Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 24th September 2026

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 24-Sept-26 04:58:21

Good Morning Everyone,,
Its dark but dry at the moment here in Brackley .
Todays plans a early bus to Bicester do the usual shop but also have a coffee and chat to those I know.
This afternoon I have a blood test for the enlarged prostrate , return home and watch Word cycling road racing from Montreal on TV .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Georgesgran Thu 24-Sept-26 08:10:05

Good Morning from a bright, still Durham. Cold overnight and needed a fleece blanket on my bed.
I’ve no plans today - disappointingly the gardeners came yesterday and I missed them - should’ve been coming today.

Pleased your tooth has gone Karma and that you are soon back to your usual self.

Best wishes to all. X

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:10:09

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where currently we have a sunny start. Rain is forecast later and a high of only 15°C.

After a busy day yesterday I have no plans so will potter and let the day unfold. I’m joining my neighbour for a cup of tea around 6pm I’m so grateful to have her in my life. She too was widowed only some 4 months ago and she is 80 next year and very pragmatic. Kind and we do have a laugh together which is good for us both really.

My sister’s husband is being cremated this morning. These things happen within a couple of days on the whole following a death in Spain.

monk08 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:11:33

Good morning all from the Black country.
Yesterday's toddlers was busy with only 2 helpers fortunately most of the mums are very good and helped with tidying up and craft.
Went to the local pharmacy for flu jab but they are not available until next week, although sign on the door tells you to walk in no appointments necessary.
We have a new community cafe opened so called in there for coffee and cake, will call again cakes delicious all homemade.
DGS2 is 8 today will video call him later.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans, will now make a cuppa 🍵 and catch up with everybody's happenings 😎.

Marydoll Thu 24-Sept-26 08:14:06

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 7°C.

Another dreadful night, so I have decided to stay in bed. DH is concerned, because I am not getting any better and seemed to have lost my usual zest for life. I am permanently exhausted.

Karma, I am so happy for you, you must be so relieved.

G.G, Your poor DGS. ♥️

Yesterday, my visit to my new hairdresser was a great success, She has managed to remove all signs of the dreadful haircut, from a few months ago. Now I can start growing it.

Last night DD kept sending old photos, which are stored on our NAS box. Ir means everyone can view family photos, when we are no longer here.
She sent a photo of our group of ten friends, with whom we used to go to various charity balls.
Two died a number of years ago and we stopped going. It just wasn't the same.
The Ebay Queen commented how young and happy we all looked, Now three of our husbands (including mine) are seriously ill. 😪
There was a photo of me, in our cul de sac at 2am, with our pilot friend, in full uniform, having just flown in from a long hall flight.
The only thing missing was his cap. I was wearing it! I do love a man in uniform. 😉

The Ebay Queen sent us videos of her new grandson, born yesterday afternoon.
A poignant, yet joyful time. Mr Ebay's transplant has failed and he is facing yet more gruelling treatment,
The baby's sister was born at the same time as Babydoll and was so sweet, when she asked, whose baby it was. ♥️
She is such a beautiful and gentle little lady, the exact opposite of my darling Babydoll, who at the age of three and a half, is wearing age five clothes and has the voice of a foghorn. 😊

I wish you all a pleasant day.

Marydoll Thu 24-Sept-26 08:16:49

Sending love and best wishes, Gingster.♥️

latedecember1963 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:22:36

Good morning everyone from Lancashire.

I'm so pleased about your removed tooth, Karma! What a kind dentist. Take it easy for a few days.

That's a pain about your car, Ashcombe, but at least you have a sparkling car.

Well done on the weightloss, Grandmabatty. I'm on medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol so I'm trying to lose weight too. It's a slow process!

Yesterday we had a fun time at Toddler Group. After the 1st couple of crowded weeks it's back to a more usual number of people attending.

In the afternoon we had a pushchair walk to a local park as the weather was too nice to be inside but our patio was being worked on.

I met someone with her 2 grandchildren and the children played nicely together for a little while. There's only a month between her grandson and mine. As I was walking back I thought I should have asked her if she would like to meet another time but I worry about putting people on the spot. Hopefully we'll see them again.

This afternoon we've got a Child in Need meeting. The little chap's social worker will attend here as she needs to see him in person monthly. His parents may attend via teams.

Wishing you all the best day possible. 🌻

dragonfly46 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:26:00

Good morning from a brightish Leicestershire.

