Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 10th August 2026

(54 Posts)
HelterSkelter1 Mon 10-Aug-26 05:32:37

Good morning from a cool N Surrey...so far. There is a slight smell of rain, but the step from the kitchen doors is dry. It's quite cloudy and no sun yet. I may go and water some pots in a minute as it is light enough to see them now which it wasn't at 5.00. It is a little darker later now and darker earlier in the evening.
DD1 is coming today for a couple of nights which will be lovely. DHs health is very poor now..I am dreading the 35 deg heat here later this week.
A cup of coffee calls.
Onwards and upwards.

Greyduster Mon 10-Aug-26 05:28:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where there is a red tinge in the Eastern sky. I slept until four and then that was it.

DD and the menfolk came over for a roast dinner yesterday. My day did not get off to a good start. I mixed up the base for a sponge flan and realised just as I was putting it into the oven that the reason the mixture looked ‘loose’ was because I had left out the margarine! Throw mixture away, clean tin, start again. Then I dropped an egg on the floor getting it out of the fridge. We got there eventually and everyone enjoyed it.

They went home in time for me to watch the NYO’s Prom live from the Albert Hall - the one I’ve been waiting for - and Wow! What a brilliant sound those youngsters make. Rounded off my day perfectly.

Not sure what’s on the cards today. I only know what people want me to do. I have no idea what I want to do.

Have the best day you can, folks.

grandMattie Mon 10-Aug-26 05:09:54

Good morning from Bristol. Still dry, still clear, still getting hotter…
Lovely to see you taichinan, glad to know you’re ok.
When getting the paper at 7am yesterday, I saw about 9 balloons, one of which was higher than the other and was shooting away, as opposed to the sedate progress of the others.
Apart from church, yesterday was quiet. I did sit out with my neighbour in the afternoon sun, chatting.
I’ve got an eye appointment this morning, so shall be taken to the supermarket later by a different neighbour. The rest of the day will be used to try and finish that quilt.
Hope r&l found a better position to sleep in last night. The hot weather does ease the escape from bedding!
Take car3 and be happy. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🐦‍🔥

Michael12 Mon 10-Aug-26 04:58:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight and dry outside here in Brackley as we head into another warm day.
Todays plans bus to Bicester ,shop and say hello to people I know.
After Lunch I have a Blood Test at my local surgery as to the enlarged Prostrate .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick