Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 6th August 2026

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 06-Aug-26 04:52:25

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its twilight here in Brackley but its dry, yesterday we did have rain shower for about 20 minutes .
Today usual routine with bus trip to Bicester , do a shop and see friends .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

GrannyIvy Thu 06-Aug-26 12:56:40

Thank you FGT hope you have a lovely day out with your friends. I’m on my way home all is ok and have new eye drops

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 06-Aug-26 11:17:20

Oh good luck with your results then GrannyIvy 😊

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 06-Aug-26 11:15:59

👋 latedecember! I’m just finishing my mug of coffee then “‘orf I jolly well go!” It’s sunny too 😁
Using public transport it’ll take me just shy of an hour and a half in total.

GrannyIvy Thu 06-Aug-26 10:57:10

Good morning from Cambridgeshire. I am currently sitting in the Eye Clinic awaiting a review. All the doctors appear to be in shorts and t shirts wasn’t like that in my day when I worked here. Very nice nurse did an eye test but I couldn’t understand a word she said and couldn’t read many of the letters on the chart! DH dropped me off and gone to the garden centre close by I would much rather be there!!

Hope R & L is comfortable and all went well.

Also hope those that are struggling have a better day.

latedecember1963 Thu 06-Aug-26 10:29:06

Sending you a wave, FriedGreenTomatoes. We're just down the road from Bury. 👋

madeleine45 Thu 06-Aug-26 10:26:33

Good morning Michael and all GN's from a grey, slightly breezy North Yorkshire morning . No sign of rain though and none yesterday.

Thankyou for good wishes and an improvement this morning, for which I am grateful. Feel very washed out, and slow, but that is just physical and can cope with that. So I have managed to put the washing in, very slowly (that might bring the rain on!) not much else done but read your posts and am able to have radio 3 on quietly. Yesterday I couldnt bear any noise, my ears seemed to have a high sort of whine in them, and my head was driving me mad, as it was itching, but if I attempted to gently scratch it , it really hurt!

Yesterday was mostly a wash out altogether. The sky was very grey but still humid and the much wished for rain did not appear at all. Tried to do the odd thing, but nothing worked , couldnt read or do anything much and didnt even go to whist last night. Wasnt sure of my speed of reactions, so didnt want to risk driving to the village. I try to be a considerate driver in any case, but am aware how much my car allows me to be independant, and would not want to risk it. So all in all a rather rubbish day , hope that today improves. I could do with a bit of shopping but need to take things slowly.

I have been thinking of RoseandLilac and hoping she is doing well, and that this slightly cooler weather is helping her. GrandMattie , I hope you can have a bit of a rest and put your leg up for a while. Ashcombe glad that oldudders journey went well. Well done Marydoll finding the bike, which will give a lot of pleasure I am sure. It is so good on GN, to feel that it is in general such a positive place, where people are interested in others and try to help and encourage . Long may we continue to do so, Wishing you all a good day and rather than wish for a little sunshine perhaps we might have a little downpour at some point today!

aggie Thu 06-Aug-26 09:10:48

Good morning from a very dull and cool Co Armagh
I’m off to Mass now
Thinking of Roses and wishing her well
Marydoll I hope you manage to get your beloved to swallow the prep for tomorrow’s procedure? 💐

Jaxjacky Thu 06-Aug-26 09:06:41

Morning from a cooler and sunny S Hants. Yesterday was a library trip, pharmacy and a few groceries on the way back, the village roadworks are a pain.
My daughter has borrowed my car and just messaged the engine management light is on, I imagine it needs a good blast as the only journeys have been local for months.
Gardening lady is here, removing dead stuff and curtailing a rampant climber.
This afternoon I’ll need a zzz, a restless night and woke up at 5:30 chilly. Txt yesterday from GP my week of home BP results were fine.
Thinking of R&L hopefully recovering well.
🦩🦩

Astitchintime Thu 06-Aug-26 08:58:27

Good morning from a very breezy NE mids. I’m a little late contributing today and I missed yesterday completely……..but other stuff has been getting in the way of routine.
Our onions are curing well and the stems are almost shrivelled and dry so won’t be long before I can start stringing those, it’s a messy job but worth the effort and we have enough to see us through until next spring.
Nothing in particular planned for today apart from the usual tidy-up and bathroom cleaning.
Have a good day one and all!

Georgesgran Thu 06-Aug-26 08:56:02

Good morning from a cool, cloudy Durham. I had an odd day yesterday and couldn’t summon up the energy to do much at all – a bit of laundry and I got the first load of heavy stuff ready for the Car Boot Lady to collect from my garage.
I’m determined to do something today, but I’m someone who doesn’t like pointless journeys - I have four birthdays coming up this month so I can use those as an excuse, as two need pricey gifts.
Hoping Roses is doing ‘as well as expected’.

