I could manage to change gear and yes I can! DH adjusted the seat back to my requirements and suggests we try a little drive somewhere with him alongside in case I need to stop. Seems it may be possible for me to drive again after all. We' ll see.
Good news also from DS who yesterday saw his consultant and the Achilles tendon has healed and the boot has been discarded . He has to have a splint in his shoe and his physio/rehab starts tomorrow. He is delighted of course - as am I, for him! It is just one of the many injuries he has had over years of extreme sports so I know what to say to encourage and support him!
That's my medical updates and I hope there is better news too for all GNs with their own health issues. Especially thinking of Marydoll who struggles with hers every day. 
Take care everyone and have the best day you can.
A quick morning all from West Oxfordshire.
I’m off to London shortly for a study day at the Royal Academy.
Have a good day everyone.
Good morning Mick and everyone from grey Carlisle.
I was awake mostly from 3am with a bad head and mostly dozed from then on, it's improved now I've got up.
Yesterday I put my e-consult form in at the earliest and got a call back 10 minutes later with an appointment for the afternoon in the city centre surgery.
After a morning of gently doing some routine housework, I duly attended...it was the nurse practitioner not the doc. Not an entirely satisfactory result, I eventually got a prescription for antibiotics having convinced her that, after a lifetime of utis, I knew the symptoms well! The high blood pressure was another matter. It had been a routine 7 day check requested by the surgery and the evening results were high. I thought medics liked to jump on high BP and start you on pills but she wasn't fazed. They don't do anything until you're consistently getting readings around 200, I'm not quite there! So presumably I'm not going to explode just yet.
As for today, keep calm and carry on...a bit of bathroom cleaning and vacuuming and maybe into the garden for a bit of trimming.
Jaxjacky I hope your mouth is ok today. I had a dry socket once, decades ago, and I still clearly remember the hideous, opiate level pain. I think my tongue sought out the cavity the first night after the extraction and removed the clot, so sometimes all the care you take during the day goes for nowt.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.
Up unusually early for me as awaiting delivery of a new I-pad from John Lewis due between 7.00 and 11.30 am. This is to replace the five year old downstairs one which will then replace the ten year old upstairs one. I do get my money’s worth out of them.
Bed changing and Wonderful Cleaner will make for a busy morning and a tidy house, so a useful day. And I shall get the bedding dried outside, always a bonus.
Think the double yolkers are done for this year, dragonfly.
Good morning from a misty Leicestershire.
Popping to Sainsbury’s later then a trip to the egg farm kitty told me about. I love their double-yolkers!
Also need to prepare the lawn for Green Thumb tomorrow who are going to treat the chafer grubs and leatherjackets.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.
Don't do anything that drastic Kitty!
Good morning all from North Leicestershire.
We have to take the baby car to the garage by 9 hampered by dreadful road works at some traffic lights near the garage. DH has a drive later.
My volunteering role is up in the air at the moment. The contract for Dementia Services has been awarded to a different charity. The staff and volunteers are expected to be swapped over but,in the meantime, our service users have been left in limbo. As have we volunteers. I'm so bored I might have to start doing housework.
Good morning from mid Essex. It’s getting light, with a clear sky, another warm day is forecast, but the last for this year I think! Normal service resumes overnight and tomorrow with rain in the forecast.
I had my flu jab yesterday, not the best experience I’ve ever had, and I had a sore arm and shoulder all day. I think the pharmacist actually did the injection too close to the shoulder joint! I hope someone else will do the Covid jab on Thursday!
A good journey for you yesterday ash, enjoy your stay in France. I hope the cat soon forgives you for leaving him in the cattery!
I hope all medical appointments go well and that those in pain or worried find some relief today.
Have the best day you can everyone.
Good afternoon from Glasgow, where it is 10°C and cloudy.
Gosh, so many early posts and the earliest start, I can remember.
I love the photo, Marzipan♥️
Baubles, I am glad, you got through it,
Yesterday afternoon, I tried to sleep off a dreadful headache, to no avail.
The headaches and nauseous feeling are constant now;I eventually had to go to bed.
My heart was also causing me some angst.
However, I am afraid to use my spray, after the episode, when I collapsed in town, when using it.
My health seems to be deteriorating fast and my life, becoming more restricted.
Dolly will be here soon, so I must dash.
Have a pleasant day, all.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.