I spent yesterday watching my new mower whizzing around the lawn.
Today we are going into the big city. We haven’t been there except for medical appointments for over a year. I am looking for some new shoes.

I hope you have better news today gingster that’s an awful lot to process. What a lovely dentist you have karma

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

harrigran Thu 24-Sept-26 08:34:40

Good morning from a sunny NE where it is 10° with a forecast of 18° later.
The temperature was single figure during the night and the heating was on, definitely autumn.
Spent a couple of hours with my sister and BIL yesterday and got the grocery shopping sorted.
Today is a quiet day with just some tidying of the study and bathrooms.
Welcome Walthamstowinwaiting

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:40:46

Good news about your tooth extraction karma and 👋 to you WalthamstowinWaiting (and happy news too - bet you’re fizzing with excitement internally!).

BlueSapphire Thu 24-Sept-26 08:55:37

Good morning everyone from a cloudy ☁ Northampton, but it may brighten up later.
Still suffering from my cold, and the cough is persistent; was coughing so much yesterday that I was sick. Went on-line to 111 - apparently nothing to worry about, but I was invited to refer myself to a pharmacist, which I did, who also said nothing to worry about; just continue with the cough syrup. I would have to join the 8am phone queue of I wanted to see a doctor... Most sources say to give it a couple of weeks before seeking further advice; which is what I did last year after three weeks of coughing - saw a practice nurse, came away with a prescription for anti-biotics and the cough was gone within days.

Another day of resting, apart from a Sainsbury's delivery at lunchtime. I had two subscription magazines delivered this week, so have some light reading to look forward to. And only a defrosted home-made sweet and sour chicken to reheat for my dinner along with some rice. Shall cook double quantity of rice then will have enough to go with tomorrow's curry.

Not read previous posts yet, so hope all is well in everyone's world.
Wishing all a pleasant day.

Jaxjacky Thu 24-Sept-26 08:58:05

Morning from a cloudy S Hants, the sun is trying to pop through, I just said good morning to a lone magpie.
Glad your tooth is sorted karma I have two lower molars coming out next week, dreading it.
I do hope for some better news for you Gingster so much to take in.
Welcome Walthamstow jump on in and congratulations, 👶
My brother and wife are here for lunch later, we’ve not met up for a while although they’re relatively local, be good to see them. Tesco delivery first.
Have a pleasant day all.
🦩🦩

Grammaretto Thu 24-Sept-26 08:59:52

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Dry at least.

I had such a bad night - insomnia and back pain - I got up and made tea about 5am and swallowed strong painkillers which let me have a few hours sleep.

Yoga this morning if I can drive. The class isn't on a bus route and noone else lives near.

Yesterday I over did heavy lifting despite having 3 strong much younger friends doing most of the work as we almost cleared the pottery.

Oh but Gingster such a catalogue of dreadful news. 😕 flowers

But I m so glad you got your toothache sorted. Karma. 😁

Welcome Walthamstowe

Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 24-Sept-26 09:01:01

Good morning from Shropshire.A bright start to the day.

A lovely few hours with DGD yesterday.She really is a joy to be with.I bought her the new dance company T-shirt and she was so happy and thankful then sent a message later saying thank you again!

Today I hope to attend our stretch and balance class then into town to the post office and M&S food.

So pleased the tooth is out karma but sorry you still feel so rubbish Marydoll.

Wishing everyone the best day possible🦩🌻

EkwaNimitee Thu 24-Sept-26 09:02:16

Good morning Mick and everybody from bright Carlisle where it was very nippy last night, outside that is, still cosy inside in spite of my bedroom window being open at night. I've just returned from a lovely fresh walk in the park.

Yesterday morning was mostly admin, or so it felt as I wrestled with trying to book a specific seat on a forthcoming flight. I have to have an aisle seat for various reasons or I'm not happy!
In the afternoon I went out and planted bulbs. I didn't expect to be doing this, it was pouring with rain when I got up. I looked out of my kitchen window at one point and found the robin had reappeared from his summer break and was having a vigorous clean up in the bird bath...in the heavy rain.
Nearby is a rhododendron, in flower! I planted it out in late spring and can't remember if it flowered then.

Today, the ironing and then no further plans. I ought to be starting to plant crocuses in the front lawn but it's a tedious job. I'm only spurred on by the thought of them in the spring. When I've got this lot in, and it is a lot, that will be enough.

I'm pleased that tooth is gone karma, fingers crossed for no dry socket.
Have a good day everyone if you can.

