Gransnet forums

Chat

Vet Bill

(29 Posts)
Smileless2012 Mon 21-Sept-26 13:22:57

So sorry for your loss midgey flowers; we lost our beloved little poodle in April.

It's the cost of cremation and having your pets ashes returned which accounts for such a large bill which is why not all owners request this service.

Litterpicker Mon 21-Sept-26 13:05:29

Condolences on the loss of your dog, midgey.

You and Yours, BBC Radio 4, are doing a phone-in on vet bills tomorrow.

AweSum72 Mon 21-Sept-26 12:56:46

Sorry for your loss. Lost our dog about 10 years ago and we had him put to sleep and cremated was under £100 from what I remember. Have always had pets a cat now and can say from my own personal experience the cost of care Vet pricing is now so expensive and pet insurance can be such a rip off. Much respect to the charities like PDSA and Blue Cross doing their best.

midgey Mon 21-Sept-26 12:30:20

Sadly last week I had to take my dog to the vet, she was elderly and in trouble. I already knew the probable outcome and was prepared. What I wasn’t expecting was the massive bill, just over £350! Most of that is for the cremation. With such a huge sum it’s not surprising that charities are having such a demand.