Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 21st September 2026

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 21-Sept-26 04:53:50

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Back into my usual routine after a few chores , get the bus to Bicester do a shop and hopefully chat to those I know.
Return home have lunch and watch some more vents in World Cycling Championships on TV from Montreal .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

karmalady Mon 21-Sept-26 07:55:12

Glammagran your immune system is not doing its job so work on building up your microbiome diversity. Simple kefir, yoghurt, sauerkraut etc will put the microbes back in. Then they need to eat. Read as much as you can about it, obviously I cannot advise nor say too much online. Wishing you well and I hope you get stronger very quickly

hollysteers Mon 21-Sept-26 07:58:31

Good morning from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast.
I’m not enjoying the chillier weather as I feel the cold so much…

After another quiet day yesterday I went to my friend’s open mic but didn’t stay too long. The cold I picked up from my DS still with me and the after effects of my fall at the pool. A very mixed bag of entertainment, but glad I went. Even gladder to come home and eat a scotch egg! I took a little gift round to my neighbour from Greece for feeding the cat. He’s now got electric gates and code needed which I couldn’t remember.

I’ll make phone calls today, practise songs for tomorrow and do some much needed housework.
Thoughts to RosesandLilac Glammagran and all🌺

Redcar Mon 21-Sept-26 08:00:36

Good morning everyone from a sunny mid Essex. I had a very disturbed night again and feel like a wet rag this morning. I had intended to take more books to the charity bookshop in town, but don’t think I’d be safe to drive so will do it tomorrow instead. I’ll do some gardening today, there’s lots to do.

Saw both DDs and three of the Dgds yesterday morning which was good.

I hope those with medical appointments today have some reassurance.

Safe and trouble free journeys to those travelling today, and have a great time if you’re heading off on holiday.

Have as good a day as is possible everyone.

dragonfly46 Mon 21-Sept-26 08:01:46

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

I spent yesterday watching the magpies ravage my lawn. I am hoping I can get rid of the leather jackets soon.

Today I am one of the grans meeting up with kitty and afterwards will pop into Waitrose.

So sorry to hear you are ill Glammagran and Bluesapphire hope you feel better soon.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Liberty Mon 21-Sept-26 08:02:44

Good morning from another lovely sunny start to the day here in Suffolk. The rooks are particularly noisy this morning. It sounds as though they are preparing to go abroad for the winter but I don’t think they usually do.

After a peaceful day yesterday with phone calls and messages from the AC and DGD2 I think today will be similar but without hearing from any of them. Work will occupy their time and energy.

DH and I will walk the dog and after washing the bedding,I intend to continue declutterring the smallest bedroom which has become the main dumping ground for things that don’t yet have a home.

I hope all have a good day and those unwell soon feel better.

luluaugust Mon 21-Sept-26 08:09:09

Good morning from a bright W Kent. Cleaner this morning, so nice shiny bathrooms and stairs hoovered. This afternoon a very special friend is coming for a chat. We were neighbours when our children were young and have been through many ups and downs together, she says she has lots of news so I am wondering what has happened now.
Good luck for all the appointments today, always something!
Best wishes all round

Gagagran Mon 21-Sept-26 08:10:32

Good Morning everyone from the central south coast where the sun is shining and the forecast is for a lovely day.

I have a dental check up at 10am and have the usual fluttery feeling even though I have not had any problems since my last check up in March. DH will drop me outside the surgery as I am still unable to drive with my damaged left arm.

Tomorrow he has arranged for another survey for the proposed stair lift and then we shall make a decision which one to go with.
DD video-called yesterday and was very pleased with all we have done so far to future proof safety issues. She must have realised she had been a bit bossy previously because she said "I only prodded you from love". I was very touched as she is not one to express such sentiments! Unlike her big brother who always signs off a call by saying he loves me!

Hope you soon improve Glamma. It's grim feeling so rubbish and seems to affect all bodily functions!

Good luck with the GP appointment Roses and hopefully it's just a follow up after your surgery.

Safe travels to everyone on the move today and have the best day you can everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 21-Sept-26 08:12:38

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I’m still in bed but will get up soon.

