Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 27th September 2026

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 27-Sept-26 04:57:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley at the moment.
My day will be spent in the building where I live , doing housework , and later watch the elite men's World Championship from Montreal on TV .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Sun 27-Sept-26 08:08:18

Good morning all from a rainy Glasgow, where it is 13°C.

Another awful night, with disturbing dreams. I am becoming afraid to go to sleep!

Lovely arrangement GM, however it is concerning that you are so fatigued. 💐

Thank goodness the Vigil Mass wasn't too busy, due to the September weekend.
My dear friend was there and we had a long chat. ♥️
She saw that I couldn't get down from that altar and came to help me. She also offered to help me tidy up. She is 81! 🤣

I have to go to church today to do PVG applications, otherwise I would have cooried down at home.
I am swithering, whether to wear that damned plate or not, I still have an unhealed patch of gum after nearly five weeks, which bleeds, when I try to remove it.
It is a matter of vanity, I cannot face my public without my front tooth.😉

Baubles, we lost our curate in the annual moves. Our P.P is already struggling. Some of our weekday masses have been dropped and we also have seven funerals in the next few weeks. It is going to be very difficult.
I hope you are feeling a little better. ♥️

Luluaugust, I was sorry to read, that you were taking a break. I look forward to your return. Take care.💐

Have a lovely Sunday all and love to my fellow mountaineers.

Marzipan22 Sun 27-Sept-26 08:09:11

Good morning from within my Dry Robe and on my patio in Cornwall under a lowering sky full of atmosphere but no rain unfortunately.

Ended up on a north coast beach yesterday, having had fun hopping on the next bus wherever I ended up. It's only a small cove but there were surfers galore and families with beach tents, older couples on benches and chatty people at the bus stop. A lovely atmosphere.

My two buses home took me via the hospital where a very drunk man tried to talk his way on without paying. The young driver dealt marvellously with him, very calm and polite.

Today I'll bus over to church and then mid afternoon I'm meeting my youngest son for a roast at a pub down the road from my flat. Neither of us has had a roast for ages so we're looking forward to it!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 27-Sept-26 08:12:22

Good morning 🙋‍♀️ I cannot remember the last time I slept this late.

DD and her boys are coming for a late Sunday lunch (more like dinner as it will be around 6-7pm) The 11yr old has a football match, so we have to work round that.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday 🙋‍♀️

(Will read your news with TIB 🫖

latedecember1963 Sun 27-Sept-26 08:21:03

Good morning everyone from Lancashire.

Gorgeous display, GrandMattie! 😍

Madeleine, could you book an Uber? My DD uses Uber when needed as she doesn't drive. They tell you the cost upfront so no nasty surprise at the end of your journey. They also tell you the car registration and name the driver for extra security.

Watched Strictly last night and really enjoyed it. It's part of our countdown to the December festivities.

Wishing Luluagust well and hope you can come back when life settles.

Wishing you all the best day possible.
Take care. 🌻

EkwaNimitee Sun 27-Sept-26 08:23:34

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey but dry Carlisle.
There was a red sky at dawn, I think that the shepherd's warning will be true for although the forecast is for a pleasant, breezy day, there is a gale warning for Tuesday.
I've been for an early walk in the park, just a few dog walkers about and a lot of mallards plus the swan family which has successfully reared 7 out of the original 8 cygnets.

Today I just plan to read the papers and potter about at nothing much except that I think I will put a load in the washing machine.
No gardening, I was out there yesterday, digging out a very over vigorous eryngium which was crowding out other things.

I wish you all a pleasant Sunday.

BlueSapphire Sun 27-Sept-26 08:28:00

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton, showers forecast this afternoon.

Another day indoors beckons; I should have been going to see Sense and Sensibility with a friend this afternoon, but as I am still full of cough and cold have decided I'm not well enough, and have forwarded her the tickets. I was so looking forward to it.

Yesterday was lovely and sunny so decided to wash the towels.
DS messaged to say did I want anything at the shops as he was just off to do their weekly shop so I gave him a little list.
When he arrived with my shopping he very kindly did a couple of jobs for me involving heavy lifting, something not advised after cataract surgery.

The rest of the day was spent watching rugby on tv and reading the Saturday newspaper.

