Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 2nd October 2026

(67 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 02-Oct-26 05:03:29

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in Brackley .
Up to my usual routine with a bus trip into Bicester , shop, chat to those I know.
The result of Urine sample was clear , next stage a MRI scan sometime in coming weeks .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:17:02

Congratulations dragonfly on your PB win! What a windfall to enjoy!

Thinking of stilllearning
I hope the stronger magnifier has helped and that health wise things are getting on the right track.

Poppy68 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:13:11

My first morning here and it's lovely to find such an active forum.
Good Morning 🌄 everyone. 🙏
I'm in Devon and it's a still, sun peaking through kinda morning.
I'm off sailing with the Disabled Sailing Association today. I'm very grateful for their volunteers that make this possible.

EkwaNimitee Fri 02-Oct-26 08:09:15

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright and dry Carlisle.
Yesterday was a morning of catch up on household jobs until my mid-morning Tesco delivery. The driver was not on his favourite round...solely in the city constantly stopping and hauling stuff out. He prefers the country runs, even up to Alston in the winter.
I just relaxed in the afternoon apart from a look through my clothing stuff. The only things I fished out for disposal were 2 or 3 scarves!
Today it's out to Sainsbury's where I need to pick up something from the Argos outlet. Whilst I'm there, I'll get one or two things Tesco doesn't stock plus the last minute items I forgot to progress through my Tesco order the night before delivery. I added them but didn't proceed!
I'm probably going to top up my fuel tank. I'm really glad I got rid of my big thirsty diesel car some years ago.
This afternoon, nothing planned except I'll continue to review more drawers of clothing. I've things for every possible situation some of which don't often come up.

I'm due my flu jab tomorrow and they'll probably also offer the covid one too. I was in doubt about combining the two as being too challenging for my body at the moment. Now I've seen your post Ashcombe, I shall put the covid one off for a week or two. I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day all of you if possible.

Gagagran Fri 02-Oct-26 08:03:22

Good Morning everyone from the central south coast where the sun is now out and dispersing the clouds we had at first light. It is definitely a bit cooler but very pleasant.

Well, yesterday went well apart from a health incident for me later on when my innards played up with no warning.
The stair lift fitter turned up as promised and it was lovely to talk with someone who has the same West Yorkshire accent as we still do after 23 years away from home turf! He was so kind and helpful and the whole experience from the initial telephone enquiry has been easy and efficient. I would heartily recommend the company we used ( based in our old neck of the woods) It took 4 hours and is already proving so much easier for me on the stairs. And definitely safer!

Today the plumber is due anytime soon to fit the new hot water pump. Then Tesco are due to deliver between 9 and 10am. I knew this week was going to be busy and it certainly has been but the weekend should be more relaxed.- hopefully.

Always good to read of everyone's "doings" and the chance to send best wishes to all posters and especially those in need of some positive vibes! Herewith supplied!

ginny Fri 02-Oct-26 07:59:26

Good morning. Sunny start again here in N.Bucks, long may it last.
My foot is easier this morning, more very achy than painful which is hopefully a good sign.Had a blood test yesterday following on from my GP appointment and now they are getting me an emergency scan for blood clots as we flew on Monday and want to rule that out. I’m not sure how quick emergency will be.
Bits and bobs to do at home and then I am meeting DD3 for lunch unless the appointment comes for that time.. Of course that would be Sods Law.
A cake to make later and a pie to make make for tomorrow and hopefully some art work somewhere along the way. Wishing all a good day with a smile along the e.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 02-Oct-26 07:56:49

💐for you HelterSkelter tackling the ongoing sadmin. It takes a while I was a full 3 months before all was done.

Gingster would the occasional taxi help you to navigate your days a bit easier? For instance the trip to the charity shop then perhaps a bus home? Just a thought. I feel for you with all you have on your plate and also for your poor dear husband. It can’t be easy for him since his stroke, watching this hive of industry knowing he’s of no help to you. Hard times for sure.

grandMattie Fri 02-Oct-26 07:52:08

madeleine, an “empty” is a day when I have no commitments involving others…. Like today! X

Redcar Fri 02-Oct-26 07:48:10

Good morning everyone from mid Essex, it’s another dry sunny morning with a dry warm day to come.lots of posts to read this morning, so I’ll come back later to read them properly.
mick I hope you don’t have to wait too long for your scan, and gelisa I hope your DH doesn’t have to wait too long for the referral to come through.

gingster, I hope the carpet fitting goes well today and that you can get all the furniture etc back in the room later. Good that your DS’s are able to help you.

Have as good a day as is possible everyone.

Liberty Fri 02-Oct-26 07:44:30

Good morning and a lovely start to the day here in Suffolk. Very shortly I’ll be following DH in his car which is going to our excellent local garage for a service so I can bring him home.

