Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 24th September 2026

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 24-Sept-26 04:58:21

Good Morning Everyone,,
Its dark but dry at the moment here in Brackley .
Todays plans a early bus to Bicester do the usual shop but also have a coffee and chat to those I know.
This afternoon I have a blood test for the enlarged prostrate , return home and watch Word cycling road racing from Montreal on TV .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Thu 24-Sept-26 10:53:38

One each side karma, thank you. I can’t take ibruprofen, it will be paracetomol, possibly with codeine for a day.

TheWeirdoAgain60 Thu 24-Sept-26 13:33:40

Good afternoon, Michael12 and all of you!

Michael12 - best of luck with the bloods.

It's very slow out today. At 1:30, I've had 4 visitors to the shop, but no sales yet, and there aren't many people out. But on Saturday the 19th, I had a whopping 107 visitors and 9 chonky sales!

I had another bad night with menopause monsters. About 2:48 a.m., I was sitting on the edge of the bed hugging a hot water bottle because I was freezing, but also sucking on ice cubes because I was boiling, so I was freezing hot and boiling cold!

Today I bought myself a bag of Rum Truffles to scoff tonight at home, and I'll wash them down with a can of Crumpton Oaks Cider!

Will watch YouTube - Dino Discovery - The Dinosaur With Giant Claws | Therizinosaurus Explained.

See you all later!

Usedtobeblonde Thu 24-Sept-26 13:57:35

Well in spite of my message the cleaners turned up, 3 of them today.
I just told them to get on with it, I hadn’t tidied as I would usually do but they were fine and got on with the job.
I shall see how they do .

Usedtobeblonde Thu 24-Sept-26 14:40:03

The cleaners are no more.
I have given them many chances but they are not satisfactory.
I must start the hunt again now.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 24-Sept-26 15:15:58

Good that you stood your ground utbb if you weren’t satisfied with the job.

karmalady Thu 24-Sept-26 16:45:14

Jaxjacky

One each side karma, thank you. I can’t take ibruprofen, it will be paracetomol, possibly with codeine for a day.

You should sort out a sleeping position prior to your extractions. It is not recommended to sleep on that side so you should sleep supported so you don`t roll over and the semi upright position is also the safe one

Paracetamol is fine, I am coping on that now, be aware that pain peaks around days 2- 3 and starts increasing after 24 hours, mine has just started increasing. You will also be told to do gentle salt washes after 24 hours, everything needs to be cool to stop the clot dissolving. I just roll the salt water in my mouth and open my mouth over the sink to release it

Something here, very important: don`t use a straw, the air pressure can cause the clot to be displaced.

Jaxjacky Thu 24-Sept-26 16:53:13

Thanks karma I’m still sleeping on my back from the hip incidents.

Marzipan22 Thu 24-Sept-26 18:09:35

I wasn't told about the sleeping position. No hot drinks was the hardest bit for me, I missed my cuppas for that first week.