Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 25th September 2026

(44 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 25-Sept-26 04:57:58

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but a dry start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Blood Test went OK yesterday, got there early ,and got done straight away so I was able to get the next bus home .
Today , usual trip to Bicester , hopefully see people I know to chat to , return home and go to the Chippy before I settle down to watch more cycling on TV .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Blossoming Fri 25-Sept-26 11:24:27

Good morning everyone from overcast Lancashire.

MrB and I have been for a walk down to the dock gates. The gates are open, so no footbridge today. We saw this beautiful pyracanth, a welcome burst of colour on an otherwise dull day.

Wishing you all a good day whatever you’re doing. 🌹

Georgesgran Fri 25-Sept-26 10:13:37

Good morning from a bright, but grey Durham. I didn’t get much done yesterday, but there’s a mountain of ironing to tackle after 5 loads of DD2’s laundry. I fell asleep at 4pm for 2 hours, which is very unlike me - horrified!
I really need to go ‘somewhere’. Although I meet friends for coffee several days a week it’s always just local and I feel in a rut, going into Autumn. Unfortunately house jobs are rearing their heads and the roofer is booked, but an electrician is proving elusive.

Best wishes to all. X

glammagran Fri 25-Sept-26 10:10:47

BlueSapphire

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton, another fine day forecast.

Very little to report here, as I have not been anywhere or done much! Feeling better, but still coughing. I am ok as long as I don't get that annoying tickle in my throat.
glammagran Covid did cross my mind, but I have no test kits here at home. I may look into getting a couple next time I am at the shops.

Managed to get two loads of washing done yesterday, all dried nicely on the line. I am reluctant to do the seasonal swap of clothes as I go on a Mediterranean cruise in three weeks.

Should be going to a rugby match tonight; it's the first premiership game of the season for Northampton Saints, at home to Newcastle, but don't yet feel up to it, and I don't want to spread my germs, so I shall watch from my armchair. A pity as the atmosphere on Friday nights is electric! DD and her DH won't be there either as they are still on holiday.

Not read any posts yet; hope all is well, and wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Hi - I paid £3.99 for a box of 5 from Amazon with next day delivery. But I think you are only positive for a few days after symptoms start.

We may try to get in a short walk found Bowood later as we’ve been rather housebound this week.

Grammaretto Fri 25-Sept-26 09:59:06

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's dry.

I've called off work (my volunteer job) as I am expecting another removals quote mid morning and also my back is killing me despite icepack, drugs and my weekly sessions with the chiropractor.
This moving business is harder than anyone warns you. Especially downsizing.

Yesterday my friends and I sorted through more books to go. I wish your book person would come here Bellasnanna
I do have a nice strong Amanda Madeleine who can lift things with ease

I'm so glad your feet have recovered well Marzipan but oh dear the tooth removal is still worrying Karma

Exciting to be a DGM soon Walthamstowe

You wouldn't like some vintage toys by any chance 😀

Have the best day possible everyone.

Redcar Fri 25-Sept-26 09:10:49

I’ve had a chance to read more of your posts now.
grandmattie poor Iris, she has a lot to put up with and no wonder she is unhappy sometimes.
madeleine what a satisfying day for you, excellent that your plans for yesterday worked so well!
lulu I hope that someone can come and release your car from it’s prison soon.
gingster I hope that some of your worries and concerns are easing a little today.

Jaxjacky Fri 25-Sept-26 09:06:07

Morning from S Hants, it was cloudy, sunny, now as the washing is out, cloudy again!
A lovely day yesterday, over four hours with my brother and SIL, they came for lunch, then my daughter called in later as grandson was at football training.
Another one here with health anxiety, I had two lower molar extractions scheduled for next week, I’m now rapidly going off the idea and will mull over my options. I’ve had an upper one extracted before, that was simple.
Have a good day all
🦩🦩

Ziplok Fri 25-Sept-26 08:48:15

Good morning
A bit cloudy here now, but still dry.
A pottering day planned here after a rather busy one yesterday.
I hope everyone has a good day.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 25-Sept-26 08:45:58

Sorry to hear you are suffering Sar53 and that it’s put the scuppers on your boating (? yachting) weekend. I hope the pain eases soon. Maybe you’ve twigged a nerve & it might ease as the day goes on. 🤞

Liberty Fri 25-Sept-26 08:31:37

Good morning from another sunny Suffolk which we are going to make the most of. We plan to go to Dunwich with the little dog for a walk on the beach and a fish and chip lunch in the beach cafe there…..Gingster knows it well.