Our cleaner should be here later and I will do a small Waitrose shop,

OH has U3A croquet after lunch.

I’m a bit bunged up with cold. The lady I sat next to on the plane last Thursday was coughing and blowing her nose the whole flight!

Have a good day. Isn’t it now the season of mellow fruitfulness?

baubles Mon 21-Sept-26 08:15:50

Good morning from dull and grey South Lanarkshire.

The weather matches my mood today I’m afraid. We were supposed to be heading south for a few days but we have cancelled due to a situation which is causing us much worry. I’ve put the trip on the back burner till springtime.

Yesterday we had an unexpected visit from DD and two of her children. It was so lovely to see them and listen to their chat.

Nothing planned for today. I hope everyone has a good day.

Grammaretto Mon 21-Sept-26 08:21:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's dry.

Yesterday I was uber energetic and thus have a sore back today. I have been dismantling my pottery studio ready for my downsize.

The afternoon I was at a concert at Dalkeith Palace by the Hebridean ensemble accompanying projections of Victoria Crowe paintings and commentary by her from her residency in Orkney. It was a one-off so packed and rather too hot.

After exercise class -ageing well - I'm expecting the Shelter van to collect more books which I've boxed up ready and then a friend is coming to do even more sorting and sifting.

Enjoy your holiday ginny and your meetup kitty and Dragonfly et al.

I hope all our poorly friends are on the mend.

Enjoy your day .

Marydoll Mon 21-Sept-26 08:26:23

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 11°C and cloudy.

Glammagran, I am sorry you are poorly. Wise not to not do the school run, I hope your DH is OK.
Both DH and I already have our 'flu and Covid vaccination invites.

Yesterday, I went down to Mass, to supervise monitor the car parking situation.
I was quite proud of myself, cars safely parked in rows, disabled bays used correctly and no blocking of wheelchair access.
We had a cone at the bottom of hill to indicate, the car park was full, whencI spotted a latecomer, he was looking very anxious. I realised it was a former pupil, his heavily pregnant woman and their toddler son.
I stopped him and told him, that I could squeeze him in.
I have never seen anyone so relieved in my life. His poor wife is really struggling, with her pregnancy and they would have had to park, a fair bit away
I found it really amusing to hear him address me by my first name. There are parents, who still address me as Mrs M, 😊

There was not a seat to be had, the vestibule was also full, so I decided to go to the presbytery to photocopy the posters, stalker was demanding.
I was met by hundreds of toilet rolls and enough cleaning materials to last for at least a year.
They were stacked everywhere: the hall, office, toilet and call room and office!
I had asked the PP for toilet rolls, I think he got carried away,
I decided to carry some of the toilet rolls (they were light), when I spotted a young man, I knew going past.
I commandeered him and asked him to help with the heavier items. Then I spotted a friend, who was going to the next Mass, he was dragged in to help too.
Later, the P.P asked if I had been in the house, he couldn't believe how tidy the presbytery was!!

I was working at the back of the church, when I heard a voice, nipping my ear. It was the stalker. I had papers in my hand, which she tried to grab.
Is that my posters? Nooooooo!
I asked her to wait and I would get them. Did she wait, she followed me.
The next thing, she had squeezed herself into the tiny sacristy, which had been formerly a backstage cupboard. There were, the P.P, Deacon, Sacristan and me, but somehow, she managed to get in.
She had decided, she needed more posters. I had predicted that and made extra. The P.P pretended he hadn't noticed her and hid
Then she said, she would get them after Mass, but I said I was going home and she needed to take them. She huffed and puffed all the way back down the aisle.
I looked over her shoulder and the P.P was mouthing, Thank you!, because he had avoided being trapped by her. 🤣

I usually go to the next Mass , if I have been working about, but I didn't feel too good and decided to go home.
After making chilli and bolognese for weekday meals, I lay in the conservatory for the rest of the afternoon. I felt rather
strange, so did nothing.

