Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 15th August 2026

(54 Posts)
Melanie61 Sat 15-Aug-26 05:55:38

Good morning from Sheffield

Today I am going on a coach trip to London to see ABBA Voyage. I saw it three years ago with my daughter. I had arranged to go with my sister in law but she had surgery a couple of weeks ago and felt not well enough to go. My good friend has stepped in instead.
If anyone has been you know what a fantastic experience it is. I’m so looking forward to the weekend.
I’m more or less packed.DH is dropping us off at the coach station at 8.30. We have some spare time in London tomorrow morning, not sure what we will do. I don’t know where we will be dropped off so will play that by ear.
I have my sparkly top and have crocheted two mesh beanie hats with sequins, all prepared !

Take care everyone flowers

grandMattie Sat 15-Aug-26 05:35:15

Posted too soon.
I played lady bountiful in the afternoon, giving five neighbours a handful each of mybab6 tomatoes. There were far too many for me to eat, besides I like making people happy.
Nothing much today. More patchwork, gives me something to do.
Have a good date, one and all. Carpediem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

grandMattie Sat 15-Aug-26 05:32:16

Good morning from an appreciably cooler Bristol; it is overcast.
mick, I hope the antibiotics start working very soon; cystitis isn’t much fun.
My shopping for the “sea” in my patchwork was successful and I’m going to have fish of every hue, using some of the many different patterns and colours in my stash.
The bus dropped me outside Primark as usual, and I popped in ;imagine my shock and horror to see it jam packed with puffer jackets and knitwear!😳

Michael12 Sat 15-Aug-26 04:54:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its not quite twilight here in Brackley this morning but it remains dry , if the forecasts right the last of hot period .
Plans an early bus to Bicester , hopefully see those I know, many seem to shop early due to the heat ,and fewer older people about .
Health start 7 day antibiotics today for urinr infection.
Take Care,
Mick