Wishing all a pleasant Sunday.

brook2704 Sun 27-Sept-26 08:29:50

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with light grey clouds
We’ll be off out somewhere this morning as to add to the problem of no internet we’ve not got any water this morning either! Something about a burst water main nearby, I hope it’s fixed soon, fingers crossed. Luckily I decided to have a shower and hair wash last night before bed so I reasonably clean - Dh not so much 😂
Have a lovely holiday nannyjan and safe travels
Hope everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐

Georgesgran Sun 27-Sept-26 08:33:38

Good Morning from a cool, grey Durham,

Annoyed that I’ve lost my post, just as I was finishing it off!

Best wishes to all. X

Gelisa Sun 27-Sept-26 08:34:01

Good morning from Morecambe bay where Bay. It’s dry cool and cloudy with an Autumnal dew here.
Not much happening here which has allowed me to think too much about DS2 and his problems and DH’s leg problems which in turn has raised my anxiety levels and left me feeling really down and overwhelmed as I seem to be responsible for everything at the moment. Getting older is definitely no laughing matter.
We have a delivery of gravel coming tomorrow but I haven’t been able to face clearing the weeds from the path where it is going. I must get out there and get that done and not be distracted by the million other things that need doing. I’m sure I’ll actually feel better when it’s done. Then I’ll tackle other things a bit at a time instead of flitting from one thing to another getting nothing done.
However my problems fall into insignificance when I read the trials of others on this thread. I wish I lived nearer Madeleine . I’d happily drive you to your appointment. I did wonder about you getting a taxi, but of course that’s the expense to think about. Don’t worry too much about the quickness of the appointment. DH’s scan came through the next day for the following Monday thus messing up our holiday plans. I think the NHS is getting new referrals done quickly so as not to add numbers to waiting lists. Hopefully getting them down from the other end too!
I need to move. CDog is looking at me.
Take care 🌸

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 27-Sept-26 08:46:38

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s raining lightly but steadily. 19°C is our top temperature today according to Alexa tells me it’s .

L’il Miss will be here in an hour as the Boy Wonder has A football match and both parents like to go and watch when they can.

We will nip into Greggs at noon to buy the children's favourite beige food FT’d take home fo lunch (their mum called it that years ago and it’s stuck - as has their love of it as an occasional treat).

I have nothing of note in my fridge so when L’il Miss gets in their car I shall nip into my larder to choose something for my dinner.

I’ve got TiB at present so will enjoy it now and read all your posts, hoping Sunday is being kind to all with health concerns.

Liberty Sun 27-Sept-26 08:51:24

A late good morning from sunny Suffolk. I started with a cold a couple of days agp and can’t remember the last time I had one. I felt very tired last night and went to bed earlier than usual and slept till about 30 mins ago. I can’t remember the last time I slept so late.

Luckily we have no fixed plans today so will just potter knowing that next week is a busy one.

I’ll read your posts now with my second cuppa which DH is making and wish you all a pleasant and restorative Sunday.

monk08 Sun 27-Sept-26 08:52:57

Good morning all from the Black country.
Late up this morning so haven't read through yet will catch up with everybody's happenings later.
Nothing planned for today other than roast pork later.
grangMattie your harvest display is lovely.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Have a good day everyone.😎

Jaxjacky Sun 27-Sept-26 08:55:42

Morning from a cloudy S Hants, some rain due later apparently.
That picture brings back memories Gmattie our local church has a similar display put together by the gardening club from another village.
Cleaned out some kitchen cupboards yesterday, the pepper grinder seems to grind without human interaction in there.
MrJ played a bowls match which they won.
Jeans to return and bra’s to pick up from M&S today, chicken for dinner.
Thankyou for kind words yesterday.
🦩🦩

Grammaretto Sun 27-Sept-26 09:22:19

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Dry at present.

I was up past midnight sifting through a lifetime of photos to try to stuff what's left into a box for under a bed thus emptying a huge 4 drawer mahogany chest.

DD will come today with DSiL and a trailer to take anything of hers she still wants to salvage. My boys are too far away at least that's what they say
This downsizing lark is really hard work.

My friends came yesterday and took away a couple of bookcases. Other people are coming tomorrow but say I should get a skip. I may.

My advice is to do a final house move while you are still a couple or young enough to take it in your stride.

Well done to those of you who obviously have! ☺️

Beautiful autumn harvest gMattie.

Glad the tooth pain has passed Karma

Enjoy this last Sunday in September everyone, as best you can.

HelterSkelter1 Sun 27-Sept-26 09:27:06

Another sunny morning in Surrey. But every morning now is a little cooler and darker later. Unusually for me I went back to sleep till 8.45 having woken at 4.30.