I have a hair appt mid afternoon which fits in well with our visit to the beach.

I woke in the night with the beginnings of a cold which I hope will disappear as quickly as it came. Our neighbour who is struggling with various difficulties popped down earlier in the week with a query about his new mobile phone. He wouldn’t come in as he said he had a cold. I said I would pop up later to try and sort his phone out( I know very little about technology!) but did so,spending about an hour with him as he loves to chat. It’s his cold I’ve got I suppose.

I haven’t yet read your posts but will do so with my second cuppa and hope all is well with all and those with worries and/ or ill health have a good day.

BlueSapphire Fri 25-Sept-26 08:25:47

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton, another fine day forecast.

Very little to report here, as I have not been anywhere or done much! Feeling better, but still coughing. I am ok as long as I don't get that annoying tickle in my throat.
glammagran Covid did cross my mind, but I have no test kits here at home. I may look into getting a couple next time I am at the shops.

Managed to get two loads of washing done yesterday, all dried nicely on the line. I am reluctant to do the seasonal swap of clothes as I go on a Mediterranean cruise in three weeks.

Should be going to a rugby match tonight; it's the first premiership game of the season for Northampton Saints, at home to Newcastle, but don't yet feel up to it, and I don't want to spread my germs, so I shall watch from my armchair. A pity as the atmosphere on Friday nights is electric! DD and her DH won't be there either as they are still on holiday.

Not read any posts yet; hope all is well, and wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 25-Sept-26 08:25:42

Morning all from a blue sky West Oxfordshire. It feels warm and rain isn’t forecast.

I am setting off shortly to our nearby town. It is the Arts Society lecture (on Jazz so OH isn’t coming!) I will have breakfast in town. If I arrive later there is no parking left!

Book Group was fun yesterday. We talked about short stories - only two or three of us liked them. I talked about Alice Monroe, P D James and W S Maugham.

When I get back home today I have laundry and ironing.

I counted up how many more squares I need to hand quilt - 105 out of 195 left!

Have a good day everyone, especially those of you with worries and troubles.

Susan56 Fri 25-Sept-26 08:19:22

Good morning from Shropshire.Dry at the moment but rain forecast for most of the day.

I am going to Costco with DD today to get food for DGS2’s 7th birthday party tomorrow.We will then collect his birthday cake.

Good to hear you had such a positive day madeleine, hoping Marydoll had a better day too.

Poor Iris has such a lot to contend with😢

Thinking of all with illness and worry and wishing everyone the best day possible🌻🦩

EkwaNimitee Fri 25-Sept-26 08:16:32

You are so right about dry socket pain karma, need opiate level painkillers which of course aren't available to us. Fingers crossed for you.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 25-Sept-26 08:14:13

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s mild enough but we have white cloud cover. I can’t see the Pennines over yonder this morning.

I’ve booked a taxi for this morning to accompany my stepfather to a hospital in the city centre for a day case procedure. We’ve been told to expect to stay for most of the day. I will read my kindle - which as a relative newbie to a smartphone, I only recently ascertained I can load my Kindle app onto it! Saves carrying both devices. 😊

EkwaNimitee Fri 25-Sept-26 08:13:43

Good morning Mick and everyone from a rather grey-looking Carlisle. Not so chilly though.
Yesterday, I did the ironing and then pootled around at this and that. After lunch I gritted my teeth and went out front to plant crocuses in the lawn. It's not easy but I got half of them in, the rest will not be today!

I probably got enough sleep last night but it was broken and I had some weird dreams.
I got up feeling fine but now pain is creeping back into my neck and back muscles and starting to trigger a migrainous headache. Yesterday I was forced to resort to paracetamol. It's been going on since Sunday and I don't know what's triggered it. I don't think it's related to my polymyalgia or steroid withdrawal. I'll give it till Monday before contacting the surgery though I don't know what they can do. My neck has been problematical on and off for decades....a whole lifetime of hunching over books and computers will be responsible I think.
Well, today it's into town to collect a prescription. I'm also going to get a new BP monitor. I was asked to supply readings but found the old one is being erratic. AI told me you should change them every 3-5 years, mine is at least 20 years old! I inherited it from DH who did have high BP.
I will then treat myself to coffee in Nero's, the best flat whites in town. Then home to reading and brain training and a restful evening after dinner...I think I'm going to be idle and get a ready meal from Marks.

