Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 16th September 2026

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 16-Sept-26 04:53:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark but its dry at the moment here in Brackley .
Up to the usual routine after breakfast with a bus trip into Bicester to do a shop and maybe have a chat with those who I know.
Health seems OK,
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Sept-26 07:39:59

Good morning from a chilly Leicestershire.

Just waved DD off to her conference in Northampton. She stayed the night and it was lovely to see her.
Now I shall worry til she is home safely tomorrow evening. She is 48!

Nothing much happening today. The wife of the friends we usually meet fell and broke her hip on Saturday.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

brook2704 Wed 16-Sept-26 07:42:48

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve grey clouds and looks wet
Oh marzipan your poor feet, I hope they heal quickly and you can get out and about soon again
Today is similar to yesterday with a trip to the gym followed by a relaxing coffee with friends. Yesterday I managed to walk into town without getting too wet, hope it’s the same today. I’m looking forward to visiting DD1 and family this weekend, I must get organised soon!
Hope everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐

monk08 Wed 16-Sept-26 07:47:09

Good morning all from the Black country overnight rain and more predicted.
Thank you for my Anniversary wishes for yesterday a pleasant day was had but the weather was nowhere near as nice as 53yrs ago. Managed to get some washing dried before the rain will iron today after toddlers if I'm not to tired. The meal was enjoyable but my appetite is not what it was and I find there's to much on the plate.
grandMattie glad your Spanish went well I tried to learn it when DS was doing it at school with no success he became quite fluent he was the translator between the English and Puerto Rican kids when we were cruising the Caribbean.
Well must get myself ready for toddlers will catch up with everybody's happenings later.
Hope thise suffering can find some relief today, safe travels those on the move and best wishes to anyone celebrating.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans 😎

Liberty Wed 16-Sept-26 07:50:05

Good morning from sunny Suffolk where there is a definite chill in the air.

My dental appt yesterday was a quick check up with no further treatment needed other than an appt for a scale and polish in a few weeks. I got the usual quizzing as to whether I was flossing and using those in between tooth picks and gave my usual answers….only occasionally when I remember. When translated this really means..well last night and this morning!

Coffee and cake with my friend before the dentist was a much more relaxed time. The cafe where we meet has a lovely small garden and we sat there for a couple of hours putting the world to rights as you do.

Today I have my keep fit class and then lunch with another friend whilst DH has been asked by the sister of a neighbour to try and sort him out with the new tv and mobile phone she organised for him.

He lives alone and is finding life quite a struggle at present. His 2 sisters live in London and a brother in France so no family nearby. We sometimes find it difficult to find a the proper balance for him of being helpful and not taking over organising his life.

Hope today is a good one for all.

baubles Wed 16-Sept-26 07:51:00

Good morning, it’s bright and dry here in South Lanarkshire. Yesterday’s ‘sunshine and showers’ forecast was literally that. Bright warm sunshine one minute and drenching rain the next, all day long.

Our yarn group was well attended last night, almost all of us managed to be there for a change so it was an enjoyable, chatty evening.

Dental hygienist for me this afternoon but before that I will make a big pot of bolognaise sauce to take to DS’s house tomorrow.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Sept-26 07:54:46

Morning from a bright, cooler S Hants, very nosy outside, it’s the road sweeper, a rare sighting!
Sounds painful Marzipan but your denim delightful.
A freezer forage this morning for dinner, there are veg to use up in the fridge too.
Lovely long call with our New Forest friends yesterday, later I booked a festive lunch with them.
Swiftly followed by another friend here for coffee, good chat again, seems to be my forte!
Exercises done after brunch, then some summer tops put away.
🦩 🦩

hollysteers Wed 16-Sept-26 08:00:39

Good morning from a brightening northwest coast. Arrived home last night from Greece, we had a four hour delay at the airport but were back in time for the car park at Manchester airport. DD drove back and I’m getting my bearings and gazing at the suitcase..

I left a bubble pack of medication behind and used a statin I have here. Result, immediate cramp in the night, which seems to prove my new statins are doing a good job cramp wise.
Must phone the chemist to replace my medication although I have enough to manage.

DD and DS here. DGD caught a train from the airport and DD drives south today. Coincidentally flying DD’s next flight is to Corfu. She’s been so thoughtful on the holiday, arranging everything and doing all the driving.

Thoughts to Grandmabatty Marzipan and all💐

Grammaretto Wed 16-Sept-26 08:21:28

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I've not slept well but tis my own fault for instead of going back to sleep after a night trip to the loo, I watched all episodes of 70up as mentioned on Gransnet 😅 serves me right!

Chiropractor, then yarn group all I've done is drop stitches since last week community lunch if time, computer expert returning DH laptop which he has been working on to save important things before I dispose of it.
Then a removals company is coming to quote.
Then a woman recently moved to the area wants to see if I have any spare kitchen equipment.