The garage always offers a courtesy car but he has no plans to go out today apart for the usual dog walk and it always seems a bit thoughtless to use one of their limited pool of cars when we have 2 and can ferry the other around.

I’m meeting a friend for coffee later and we’ve already chosen a cafe with a garden.

Hope all have a sunshine filled day. I haven’t read any posts yet so hope this isn’t optimistic if any are experiencing wet and cold.

harrigran Fri 02-Oct-26 07:43:22

Good morning from a dry NE where it is 11° with a forecast of 17° this afternoon.
Today I am going out for lunch with my friend, her DH drops us off so that she can have a drink.
When I return home I will need to sort my clothes for tomorrow, I am going to a lunchtime birthday party.
Have a good day.

karmalady Fri 02-Oct-26 07:37:46

Gelisa another worrying time for you both flowers

BlueSapphire Fri 02-Oct-26 07:35:05

Good morning everyone from a fine dry Northampton, more of the same today with temperatures reaching 20°C.
Up earlier as I have a flu jab booked at the pharmacy for this morning.

Another warm day yesterday and my washing dried beautifully on the line. Sainsburys delivered at lunchtime, had everything except the particular red wine I ordered.
Enjoyed Traitors last night!

After my flu jab I aim to walk to our local shopping precinct, it's only 10/15 minutes; may have a look in the library, then have a coffee in the little cafe we go to on Mondays after yoga. Then will pick a bottle of red wine in Tescos before getting a bus home.

Home for lunch, and later will make a keema curry for dinner tonight.

Wishing all a pleasant Friday.

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 07:34:01

Sorry for the typos!

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 07:32:49

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 13°C, with rain forecast.

I am up earlier than usual, because I have a double GP appointment first thing.
I feel dreadful, DH has thrashed about most of the night, including kicking my painful knee🤬
I had gone to bed very early, because I had a dizzy and buses spell, having overdone things yesterday.

"Novella alert.*

DH and I decided to take the train to the Suuth Side for our anniversary lunch. It is only a fifteen minute journey, but it takes thirty minutes for me to walk to the station, due to my pain.
Consequently, we went over the field to the station. Big mistake!! It was a quagmire.Squelch, squelch! Our feet were covered in mud. Grr.

I was taking picture clues for DD, to work out, where we were going. She guess right away from a picture of a bush at our destination station. 🤣

The reason, I had wanted to go to the Southside was to visit the world food warehouse. We cleared the shelves of rose turkish delight. I needed some for gifts and of courseone for myself.
Poor DH could hardly carry the bag
I had a wander around the charity shop and came out of one, with a brand new fur jacket. The assistant asked if I happened to .I've that colour.
I was dressed head to toe ( apart from my trainers) in shades of aquamarine.
DH just rolled his eyes.

The best bit is stl to come, but I need to be out for 8am and the gas engineer is due also.
I shall be back later.
I am still laughing at what happened next.

Enjoy your day.x

Jaxjacky Fri 02-Oct-26 07:29:22

Morning from a cloudy S Hants, I slept well, what a difference that makes.
Yesterday was an ‘off’ day on the teeth front I’m hoping for an improvement today. My daughter called in early evening as grandson was at football training locally.
Sorry to hear that Gelisa I hope the appointment is swift.
Pleased Iris was happy gMattie she has a lot going on at a tricky age.
No real plans today, bedding to be washed, hope the sun comes out.
🦩 🦩

Gracey Fri 02-Oct-26 07:27:40

Good morning all from Warwickshire. The house feels a bit chilly but I am not putting the heating on just yet. The fire in the sitting room warms the place up quickly.
Not quite sure what the day will bring. It's going to be a go-with-the-flow day I think. I have lots of little jobs to do but not much inclination to do them. Once I get started I hope I'll get some momentum going. I do intend to give myself a pedicure after my shower this morning.
Mr G has just brought me a mug of tea and suggested we use our bus passes and go to Warwick for a pub lunch. I'm game! That will be a nice bus ride and whenever we are there we usually walk in the park alongside the River Avon so some gentle exercise too. Memories too of going there with a picnic with the children when they were young. Doesn't seem that long ago in my head, but decades have passed and as has been mentioned, time seems to fly by.
Happy Friday all. Hope you have as good a day as possible.

HelterSkelter1 Fri 02-Oct-26 07:27:00

Good morning from a chilly N Surrey. When I made a cup of tea at 6.00 there was a very bright moon and sparkling stars. The air was very fresh.
A quiet day today after a busy week. A welcome day during which I will be sorting some more "sadmin". A few things have been ticked off and filed away.
Another perfect Autumn day yesterday and another today I hope.
Good day to all

Ashcombe Fri 02-Oct-26 07:23:55

Good morning from a dry but cloudy Torbay.