Have a good one everybody!

Marydoll Fri 25-Sept-26 08:08:58

Good morning all from a raint Glasgow, where it is 12°C

I am so disappointed, because today's early heart and COPD review appointment was cancelled last night. This is the second time it has been cancelled, I am not pleased.
I had a smidgen of hope, that I would get some help, I should have known better.
I coughed non stop yesterday and my BP is now higher than DH's.😪
I had left picking up my prescriptions, thinking I could pick them up at my appointment, so I will still need to go to the surgery anyway.
It is up to me to make a new appointment.🤬
I will pop in to Morrison's on the way home for fish. Their fish counter is excellent.

What a disappointment. Glammagran 😪
The other grandparent sounds exactly like me. It's too risky.
When I caught Covid from Dollie, ( I had just stopped shielding), I ended up having to go into to hospital for anti viral medication.

Sar, what a shame about your shoulder. I hope it eases. 💐

Baubles I read about that water main. Apparently it caused chaos.

DS messaged last night and said they were going to pop in for lunch, because Babydoll wanted to see Gaga.♥️
I got her a pink fleecy coat months ago and will give it to her today.
I get such pleasure treating the girls, whether it's a Fry's peppermint creme, anything to do with Anime ( Dollie ) or sellotape, a pen and and sticky post its ( Babydoll ) I had to buy sticky notes the other day, I was doing parish admin, when I realised, they had all disappeared. 😊
The side of my desk is covered in sticky notes, with messages from Babydoll ♥️

I wish you all a pleasant and those, who are unwell have a bearable day. 💐

Melanie61 Fri 25-Sept-26 08:00:14

Greyduster. Waving back! smile

karmalady Fri 25-Sept-26 07:53:53

Good morning from s somerset

Excuse me not reading your posts yet, I need to eat my cool pappy breakfast first so I can get a painkiller down and will enjoy all the posts later today

Lower jaw molar extractions are different, bigger socket and dense jawbone. I know I`ll be going on a bit about my observations but am hoping they might help someone in future

Pain at extraction was nil, pain after extraction on day 1 was bearable with painkillers, pain on day 2 is rising and will peak day 2 or 3. Now I am on alternating painkillers and being sure to do nothing but rest. My food has to be soft and cool, no crunchy bits or seeds etc. No using a straw

This clot has to stay in place and I have crucial days now, up to the end of day 5 when it will be safer but not entirely. It is all to prevent dry socket which has a pain number of 10/10. This is because the clot has come away and that has a potential 5% chance in molar extraction

So pappy cool foods it is and lots of sleep I am pretty well zonked. Breakfast is porridge from ground jumbo oats and water plus a lightly scrambled egg and some ibuprofen

I would love a short walk, maybe this afternoon to the shops, I have a growing list and need supplies for this pappy lifestyle and a birthday card. My days start from 4.30 pm when the tooth came out and that puts my day 3 to start this afternoon

My recliner is invaluable, I got up at 3 and took more paracetamol and sat on my recliner with a blanket, waking up again 4 hours later

Knitting is good, something to do and youtube, watching a young Vietnamese girl making a living for herself by extremely hard work in a dangerous jungle, followed everywhere by her smart dogs and a goat, who carry packs of produce back with her. The girl carries an enormously heavy pack herself, full of yams or fish or snails, she works all day and has a very long walk, all for a pittance but she has a tranquil life and watching is mesmerising

www.youtube.com/@HaThiMuon-

luluaugust Fri 25-Sept-26 07:51:50

Good morning from a bright W Kent. The workmen have arrived with a tower to do various roof works. No luck yet with getting the car out of the garage so DGD2 is taking me to the supermarket later. I have an amazing number of steps on my phone🙂 mainly from walking to art yesterday, one of the members offered me a lift home which was lovely as it’s all up hill. DH then suggested a sandwich at the local tea shop as he has been stuck in.
Anyway better get dressed as workmen everywhere
Glad your feet are better Marzipan
Best wishes all round

brook2704 Fri 25-Sept-26 07:48:05

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry bright start to the day. It’s feeling colder too, I’ve held out for as long as possible but had to put the heating on last night 🥶
Oh my goodness Sar I hope your back pain subsides quickly
I’ve a busy day ahead with aerobics at the gym this morning and then a volunteering session most of this afternoon. We’ve still no internet, they’re saying Monday now so hope it’s no longer
Gingster 💐
Hoping everyone has the best day they can, take care all

Gingster Fri 25-Sept-26 07:44:31

Good morning all and it’s a bit overcast but I’m sure it will turn into another warm, sunny day. We don’t do rain here in the south.! We are having our conservatory roof replaced first week in October. What are the odds on that the rain will arrive then!