Susan56 Thu 24-Sept-26 09:03:29

Gingster💐such a lot to take in in one day.Hope there is better news from those unwell today🙏🏻

Usedtobeblonde Thu 24-Sept-26 09:08:28

Good morning from sunny Stockport.
Yesterday turned into a nice day.

I visited my friend and neighbour who was slightly better than usual but as I left she said," oh I do love our Wednesday afternoons, something good to look forward to" so any hope I had of cutting down on them went out of the window.
I tell myself it is only s few hours a week.

I have cancelled rhe cleaners for today, I have to really make up my mind whether to cancel them permanently, they do not do the best job and just do not connect on a personal level.
Perhaps I am expecting too much but I don't think so.
I need the help so must decide what to do, I am very disappointed having thought the problem was solved.

Nothing on the cards for today for me but hopeful6you all have a good and fulfilling day.

Marzipan22 Thu 24-Sept-26 09:12:08

Good morning from sunny Cornwall where our bomb has been towed out to sea and the 2000 people allowed back to their homes. Much care and kindness shown.

My two molars were removed recently in hospital Karma and yes the sockets need thoughtful aftercare. I'm so glad you're through the ordeal.

Today my final foot dressings - I hope - will be removed at the doctor's. Hooray. Then I'll take a bus for a celebratory coffee somewhere. This evening there's a monthly mending (sewing) group in a high street shop here. Will take a look.

Gingster I hope things improve.

Redcar Thu 24-Sept-26 09:13:29

Welcome Walthamstoweinwaiting. Pleased you are joining us and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Usedtobeblonde Thu 24-Sept-26 09:16:03

Good news about your tooth karma such a relief for you.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 24-Sept-26 09:16:29

A quick morning all from a cloudy but muggy West Oxfordshire.

I will write up my book reviews after breakfast ready for Book Group today. We meet at lunchtime in the Village coffee shop. We are talking about short stories. I will talk about Alice Munro, P D James and my all time favourite, WS Maugham.

‘Inclined to corpulence’

is one of my favourite lines ever!

Have a good day. Glad to hear your tooth has gone Karma!

monk08 Thu 24-Sept-26 09:26:24

Glad your tooth has been sorted Karma.
Welcome Walthamstow👋.

Melanie61 Thu 24-Sept-26 09:50:35

Welcome WalthamstowinWaiting😊

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 10:04:16

Good morning from Sunnyside Sandhills northwest coast. First opera co rehearsal last night and a very poor turnout with some difficult music. The MD was away, so it was taken from the piano. Best bit was socialising as usual afterwards with a glass of wine and a laugh with friends. The company is really limping along these days.

My long box hedge in the front garden has died and the gardener will take it out and replace it with laurel. It’s not going to look as good, but better than it does at the moment.
I’m still feeling rather run down after my cold and my hip hurts at night.
Today to the hairdresser and a food shop.

That’s a relief Karma, thoughts to Gingster FGT and welcome Walthamstow🌺

karmalady Thu 24-Sept-26 10:10:11

Jaxjacky

Morning from a cloudy S Hants, the sun is trying to pop through, I just said good morning to a lone magpie.
Glad your tooth is sorted karma I have two lower molars coming out next week, dreading it.
I do hope for some better news for you Gingster so much to take in.
Welcome Walthamstow jump on in and congratulations, 👶
My brother and wife are here for lunch later, we’ve not met up for a while although they’re relatively local, be good to see them. Tesco delivery first.
Have a pleasant day all.
🦩🦩

Jaxjacky I hope your molars are both on the same side.

From my current experience, you will need food so get soft foods in, stewed apple, yoghurt, bananas, eggs for scrambling and make some well blended veg soup for day day 2 onwards. I am going to add pasta to my soup tomorrow and make sure it is good and soft

A very soft toothbrush was helpful in brushing the rest of my teeth, I caould not gear the thought of an electric toothbrush vibrating in my mouth

Obviously painkillers and I found the smaller tablets easiest to swallow. I sat semi-upright in my recliner for most of the night, if you can`t do that then stack pillows to make a slope

I was very worried about the ibuprofen in my almost empty stomach and was wondering whet the heck I would do if I got a dreadful heartburn pain. I did not get it but hence the chair plus it is not good to sleep on the side with extraction

Re the actual procedure, honestly it was much better than expected, pushing and pulling but no pain. The pain came afterwards but is already going away. I think we need to count about a week of being cautious

karmalady Thu 24-Sept-26 10:13:33

Gingster stay strong flowers