DH has indicated, that he wants to come with me to Mass this morning. He cannot cope with the crowds at weekend Mass, it can be rather oppressive, due to the numbers.
I will quickly tidy up and leave my jobs to another day.
A stop off at Lidl is required. My nuclear winter stock of tinned tomatoes has been exhausted.
During the pandemic, when I was shielding, we had enough to last a lifetime or so I thought. 🤣

Have a lovely holiday, Ginny!

Have a pleasant day, folks.

Marydoll Mon 21-Sept-26 08:28:43

Baubles, ♥️

NannyJan53 Mon 21-Sept-26 08:37:47

Good morning from a fairly bright Black Country, after a lovely sunny day yesterday.

Thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday, I had a lovely weekend.

MrJ has bought tickets for myself and friend to see Abba Voyage in January (not really his thing). He booked them for a Saturday which is a day after we arrive home from a holiday to Fuerterventura!! He said he thought he had booked them for February. So going to be busy that week!

Line Dancing today with said friend.

Wishing you all the best day possible

Jaxjacky Mon 21-Sept-26 08:42:12

Sorry to hear that baubles x

dragonfly46 Mon 21-Sept-26 08:45:11

So sorry to hear that Baubles I hope things soon sort themselves out.

Gingster Mon 21-Sept-26 08:46:27

Good morning and we’re in for a fine autumn week. Lovely.

Yesterday we went o my db’s to pick apples and collect logs.
We sat out in their huge beautiful garden and had caffe and cake, delightful. But after an hour or so Dh had had enough so we left . Next time I’ll go on my own, he really doesn’t enjoy socialising and I felt bad for them. He’s happier on his own at home. But I know it isn’t good for him.

Today I’ll change the beds (🤞Dd will come in after school run and help with the duvet cover) .

Best wishes to all

monk08 Mon 21-Sept-26 09:02:39

Late up this morning already 41 posts, so shall wish everyone a good morning from a sunny Black country.
Quiet day here as yet will see what plans DH has.
Best wishes to anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Will catch up with everybody's happenings later.
Have a good day everyone.😎

Susan56 Mon 21-Sept-26 09:02:54

Baubles💐

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Mon 21-Sept-26 09:06:02

Grammaretto I seem to recall your new house is only a mile from where you now live. That’s fantastic yay you’ll still be part of the community you love - so different (but not so different?). I imagine that must be reassuring and after all the decluttering you will hopefully so much lighter and liberated.

baubles very sorry to hear of your family anxieties. I hope things improve soon for you all. 💐

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Mon 21-Sept-26 09:07:56

I didn’t type yay it was ‘as’.

glammagran Mon 21-Sept-26 09:20:23

Thanks for your good wishes.

Wishing you a lovely holiday in Crete Ginny. We went to Kavos in 1984 when it was just a village with a fabulous beach and great views over to Albania. 2 years later we went back and it had changed beyond recognition, becoming party central.🙁 I’d still love to return.

Baubles I hope your situation resolves itself quickly. 💐

Marydoll your ‘stalker’ sounds absolutely horrendous but surely the people at the ‘top’ should sort her out.

Commiserations to Karma and JaxJacky for their dental woes. And I hope you recover quickly from your viruses BlueSapphire and Llfl.

Grammaretto Mon 21-Sept-26 09:27:24

Sorry you're laid low glammagran and BS I hope you recover quickly.
Also Baubles so sorry you are feeling down.
We need another of our Glasgow meetups.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Mon 21-Sept-26 09:48:06

I wish we could have a Manchester meet up.

poppysmum Mon 21-Sept-26 09:56:34

sunny but with a bit of a nip in the air. expecting my housing assistant support officer sometime today. hoovered round or should that now be Sharked round? put some washing in the drier soon just finishing my coffee tired today but not much to do. thinking of getting a clothes horse nothing wrong with the drier but i am thinking sometimes its nice to dry washing outside, the line is round the back of the bungalow in communal garden.Lots of leaves about a path but slippy so I think that i could pop it by the door or in the lounge. will save on electric too

BlueSapphire Mon 21-Sept-26 10:13:39

glammagran hope you feel better soon. Give my love to Wiltshire!