Congratulations to your DGD Grammaretto. 🏅
Any ARC readers available for a cosy UK Chick Lit novel?
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
Good Morning Everyone ,
Its twilight and dry here in Brackley with the start of a warm but sunny day.
Plans , usual trip into Bicester hopefully chat to some people I know.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick
Congratulations to your DGD Grammaretto. 🏅
Good morning all, it is 15°, with even more rain forecast.
I hope R&L is comfortable and the operation went well.
Yesterday, was a gentle day, I was suffering after my fall. DH was so concerned, he offered to do the shopping on his own or accompany me to Sainsbury's. He must have been worried.
He is extremely anxious about his procedures on Friday, his behaviour is slightly bizarre to say the least, it is really unsettling. 😪
I was sitting in the conservatory last night, when I heard the doorbell ring; by the time I got to the door, Dollie and her parents, had let themselves in. What a lovely surprise. ♥️
They rarely visit in the evening, due to work commitments, so it was a delightful surprise.
I cannot decide, which one of us they came to check up on. 😉
Dollie was glued to her phone for most of the time and has developed a slight attitude!
Her daddy will soon sort that out. 🤣
I plan to stay in and rest for the next few days, I feel unwell and unsteady on my feet.
I may venture into the depths of the garage to look for Dollie's elusive balance bike, to give to Babydoll. There is also lots of baby equipment to go to the charity shop. Hopefully that will make a dent in the unwanted goods.
Every time, I try and organise some semblance of order, DH rearranges things.
I can never find anything.🤬
Baubles, I always thing your hair is lovely!
Wishing you all a pleasant day and safe journey to Olddudders
Good morning all.
It’s my dgd5 birthday today.12 yrs old going on 18.. ‘ sweet as sugar but feisty as fire’. Like most of the girls today, ❤️
Yesterday was busy and made tiresome with the heat. I walked to have my pedicure and back. I have a sore place under my little toe and my pedicurist said it’s a corn, so I’ve ordered plasters and a pad. All this walking!!!. Is it doing me good or wearing me down!
Handy man came to finish off the wall, painted and looking fresh but he put up the new picture where Dh told him to and now , with the tv in front, it’s too low! Wish I’d been here! 🙄.
Bridge was enjoyable with lots of cakes, which went down well. It was my birthday treat as well as someone’s delicious home baked brownies. We all took some home.
E mail from solicitor with annoying last minute instructions which I will question. I’m not a natural disputer and like to keep things amicable, and stress free, but this has to be done, with dh in the background prompting me 😬. He was a great one for arguing the toss. 🤣.
I’ll meet my friend for coffee, go to the bank and M and S and have a wander around the market. Dh is going out for lunch with his old pal.
Love and best wishes to Rosesandlilac.💐
Get well hopes for all those ‘under par’. 💐.
Take care all, especially you, Marydoll. 🌺
Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Sunny and windy.
I slept badly again.
House worries mainly.
DGD passed her first public exams with straight As. Clever girl. I sent her a card.
My helper and I took 3 car loads to the tip and made an impact on one small storage area.
Today is yarn group, community lunch and a going away party this evening for a friend and neighbour who's moving to Fife.
Thinking of Rosesandlilac . Hope she is comfortable.
Wishing everyone some rain who needs it.
Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry bright start to the day
A very Happy Birthday to your DH Gagagran
Hoping roses has had a comfortable night and is starting her recovery well
Today is more or less a repeat of yesterday with the gym etc. but I’ll also be out this evening at a dance class. It’s all good fun and sociable and keeps me busy too
Safe travels to your DH Ash and everyone on the move today
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐
Morning from a cloudy S Hants, no rain forecast, we missed the brief shower yesterday. My daughter with granddaughter came and cooked us lunch yesterday, a lovely couple of hours.
Library this morning, I must have a book on the go, chicken something for dinner.
Safe journey oldudders, a happy birthday to Mrgagagran and a gentle hug for R&L
Good morning Mick and everyone from grey Carlisle where we may get a shower but are forecast wind...that's what I hate, anything but wind!
Yesterday it had rained in the early hours but stopped around 9. The ground looked decently wetted and my plants are looking happier.
I didn't do any gardening or go for a walk, my strained calf muscle seems to have stopped recovering plus my whole body seems to be stiffening up again so I suspect I will not be getting shot of the steroids. I'm getting in touch with the docs today as the hospital is planning to go ahead with the anti osteopenia infusion and I'm concerned that my body won't cope with all this interference.