I’ve cancelled my cleaner who was due today because I’m feeling wiped out from having both vaccinations yesterday (Covid and influenza)

A quiet day would be welcome.

🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

RosesandLilac Fri 02-Oct-26 07:21:31

Good morning from the hillside in south Glos, it’s dry and a cool 8° here, sunshine promised for later.
I did a bit of gardening yesterday followed by an hour of sorting out my wardrobe (dear lord I have a ridiculous amount of clothes) and then I sort of did nothing because I felt most odd! No idea what was going on, but I went to bed late afternoon and slept reasonably well.
I do seem to have a cold this morning so perhaps that was why? Goodness knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ Anyway, little happening today, I’ll have some hot lemon and honey and coddle myself with a book for the morning and hope it goes quickly.
More wardrobe sorting to do sometime. Anglo Collection is booked for next midweek so I have a deadline.
Best wishes to all x
🌹

dragonfly46 Fri 02-Oct-26 07:14:52

Good morning from a brightening Leicestershire.

We are off to Bakewell today to meet up with DH’s sister and her DH. They live in the Hope Valley.

I am feeling flush because I have just won £650 on the Premium Bonds.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Georgesgran Fri 02-Oct-26 07:13:37

Good Morning from Durham. Barely light, but a windy day is forecast, making it feel cooler than it actually is. .
Car serviced and a bill under £400 - I’ve had the car nearly 3 years and am still surprised by the reasonable costs - I’ve had some exotic cars with bills to match!
DD2 and I have our nail appointments early afternoon, then I’ll do a couple of jobs in her garden - forgot my secateurs on Tuesday - and hopefully end up in Newcastle for a bit of a wander. I haven’t been in since before the school summer holidays.

Best wishes to all. X

Gingster Fri 02-Oct-26 07:10:42

Good morning all from Essex where we still have no rain and still have a hose pipe ban.

Yesterday I shopped with DIL and we use the scanner and pack as we go round as it’s so much quicker at the checkout. I had a lot of shopping and the assistant spot-checked my trolley. She had to check 12 items.

I wasn’t worried as I’m conscious of clicking every time I put something in the bags, but felt a bit concerned, as my mind can wander.! 🤯. All was well ! 🙏.

I got a phone call from the carpet shop to say they can fit the other bedroom carpet today. Oh my! Just got one room sorted and now action stations to clear the other one where Dh is rather a hoarder. 🥵.
DS1 came in after work, poor chap, to help me put stuff in the loft and move things into the one and only other bedroom.

Dd will come in this morning to help clear DH’s clothes from drawers and wardrobes so the fitters can move them easier,

The upstairs looks like we’re moving house.
In the meantime we have the electrician coming to isolate the conservatory electrics in prep for the roof replacement next week. Goodness me! Dh no help at all! 😥.

On Sunday ds1 will come round to help me clear out the conservatory. Where everything is going to go , who knows.

After all the clearing of our seaside cottage, I might consider a new career! (NOT).
It’s all very well having these things done but a lot of hard work.

I must try to get to the surgery as my glaucoma eye drops have run out and my prescription hasn’t arrived at the pharmacy. I’ve tried phoning but it’s hopeless!

This having no car lark can be a nuisance.
I need to take a lot of DH’s clothes to the charity shop but will have to wait for DS to fill his car up. I can’t keep expecting to take up his precious time! It’s not fair.
I might ask ds2 to come down for the day to give a hand. He’s very willing but very busy also.
I’m very lucky my offspring are so helpful but hate to take advantage.
Sorry for rambling on.

Take care all. 🌻

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 02-Oct-26 07:10:35

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where its raining and will continue to be similar all day with a high of 17°C.

L’il Miss will be here soon (childminder issue) so I shall once again have the pleasure of her company, here for an hour then a walk to school. I will treat myself to a coffee in the square after my grandmotherly duty is done.

No plans for the rest of my day until 6pm when I’m going to meet my neighbour for a glass of Sancerre in a wine bar round the corner then cross over the road for a curry. Nice.

brook2704 Fri 02-Oct-26 07:09:42

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just getting light and looks dry
Hope your DH gets his appointment quickly Gelisa it must be a worrying time for you all
A volunteering session again this morning and then home for a quick rest before going out with pals this evening. It’s been a busy week so I’m looking forward to a much quieter weekend. We started watching Traitors last night, great TV!
Lovely pictures latedecember thank you
Hope everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐

Grandmabatty Fri 02-Oct-26 07:07:08

Kitty my phone was exactly the same