A quiet day today in the garden cracking on with pot tidying. I noticed with surprise this morning that the leaves on the 2 large horsechestnuts are not brown and shrivelled by the grubs of the leaf miner moth. Usually by now they are curled and pretty dead. I wonder if the heat this summer was too hot for the moths to lay their eggs or the heat killed off the grubs. I shall have to google the question and see if Mr or Mrs AI has the answer. It hasn't happened for the last 20 plus years.

Madeleine why dont you decide now to ring and postpone the appt. Tell them the letter came too late and that you need more time to arrange transport. Then the worry wont keep you awake tonight. Tomorrow you can also check out the cost of a taxi or ring round friends and see who can help and on which days. They may be able to make a new appt on the phone or ring you back with one so you dont have to wait for a letter.

With the NHS app I can read my hospital letters on line and get a mobile text to say one is there to read as well as a paper copy...which often arrives a bit late. But my hospital is not vrry far away.

Hope you can sort something out.
Enjoy Sunday everyone.

HelterSkelter1 Sun 27-Sept-26 09:28:57

Of course I mean for Madeleine to ring the hospital tomorrow not today.

Liberty Sun 27-Sept-26 10:01:04

Madeleine,following on from HelterSkelter1’s helpful post,can. I just add that I know from 2 SinL’s ,both consultants in different parts of the country,that hospitals now prioritise offering appts as soon as possible to those they see as elderly…I think this is those over 75.

Perhaps this is why your appt has come so soon after your optician’s visit and nothing more significant than that.

Hope it is sorted out without causing you more stress.

Ashcombe Sun 27-Sept-26 10:34:10

Good morning from a showery Crewe.

I’m late to post because the internet is flaky at the hotel but now I’m at my DD2’s. DH has gone to Stafford for a a major model railway exhibition at the showground. Yesterday we enjoyed an open day at Crewe Heritage Centre with exhibitions and entertainment from the Second World War.

Today I shall enjoy time with family, especially the grandchildren who are growing up fast. DGS2 has just begun A level courses in History, Criminology and PE. DGD is nearly 14 and attends dancing lessons in many disciplines in every spare moment, either to be taught or to assist the teacher.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday, especially those with worries or in pain.

🦩💐✝️🥰🦩

hollysteers Sun 27-Sept-26 11:01:13

Lovely arrangement Grandmattie Well done👍

Usedtobeblonde Sun 27-Sept-26 11:17:42

A very late Good Morning from Stockport.
A combination of factors, I was still awake to read the first three posts having woken about 3am and then dozed off to be woken by my D who was on the way to her S’s partner who was in terrible abdominal pain and had rung 111 and told to ring an ambulance, then told it would be about 3 hours wait.
My Gs is at work today and of course it’s Sod’s Law that it is his last day before he leaves for another job.
If my D gets there first she will drive R to hospital.
All very disquieting for me.

Yesterday was a beautiful day and my GD came to take me out for coffee which was lovely, we called in M&S and I bought a Moussaka which I really enjoyed.

It has just started raining here I know some of you long for rain but sadly I can’t send it to you.

I can never remember what I have read so to the unwell and their carers I send best wishes and hope that most of you can enjoy Sunday.

Harris27 Sun 27-Sept-26 11:25:58

Lovely arrangement grandmattie brings back lots of memories if harvest festival especially at school. Not so good today as chest is bad was surprised to get a quick appointment Friday and saw a lovely nurse who said it was time for overhaul of meds but first need to get back up and running. So to speak. Keeping it easy today waiting for steroids to kick in.hope everyone has a good day.

Usedtobeblonde Sun 27-Sept-26 11:55:21

I think my favourite Harvest Hymn is “ Come ye thankful people, come” it will be my ear worm all day now.

grandMattie Sun 27-Sept-26 17:42:32

We had that, utbb, as well as “we plough the fields”.
Sadly we finished with some ghastly infantile song! I so dislike them….

madeleine45 Sun 27-Sept-26 21:28:53

just a quick add on. Enjoyed a very pleasant Harvest festival, but despite various efforts have now, had to decide on going on the train to the hospital. As they are doing some work locally, I dont even know if the flipping lift is working . However I am determined to get there in time, and doesnt matter what happens on the way back. So just have to hope that things will go ok, but once I have had the actual appointment I shall definitely be speaking to their appointment people!! Ah well perhaps it is better to be worrying about getting there than what is likely to happen in the actual appointment. Let you know when I get back

GrandmaC47 Sun 27-Sept-26 21:32:11

Madeleine, good luck tomorrow. Is it JC you’re going too?