Many years ago one of my students wrote that the astronomer circumcised (instead of circumscribed) the moon. Another one maintained that the paralysed man (biblical story) climbed onto the roof. ???
Microsoft can be to blame though. I have had it change their to there, and despite my having default English, I get corrections to US spelling. My favourite was changing the name of a concrete jungle school from Bushfield (bad enough) to Beautified.
Back to school has put out the latest batch of stationary offers.
A few years ago now a council sign was erected directing coastal path walkers to Mavagissey ( it should be Mevagissey for those not familiar with the Cornish town)
There is (or was) an ice cream manufacturer somewhere in the West Country whose posters for their products were accompanied by text that described their happy cattle 'wondering' around the fields.
The poster was on the wall in a cafe near where I live, and every time I looked at it I couldn't help wandering wondering if I was the only person who ever noticed things like that. Now I know that I'm not.