Best wishes to all. X

hollysteers Thu 06-Aug-26 08:53:28

Good morning from a cool northwest coast. My niece and DD from the south plus DS are still here and yesterday was windy and rainy. A shame as my niece is only here for a couple of days. I was tired after all the prep for visitors and the extremely late night and meal the night before. They went walking in the extensive sand dunes at the bottom of the road, got soaked and lost, coming back looking like drowned rats. A pity after endless days of sunshine.

We took flowers to the family grave, DD and niece spent time in town and after the evening meal, I gave them a lift into the village, which has become lively and the place to go at night.
I listened to Alan Bennett podcasts, very entertaining.

Niece leaves today by train and I have a dental appointment this afternoon, just a check up.
Thoughts to Rosesandlilac and all🌺

Grammaretto Thu 06-Aug-26 08:51:22

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's so chilly today that the heating has come on . I keep it on frost control.

The going away party for friends yesterday was very nice. A buffet where everyone brings something. I loaned glasses but unfortunately had to bring them home for the dishwasher. 🤣

My helper has been brilliant. Her super power is that she can drive my car so packs it to the gunwales and takes loads to the tip. She even broke up an old latter and wooden rotten wheelbarrow to get them away.

Tonight she has tickets to the tattoo so I can relax 😅

I hope you are recovering well Roses

Have a great day everyone.

WhiteSwan63 Thu 06-Aug-26 08:40:04

Good morning from a very breezy east coast. I’m waiting to hear when my DGS is ready to be picked up for the morning routine. Had a chat with DD as she was on her way to work.

We heard yesterday that my uncle is now on palliative care. They will just keep him comfortable and pain free. I think a twice a week visit to him is needed now. It’s so sad to see him like this and hard on mum. He puts on this funny little squeaky voice until you move something or don’t switch his kitchen light off and then his normal voice comes out. It’s funny as we know he can talk normally. Still no one knows why he is failing so quickly when they can’t find anything wrong.

Wishing Rosesandlilac a speedy recovery. Sending best wishes💐
Thoughts to those struggling with illness and stress.
Have a lovely day🌼🌼

EkwaNimitee Thu 06-Aug-26 08:36:56

Good morning Mick and everyone from cool, grey Carlisle.

I've just been for an early walk, even many of the mallards were still dozing. There's a very cool wind and I expect the odd shower or two so probably the rest of the day will be indoors. I probably shouldn't have gone for a walk due to the pulled calf muscle which got rather painful towards the end even though I was walking slowly. I was fed up with being stuck in the house when I prefer to be out in the open air.

I'll just do some odd, gentle jobs during the rest of today plus some reading. Yesterday I spent a lot of time in front of my computer doing medical research on my various tedious conditions. I want to make sure my forthcoming infusion for osteopenia doesn't cause problems. My e-consult to the surgery didn't produce a GP or a nurse, I was just passed on to the surgery pharmacist who hasn't got back to me yet.

Thinking of you RosesandLilac and hoping all has gone well for you and that you will soon be home.

grandMattie Thu 06-Aug-26 08:17:20

baubles

Good morning from South Lanarkshire. No rain at the moment and I hope that continues today.

DH and I had a wander round the Hunterian Museum in Glasgow University yesterday followed by lunch in one of our favourite restaurants.

Today we will collect DH’s children and bring them here for a couple of days.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

I’m related to John (and his brother, William) Hunter through my paternal grandmother. I’d love to visit the museum one day.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 06-Aug-26 08:11:22

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s sunny at present. Alexa tells me it’s going to be 19°C today with white cloud.

I’m off to Bury late morning so need a bus to the tram station. It takes an hour so I shall enjoy passing through central Manchester and onwards to the terminus.

Friends are going to pick me up from there for the ten minute journey to their new bungalow. They moved 18 months ago and due to circumstances, I have yet to see it.

I’m going out to Málaga in a fortnight and I’ll be picking up keys today as I’m going to use their apartment in the block out there because the Boy Wonder, L’il Miss and their parents will be staying in ours. Mine.

It works well, this arrangement. No money exchanges hands, just a favour, as members of their family use mine at Christmas - a reciprocal arrangement.

dragonfly46 Thu 06-Aug-26 07:58:14

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Up bright and early today for the Severn Trent engineer and hoping we don’t have a leak.
Optician this afternoon for 6 monthly checkup.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

ginny Thu 06-Aug-26 07:55:43

Good morning from N.Bucks where the sun is shining but there is a cool breeze. We did have a small shower yesterday but I musty have blinked and missed it.
latedecember hope your little chap is ok this morning. Our DGS is recovering well, it is amazing how quickly they bounce back.
HopeR&L is resting and improving.
Today. DH and I are off to an historic house somewhere around Peterborough and will have a meal on the way home.
DH will probably drop me at choir as we almost pass the door. I’ll return with my singing friend.
Wishing all a good day especially all who are under par.

