The main one is headed ‘a new annoying pop up’ Susan, there’s a reply from GN
What's next for Meghan and Harry?
You and Yours to be cut from BBC radio 4 schedule
Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley this morning , it would be nice to have some rain down here as the ground is parched .
After breakfast will get a early bus to Bicester and shop and hopefully see people I know.
maybe have a coffee and a snack before I shop .
Watch cycling on TV as to Tour of Spain starts in Monaco.
Health OK ,
Take Care,
Mick
The main one is headed ‘a new annoying pop up’ Susan, there’s a reply from GN
Just caught up as DH has now arrived.
Hope your DH'S foot heal ok, KittyLester. Thank goodness it wasn't more serious.
Percy sounds quite a character, Gagagran. Woodpigeons seem to become quite tame once they're used to you. We have a pair who frequent our garden and are very devoted to each other.
Madeleine, words fail me about your GP receptionist. I know they have a difficult job with some people but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the way we are all increasingly treated like a nuisance. I second Litterpicker's response!
Good for you for politely standing your ground but you shouldn't have to. Sending you an unmumsnetty hug.
Enjoy the sleepover with your treasures, Bellasnana.
Hope your family get together to remember your niece brings some peace, Susan56.
Thank you Ekwa but I couldn’t find them🤦🏼♀️
There are two threads on the phishing scam under the Site stuff forum. GN is on the case. With some advice too.
Good morning from coastal West Sussex. It is sunny with cute little white, fluffy clouds but definitely cooler.
We are gearing up to being away for six weeks - to a Bank Holiday weekend festival in Northamptonshire and then on up to East Lothian for a stay in our flat near DD2 and family and some excursions in the campervan to other parts of Scotland.
It’s a challenge (for me) to clean and tidy the house and pack for the various scenarios over the next few weeks. I used to be able to tidy (we are both a bit messy 🫤), clean, sort the garden etc by just going at it non-stop but no longer. I must pace myself.
madeleine, when I finished reading your post I was so angry with your doctors’ surgery that I wanted to go straight there and demand to know why they treat their patients so badly 😡.
I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you feel better soon.
Marydoll, I think ‘keep b*****ing on’, must be your motto! Your family’s inability to see how bad things are is a credit to your determination to keep going but a little sympathy would be nice!
Grammaretto, I loved Jupiter Artland when we went there a few years ago. We must try and have another visit. I hope the house hunting will end with you finding a new home soon. Clearing and leaving the old place must be very painful for you.
Gagagran, your pigeon spa sounds wonderful. Percy is a lucky bird. I noticed a pigeon first drinking and then just sitting , as you describe, in a bowl on a table in my neighbours garden (I was looking out of the bathroom window).
brook, we stayed at the Rosemarkie campsite three years ago (?). It is beautiful there. Have a lovely walk!
Thoughts with all those on here, or just reading, having a tough time. Enjoy the cycling, Mick. Have the best possible day everyone.
Good morning everyone from a sunny Anglesey.
Will read your messages later when DH has arrived and I can have 5 minutes to myself.
Just wanted to wish you all a good Saturday. Hope yesterday was a better day, Madeleine. Sometimes it just feels like the world is conspiring against you, doesn't it?
🤗 to you all. 🌻
Good morning from the sunny west midlands. A lovely bright day here today, not too hot. Although there is a hot-tempered husband stomping about like Rumplestiltskin because I dared to remark on his handyman skills. Male pride! Its exhausting!
Wishing everyone the best day possible apart from a certain grumpy bodger.
Good
Hugs Madeleine, cellulitis is so painful.
Just read your post Madeleine. What a day you had. I hope you are getting better now. Don't be scared to call 999.
I was afraid to when DH had similar symptoms and was he was disoriented.
He was shivering and wanted to have a hot bath.
My friend , a nurse, called an ambulance for me and he was admitted that night with cellulitis which could have resulted in sepsis. After a course of IV antibiotics he recovered from that and lived another 4 years.
To all the posters losing their posts into the ether, I started to write my posts outside GN and then copy and paste them into GN (though I didn’t today). As Madeleine usually writes quite lengthy posts, she must be very fed up.
A late good morning to you all. It had obviously rained at home while we were away.
We had a lovely night away in Malmesbury. The hotel dates from the 13th century. The abbey next door was founded as a Benedictine monastery in the 7th century and where Athelstan, King of Wessex was buried in the abbey in 939.
However, when we were ready to go downstairs to check out, DH could not find his car keys. We emptied all the luggage and looked in the room everywhere. Then he used his phone to open the car but still no sign there. Reception said they hadn’t been handed in. After half an hour of searching he still hadn’t found them. Then I got a call from Reception to say they had been handed in. He had dropped them on an outside terrace the previous day. I was beyond cross with him. He has lost 2 wallets in the past. He is very careless like that.
DD2 and family are away in North Devon for a mini break this weekend. I hope it stays fine for them. DS is on holiday with his family in Cornwall.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Rats!!!! My post has disappeared too.
I’ll wish everyone a good morning from Durham, where it definitely feels Autumnal.
* Please don’t pick the rosehips *Roses’ .
X
A late Good Morning from a sunny but cool central south coast.
The rain I hoped for yesterday never turned up so I have been watering the pots and flower bed and filling the small water feature ready for Percy's visit for his morning bath.
Percy is a wood pigeon who has adopted us as his spa centre and likes to have a good bath then sit with his feet in the water and survey the garden. He seems very tame and we look forward to seeing him when he calls in- usually during the day for drinks but he does enjoy his very splashy bath!
