Gransnet forums

Chat

It Must Be Autumn Even Though It's Not September....

(38 Posts)
Margs Tue 25-Aug-26 04:10:11

.....because yesterday I spotted 3 spiders rampaging across the kitchen ceiling.

Spiders inviting themselves into your living space is a definite sign we're starting the run downhill towards Halloween. Sadly.

polly123 Tue 25-Aug-26 17:26:16

Apparently they also dislike white vinegar diluted with water.

Gwyllt Tue 25-Aug-26 17:31:43

Organic fly catchers They mind their own business

knspol Tue 25-Aug-26 18:29:29

Started seeing those almost palm sized spiders about a month ago here. They really terrify me and after seeing one in the bedroom just cannot sleep for days. Every room I go in I look around for them. I hoover them up, have to take off the nozzle end of the Dyson as otherwise they are too big to get sucked up. Empty the cleaner outside and kill the spiders with a big shovel.

latedecember1963 Tue 25-Aug-26 19:46:26

I don't mind spiders. It's things that can get about without legs that make me shudder.

Ali61 Tue 25-Aug-26 20:05:07

I'm very happy for it to become Autumnal - I've found the heat this summer unbearable and have felt like a prisoner alot of the time - indoors under the fan with windows and blinds drawn! Looking forward to crunching leaves in the woods, hot chocolate, Sunday roasts and making Christmas gifts 🥰

Fallingstar Tue 25-Aug-26 20:22:54

No messing about here either, hoover snozzle out and I suck the blighter up, though I will wack it with a brush if it doesn’t give me time to get the hoover.
Big buggers they are, lurking in the bathroom until I get on the loo then I am stuck there praying it doesn’t move because nine times out of ten it will gallop towards me 😡

Jaxjacky Tue 25-Aug-26 20:52:13

Not bothered by them, but MrJ not keen, we have big flappy moths, they hide, then leap out towards me - I'm not fond of them.

lizzypopbottle Tue 25-Aug-26 21:34:14

My car screen was on dark mode for the first time when I got in to drive home about 7.45pm. Night's drawing in, I suppose.

eazybee Wed 26-Aug-26 04:34:45

I don't mind spiders; it is the moths which irritate me. Drew back the curtains last night to let fresh air in , only to be assaulted by two moths who circled round me in bed rather than going for the lamp or water glass, their usual choice, until I accidently squashed one on the bedclothes in trying to bat it away.

gwyneth28 Wed 26-Aug-26 15:17:02

Margaret Tey, well said- we have no right to kill anything.
If you want to live and thrive
Let the spiders run alive!
My Great uncle John told me that over 60 years ago!!!

M0nica Wed 26-Aug-26 19:36:53

We would die if we did kill things. the whole of life on earth is based on organic life feeding on organic life whether you are talking of apex predators, or micro organisms on the sea floor and every mammal, fish, insect plant and microbe in between.

Nightsky2 Wed 26-Aug-26 19:42:53

M0nica

Spiders and spider's webs in the house seem to be a year round problem in our house.

Ours too. They seem to be everywhere. I’ve never seen so many cobwebs.