Yesterday an antiques dealer took some of my things away and gave me some cash.
I hope he can sell them as noone in the family is interested.

I hope you enjoyed the holiday Holly .

Poor Marzipan's. feet and poor GMB GS's finger. 😳

Take care everyone as your Autumn activities start up again.

Usedtobeblonde Wed 16-Sept-26 08:35:43

Good morning from a wet Stockport.
I have had another bad night coughing.
My GD’s half sister was coming today with her 15 month old and I felt really bad when I texted to ask her if she minded rearranging as I feel wiped out and a toddler is hard work.

The plumber finished the shower yesterday, it looks just like the previous one but is clean, shiny and leakfree.
Shortly after he finished my GD arrived on her way home from work to take me to her new home for a meal.
Delicious lamb chops were just the thing but I was ready to come home at 8 as I was very tired, I recorded 70 Up and will watch it today.

I hope you all find some joy today.

EkwaNimitee Wed 16-Sept-26 08:37:03

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle.
I have just returned from my early walk in the park, few people about but a lot of noisy mallards!

Yesterday I did a little laundry and bathroom cleaning plus admin. Then it was off to the garden centre where I got sacks of compost and some winter bedding. I also had my free coffee, a good strong one as I like it but as I made myself another at lunch time, I had a broken night's sleep so a nap is probably due later.
Back home, it was out into the garden to part fill a raised bed and do a bit of trimming.

Today, the ironing to do shortly then it's back into the garden for some planting out. This afternoon, I intend to finish my book.

Marzipan your poor feet! It sounds very painful but you're not complaining, I hope you're getting out and about again soon.

luluaugust Wed 16-Sept-26 08:37:26

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. I also had a rough night, first hot then cold couldn’t get comfortable etc, anyways it’s art this morning so I can paint and a bit of chat so the day should pass quite quickly
Hope your feet start to heal soon * Marzipan*.
Best wishes

NannyJan53 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:37:41

Good morning from a cloudy chillier Black Country, where rain is forecast.

Busy day yesterday, walk with walking group, lunch with DGD, then took her for her Meningitis jab. Then home to get ready to go to Theatre.

We saw The Curious Incidence of the Dog at Night-time. It was an unusual production, but very good once you realised what was happening, as I have never read the book.

On the bus home was chatting to a couple who as it turned out lived not far from us, and they are going to Kos 2 days after we do in a couple of weeks.

Nothing planned today, but needed after a busy day yesterday.

Hope you had a lovely Anniversary day yesterday Monk

Uttb it seems all manuals now are online so you have to go to the company website and download it. Had to do the same for our new freezer last year.

Wishing you all the best day possible.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:54:40

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where its been raining during the night but the sun is making an appearance now which is lovely.

After my very lazy day yesterday, I have a busy one today. Yoga class later this morning (not been for 5 weeks owing to holidays so it’ll be hard), meeting my friend in the Trafford Centre in JL for coffee (well do our what have you been up to this summer catch up) then a mooch around the stores and at teatime I’m off to watch L’il Miss have her swimming lesson (while I also have a lovely 1-1 with her mum!).

madeleine45 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:57:23

Gnash Gnash, I hadnt realized the 70up was on last night so will have to find it on catch up or something. I followed it for most of the way through and found it very interesting , except of course for the fact that they had less girls in the programme!! I was sorry to read that the Midland Hotel in Morecambe is a bit on the run down side these days. I have always loved Art Deco etc and used to love visiting there. A very long time ago,I think about 40 years ago, they had an outbreak of food poisoning there, and to remedy that they had all new kitchens put in and then offered a special price for an early doors dinner to encourage people to come back there. My husband and I used to take our elderly friend - well she was my age now! - and we really loved sitting there in the early evening enjoying good food, with the sun setting and the man at the piano in white playing rather lovely tunes and then they had the carpet up and we could see all the Mcgill things. Hopefully the northern Eden Project may galvanize them into improving it again. I have always preferred
Morecambe to Blackpool and used to enjoy

Marydoll Wed 16-Sept-26 08:58:29

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow, where it is only 8°C.
I have had yet another night of disturbing dreams.
DH must have realised for he left me sleeping and has just brought up my tea and hot water bottles for my painful hip and knee.
Apparently, there were many ouches and complaints muttered in my sleep. Oh dear!

Monk, belated anniversary wishes for yesterday.♥️
Yesterday, DH asked what I would like to do on 30th September. I was puzzled, then temembered it is our 49th wedding anniversary.😂

GM, I smiled, when I saw, that posing at 6.14,am meant you had slept in. I was just falling asleep then.
My new washing machine had no manual, but the dial was self explanatory.
You will be able to get the manual online, if required.
However, my new tumble dryer did have one,yet we
are still trying to work out how to work it! 😄

Llfl, I'm guessing your holiday is naned, ^The Italian Lakes^😉
It sound idyllic.