DH is out with his cycling club on a coffee and cake run this morning. He will be back for a late lunch.
So sorry to hear of the mishaps to those coping with injuries to themselves or DHs - hope the day brings some ease and comfort.
Morning from a sunny S Hants, we slept late, no particular reason.
Yesterday was bathroom cleaning, grocery delivery then pub, people sat outside in the sun.
I has a letter for my cortisone hip injection on Tuesday, may not go ahead as I need to ring about blood thinners Monday.
Gosh Madelaine what a rough time you’re having, it can only improve 🤞
Gingster very stoic.
Padlock to the roof access kitty!
Have a reasonable day all.
🦩🦩
Good morning from Sunnyside Sandhills northwest coast.
Had a nice meal with two friends in the city last night, although they were surprised to find they had been charged £5 for biscuits offered at the beginning of the meal and made a complaint as they thought they were complimentary.
On to drinks and they sang Time to say goodbye in the karaoke, both having good voices. An Irishman appeared and handed me a second drink, chatted me up (as a widow it’s allowed) and wanted my number, he was flying home the next day. I gave him the number of a local taxi firm 😁and left my two friends to it, taking the train and was home by before 12. All rather sedate compared to my younger days.
Today I’ll start clearing a bedroom which is going to be redecorated and I’m glad I’m in tonight.
Thoughts to Madeleine and all🌺
.
Good morning from South Lanarkshire where we have grey skies again after an unexpectedly warm evening.
We had an enjoyable visit to the planetarium, the show, which was set to the music of Pink Floyd, was fantastic. It was preceded by a short talk about the stars and planets, such a different experience to lie back and watch the universe unfold above us.
Thinking of you Madeleine, what a trying day you had and Kitty, I hope your DH’s foot isn’t too badly damaged.
No plans today, wishing you all the best day possible.
Good morning from a cool NE with a forecast of 15° today.
The heating is on and the bedroom and bathroom are cosy.
Yesterday I got all my laundry washed, dried and ironed by late afternoon so I was able to relax in front of the TV.
I think DS and GDs are visiting today. Will be interested to hear about results day and the arrangements for her new school.
Have a good weekend.
Good morning from Shropshire.Overnight rain and sunshine and showers forecast for today.
I didn’t feel 100% yesterday so DH took DGD into town and I stayed home with DGS.It worked out really well as I never usually have time just with DGS and he was an absolute joy without big sis to wind up and vice versa.DGD enjoyed her trip to town with grandpa as he never says no!
Having cleared the to do list on Wednesday and all household jobs being up to date we seem to have another long list of things to do🤦🏼♀️
Tonight there is a family event to remember and celebrate my niece.
madeleine I am so sorry you had another bad day yesterday.As Gingster says you are definitely another warrior.I hope today is better and that the antibiotics kick in today🙏🏻💐
Grandmabatty I have had the phishing thing too😡also my husband has had a walking stick in the car for about five years and has used it half a dozen times 🤦🏼♀️We have started a strength and balance class which really seems to be helping DH’s legs.The physio could see an improvement at his last appointment.
Greyduster I hope you feel better soon.Colds are horrible 💐
Wishing everyone a good day 🦩🌻
Good morning from a cool but sunny Suffolk after yesterday’s chilly evening. My lunch time meet up with my dear friend had a bit of a difficult start.
When she didn’t arrive after 15mins I thought I should phone her as she has had another recent fall but I had left my phone at home,something I never do. A kind young woman in the restaurant lent me hers because,of course there was no pay phone available and,after phoning DF on both her landline and mobile and DH to see if she had phoned me,she turned up about 10 mins later,oblivious to my worried self.
We had different times in our heads to meet and,looking in her diary,my time was right. We had a good lunch and a happy time chatting and laughing.
DGD3 who was 16 last month did her 1st stint yesterday at the pub/ restaurant where her big sister works. She is a food server and we imagine after her 5 hour shift,finishing at 10pm,she will be exhausted. She already has plans for her earnings.
DS and DGS and their dog are coming to see us early afternoon and will ‘forage’ in the garden for the remaining blackberries, apples and damsons. These are cropping extremely heavily this year. Sadly most go to waste as my days of making damson jam and ice cream are well and truly over.
Hope those struggling with health issues have a good day and better than yesterday.
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton, a dry day forecast like yesterday.
A very small turnout at dance classes yesterday, lots of people on holiday I think, but we carried on as normal and had very enjoyable sessions.
Spent the afternoon reading more of The Odyssey, and all I had to do for dinner was reheat the curry I'd made on Thursday.
Caught up with a few tv recordings after dinner.
The plumber contacted me and a date has been fixed for the week after next for him to come and inspect the non-flushing en-suite loo. Hopefully he can fix it, but I fear it needs a new cistern.
Shall get the bus later to the shops and get something for dinner tonight; probably shall have a bacon roll and coffee in Costa.
Wishing all a pleasant day.
What a day you had Madeleine. I really feel for you. Another ‘Woman Warrior’ . 💐
Good morning everyone from Inverness, it feels a bit cooler and we’ve light grey clouds
Oh goodness kitty hope your DHs foot heals quickly
Nothing much planned for this weekend but lots to be getting in with to keep me busy. I think we might go for a short walk somewhere, probably Rosemarkie beach as there’s a nice cafe overlooking the sea there. ‘
Gingster ❤️
Hoping everyone has the best weekend they can, take care all
Good morning from a bright, sunny Black Country, albeit cooler. It did absolutely tip it down from about 8pm and into the night.
Off to meet DD and the girls for lunch today, have a student cook book for DGD2!
Wishing you all the best day possible.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.