Yesterday the nurse arrived in good time and was very pleased with dh. 😳. His sugar levels were up a bit but not too bad, bp fine, cholesterol levels fine, answered all questions fine. He’s good at putting on a show.

Just heard friend who’s stuck on a Greek island with seriously ill Dh, is flying home on Sunday with a nurse. That’s the plan anyway.

Db is out of hospital looking like he’s done ten rounds with Mohammed Ali. I’ll pop to see him if I can get a lift.

I’m not sure about our Friday meetup with friends, I’ll see how Dh is when he stirs.

Oh Sar that sounds so painful. As GG says maybe a spasm that will ease.🤞.

Poor Iris 💐. It isn’t fair is it!

I hope your stomache pains ease Harrigran

Rosesandlilac that veg/fruit box sounds amazing! What a lovely selection.

Take care all 🌻

hollysteers Fri 25-Sept-26 07:43:24

Good morning from a wet northwest coast. After the hairdresser yesterday, I had a drive through our local ‘countryside’ (my hairdresser is twenty miles away, but suits me) with Classic FM on the radio.

I’m feeling better after my cold, but had a sharp spasm on the site of my abdominal hernia op’ eighteen months ago in the evening, pushed it in and had a lie down. I fear it may have failed, so will get in touch with the consultant 🙄

Long FaceTime with sister in the south and a catch up with the old Poldark series I never saw at the time completed the day.
Back to art this morning, then a photo for my passport renewal.
Thoughts to all poorlies🌺

latedecember1963 Fri 25-Sept-26 07:37:29

Good morning everyone from a just getting light Lancashire.
The nights are definitely getting longer. It was nearly dark by 7.15pm last night.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, Sar. No fun, especially when you had plans to be sailing.

Glad your feet have recovered, Marzipan. I like a Seasalt three quarter length sleeve top too. They make a good base layer when it's chilly so get lots of wear all year round.

I was sorry to read yesterday that several of you had sad or bad news or worries lurking in the background. It's hard when people we care about are going through difficult times.

Your GD sounds a brave soul, GrandMattie. Such a lot to deal with at a young age.

Yesterday's Child in Need meeting went well. We are almost at a point where we can be signed off from social services, but we don't want that to happen until we have a passport for the little chap.
There are extra layers of identity required because he's been a ward of the state and these are proving difficult to obtain. We are concerned that we wouldn't be able to get them independently.

No set plans for today. DH has gone into the office. I can hear an Iggle Piggle tune playing in the next room so I'll love you and leave you.

Wishing you all the best day possible, whatever it may bring. 🌻

WalthamstowinWaiting Fri 25-Sept-26 07:36:29

Gosh, you all start impressively early! Sorry to hear of the various woes; this getting older business isn't for wimps is it?

I have a full day of safeguarding training today (receiving it, rather than giving it) which could be dull but I have great colleagues at work so it should be fine. My dog comes to work with me so I shall have to use every break to dash to my office and take him for a quick amble.

My daughter is coming over tonight. She is still getting her head around being pregnant, so it could be an emotional evening!

Hope everyone has a good enough day, and that all aches and pains go away.

Redcar Fri 25-Sept-26 07:28:54

Good morning everyone from mid Essex. Another sunny morning and a warm day forecast again. After my walk yesterday I cleaned the kitchen and cut the grass in front of my and my next door neighbour’s gardens.
It took me ages to go to sleep last night, I’d been worried about DD2, who was stuck in London due to problems with the trains. She eventually got home at 10.30, tired and hungry.

sar I hope your shoulder improves quickly so that you are able to have your weekend on the boat.

rosesandlilac your veg box sounds amazing!

marzipan good that your feet are now fully recovered and you can resume your normal life! Enjoy your visit to your daughter in law.

Thinking of all who are struggling with life’s challenges and hoping that those challenges ease today.

Have the best Friday possible everyone.