After Dollie went to school with Papa yesterday, it took ages before I could summon up the energy to get dressed. The lack of sleep had slowed me right down,
I decided to visit M&S food hall. However, I was later than usual and it was so busy.
To my utter delight (sarcasm here), there was a sale on, mostly Autograph clothes.♥️
I had a small trolley, but was causing havoc, trying to negotiate the narrow aisles. I always get a small trolley, (not any old trolley, but an M&S trolley 😉,) when I walk round Silverburn. My walking is rather unsteady at the moment.

I did nab a few items, which I didn't need. Discovering a voucher in my Sparks account for £11, contributed to the cost.
The WiFi is awful at Silverburn, many of the stores have their own customer WiFi.
A lovely assistant helped to retrieve the voucher, I was so glad, because I was beginning to feel unwell-- but I wasn't giving up my bargains.

I had just sat down with a drink, when the fire alarm went off and we were evacuated!
The fresh air helped a bit, but then the rain came on! Few people had jackets with them.😣
I had to phone DH, to explain why my live location hadn't shown me moving. (He worries.)
Very unusually, I then went home as soon as we were allowed back in. No Monsoon, no White Stuff etc. I didn't feel great..

The afternoon was spent resting, DH did the school run on his own. I like to go with him, there is always someone I know in the playground. However, I just wanted to lie down.

I am still in bed, oh bliss! A day at home for me.
There is safeguarding admin requiring my attention and I need to contact the Diocesan Offices, regarding a query.
Dinner will be a chicken stir fry with egg fried rice.
Last night I made DH, his favourite chicken Maryland and he cleared his plate. Such joy, for he has been hardly eating for months.

I wish you all a pleasant day. Marzipan, I hope you are not in too much pain.
For all those struggling, I send my best wishes.
Have a good day, everyone.

madeleine45 Wed 16-Sept-26 09:01:15

sorry it is playing silly beggars again. So I used to like walking along Hest Bank and looking at all the birds and wandering along the canal too. Of course , as an afficionado of good icecream I do hope that Lewis s are still continuing the tradition of selling very good icecream near to the clock tower. My goodness , my son has just celebrated his 51st birthday and I remember taking him as a very little boy with his bucket and space to the beach there. Time to get going again. Have a good day everyone

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 16-Sept-26 09:06:10

Just to say Madeleine I sold a plain gold band in an independent jewellers a few weeks ago. It was 22ct and when weighed, I was absolutely astonished to be offered £480 for it! Gold is reaching a very high price right now apparently. Anyway needless to say I took the money! He deposited it into my bank account then and there and I checked me phone to confirm it was in.

I’m going to the Trafford Centre today and have my eye on a rather nice Kilim rug in JL and this money will pay for it. I’d much rather a new rug than an unworn gold band sat in my jewellery box!

Gingster Wed 16-Sept-26 09:31:23

Good morning all and I’m late to the show.
Disturbed sleep, then slept later.
Messages to youngest GC as it’s her 11th birthday today.

I’m off up to town soon, M and S food hall, meet friend for coffee and a mooch around the market.

Dh will be going with his true loyal patient friend out for brunch.

Have a good day.
🌻

TheWeirdoAgain60 Wed 16-Sept-26 09:39:58

Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!

Ladyleftfieldlover - it looks so beautiful in Lake Como; I could imagine swimming in it!

It rained gloriously again last night, not drenching but enough to be noticed, and it was gorgeous!

Had an embarrassing moment yesterday! I'm 100% convinced I'm now a proper, certifiable, bona fide airhead with a PhD in Bimboology!

During my work break, I'd shot into a hardware store, which is quite big and on a couple of different levels, for a plastic laundry basket, as I'd had mine forever and the side slats were breaking and it was generally dying. It was a big circular red one. I bought it when I was 15 for £3.50, so it's lasted me a whopping 46 years! It's now at the recycling bank!

I went trotting in and looked around but couldn't see any, so after a couple of minutes of back and forth, I asked the assistant, and she said ''You've just walked past them twice!'' as she walked me to where I was just seconds before!

They had big, tall, lidded types, metal ones, medium-sized, various colours, circular, long, so how could I have NOT seen them all stacked up and standing next to each other?! I burst into laughter, and she said ''You need to look down below as well as waist height and above!''

Two minutes later, my purse was £6.50 lighter after grabbing a green long hip-hold type, and I was out of there fast, clutching my basket, VERY red-faced! So in another 46 years, when I'll be 107, and my new basket has conked out, I'll go to another hardware store!

See you all later!

Georgesgran Wed 16-Sept-26 09:49:54

A late Good Morning from a bright and breezy Durham. Jet lag still playing havoc here, but with no car, I’ve no plans. It should be ready today, then I can whizz off to see DGS1 who is 9 today. The AA rang yesterday to confirm the other party has accepted full responsibility for the accident - unfortunately the HGV driver didn’t speak English, so I have no claim against me when I come to renew my policy.

Best wishes to all. X