Marydoll Thu 06-Aug-26 07:50:13

Apologies, if this posts twice. My tablet keeps freezing.

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where it is 12°C, with even more rain forecast.
The weeds are having a field day!

I hope R&L is comfortable.

I had a very quiet day yesterday, getting up unusually late for me.
I decided to look for the missing balance bike for Babydoll, which DH said wasn't there. I found it in minutes, it was in plain sight.
I hosed it down and it looks as good as new.

There were quite a few toddler toys, baby walker, trike etc, which DH loaded into my car. It took only fifteen minutes for us to get to the charity shop and back home.
However, it has made little impact on state of the garage.🤣
Babydoll's parents messaged to say, that they will come and help with the cull. DIL loves a good rummage. ♥️
It used to be so organised, but our failing health has nade it difficult to keep on top of things.

Another quiet day is planned, apart from tidying the linen cupboard, which is also my present cupboard. It's like going shopping, I always find things I have forgotten about.

I wish you all a pleasant day and you have a great day with your family. GG

Greyduster Thu 06-Aug-26 07:46:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where it is very cool, overcast and breezy this morning. I have no idea whether we had rain in the night. I suspect not.

Yesterday’s writers group was good fun. I had produced a tongue in cheek poem that went down well. My output has been rather sparse recently so it was good to get something down on paper.

I am not going to my usual walking group this morning. GS is coming over to have breakfast with me - full English for him; a poached egg for yours truly - before he goes off to play golf with his dad and two uncles. I am greatly looking forward to seeing him.

Hope R&L is recovering nicely from her op💐.

Have the best day you can, folks.

Gelisa Thu 06-Aug-26 07:43:08

Good morning from a cloudy, breezy wet Morecambe Bay.
Phew GMattie I was exhausted just reading about your day. I don’t know how you do it. Look after that ankle!
DH is much better so I’ll leave him today and travel down to help DS 2 to clean and sort out his “new” house.
DH says he’s up to walking CDog and taking him to the groomers so I don’t need to cancel my plans.
Thinking of all with cares and ill health. Take care. 🌸

brook2704 Thu 06-Aug-26 07:40:29

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s grey and cloudy, it’s stopped raining eventually after loads of rain in the last 24 hours
Pleased the FAB cafe is such a success gMattie but goodness you work so hard!
Nothing much planned today, there’s lots of housework to keep me busy. DD2 and family are travelling to Cambridge today to visit DD1, I do hope they all get on, they’re both so different with very different parenting styles, otherwise I’ll be stuck in the middle!
Fingers crossed for tomorrow Gingster
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Liberty Thu 06-Aug-26 07:37:31

Good morning from a bright sunny Suffolk after a much more pleasant cooler day yesterday. Not a drop of rain here and none in the forecast either. Walking through the garden to the gate to the track it’s like autumn with the crunchy brown leaves from the ash trees.

Off to my stretch class as usual on Thursdays and the DDinL is coming for lunch with their 3 children ranging in age from 20 to 12. It will be a sandwich and quiche type meal as the idea of hot food at present,particularly during the day doesn’t appeal and the DGC will eat whatever’s offered.

Hope R&L is comfortable and relaxed and thinking of others whose health is suffering especially in this great heat.

BlueSapphire Thu 06-Aug-26 07:37:02

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞 (again!) Northampton, but expected to be a lot cooler at 21°C.

My little cat's scan went well yesterday, with re-assuring news that nothing sinister was found. All they found was a full stomach, even though I had starved her pre-scan; it appears that her stomach is not emptying efficiently which accounts for her not being hungry; all other tests were fine, but just waiting for one more result to come back today.
I have medication to give her which is going to be fun as I need to mix it into her food and if she is not really hungry... I can but try... She refused food yesterday evening, and spent the whole time curled up in her carry-basket.

I spent a good couple of hours yesterday morning trying to sort out my BT account which I've been unable to access since May; it refused to accept username and password and I couldn't get in. After a phone call to BT and much trial and error on my part, it appeared that I'd unwittingly changed my username somewhere along the line; once I'd realised this and put the new one in it all worked and I could see my account!

A few household tasks to do this morning, early lunch and then the hairdressers this afternoon. I shall then pop to Sainsbury's to return the underwear I'd bought last week (didn't fit properly), and get a 50th birthday card for a party I'm going to on Saturday. I shall probably also look for a nice steak for the weekend.

Bolognese for dinner tonight, home-made from the freezer.

Hope Roses is ok.

Wishing all a pleasant cooler day.

monk08 Thu 06-Aug-26 07:36:44

Good morning all from the Black country.
A lot cooler today just hung some washing out and it's very windy shouldn't take long to dry so it will be ironing later.
Think DH is planning for us to eat out again so no cooking.
Hope the little chap is better when he wakes lateDecember.
Thinking of Roses
Hope Madeleine is feeling a little better today.
Have a good day everyone, virtual hugs where needed 😎