Today, bathroom and kitchen cleaning plus a little odd job or two. I'd like to try going for a stroll but we'll see. I don't think sitting about all day is good for one.
I hope all is good for RosesandLilac and she is soon up and about again.
Enjoy the day everyone if you can.
Good morning from a partially cloudy Wiltshire. I thought we would get some rain yesterday as some part of our region did getaaa soaking but there was not a drop here. Even the brown areas of grasss are disappearing into dust. It’s very worrying.
I did tackle the ironing mountain yesterday. DH ironed 3 duvet covers. Then I had a cull of the airing cupboard. Many sheets were disposed of as we now both have Simba hybrid mattresses which are much deeper. Also towels too.
Thinking of R&D today. 🌺 I hope your cat’s scan is ok BlueSapphire.
I hope Olddudders has a seamless journey back to France.
I know that feeling only too well GB. I’ve no idea why these last 2 GCs of ours are so much naughtier than the others.
Have good day everyone.
Good morning from the,for now,usual sunny Suffolk after an exhausting humid day yesterday. I’m hoping it is a bit fresher today.
DD1, who lives near Bristol phoned on her way home from work as she usually does and suddenly said ‘It’s raining and I’ve had to put the windscreen wipers on!’. The rain lasted only a minute or so.
I have a Teams meeting this morning and then must go shopping as DinL is coming for lunch tomorrow with the 3 DGC. I have bags of frozen blackberries for them to take home and I hope they will pick some of the ripe apples. The windfalls are enjoyed by muntjacs which drift into the garden.
Hope R&L has had a comfortable night and has effective pain relief to manage today.
Good morning from sunny Stockport, it seems so strange to be saying that day after day.
Yesterday was slightly cooler but not much.
My S is on two weeks holiday and thankfully seems to be doing lots of clearing out, his part of the house needed it.
Hopefully next week he will take the two boys to stay with their older sister in North Wales.
It is a very complicated family situation!!
I am expecting my friend and neighbour for coffee this afternoon, I had decided to cut down our time together but she is very lonely and I feel some sadness for her.
She also isn’t well, two strokes, atrial fibrillation and CKD.
I hope R&L is comfortable this morning.
Best wishes for a decent day to you all.
Good morning everyone. Broken cloud here in mid Essex, it feels cool outside but that’s because it’s still very warm indoors.
Yesterday was hot, despite the breeze. I went for my usual walk and met up with one of my dog walking friends. Another friend is in hospital having had a hip replacement on Monday.
I visited my dementia friend in the afternoon, as usual her DH hadn’t opened any windows, although the fan was on.
I need to walk to the pharmacy to collect my prescription but nothing else planned.
I hope rosesandlilac ‘s operation went well yesterday and that she is comfortable today.
ash safe journey to your DH.
bluesapphire I hope that your cat’s scan doesn’t show anything too nasty and that she can receive suitable treatment.
gagagran I hope your DH has an enjoyable birthday today.
grandmabatty it sounds as though yesterday was a real challenge to your patience with your DGS’s! Enjoy your recovery day today, don’t overdo things!
My thoughts are with all those who are poorly or have worries about health or other issues and hoping life is kinder to you today.
Have as good a day as is possible today.
Good morning from my breezy, deliciously cool patio where there are some promising clouds scudding by. R&L I hope you're comfortable.
A huge seal appeared on a nearby beach, stretched out seemingly dead, oh dear. The council erected a cordon around it. Later it slithered back into the sea. Apparently it's a very bad-tempered old chap and and the cordon was to keep us safe. Funny that we all assumed it was dead when it was only having some rest and relaxation. 
Today I'm off to see the Minions movie with my youngest son and his brother's children, aged 9 and 10, who we look after on Wednesdays in the holidays. Before that I must put out several bags of goodies to be collected by a local charity.
Good morning from damp South Lanarkshire.
Another sleepless night, 3.00 am for me Harri, same reason.
Thinking of R&L this morning.
We have been considering buying new television set for many months and I had done a fair amount of research so yesterday we decided to bite the bullet. The screen is bigger but I’ll get used to that as the picture quality is so much better as is the sound. I’m pleased with it, can’t remember how many years we’ve had the old one, will have to decide what to do with it.
I have a consultation with a new hairdresser this morning, he has very good reviews and my hair has a tendency to get a bit wild and needs a good cut, will see how I feel about him before I make an appointment.
Have the best day possible everyone.
Good morning from a bright W Kent. I shall be visiting my friend this morning as she is still stuck indoors after her foot operation.
DD1 and SIL are back with us tonight for a short while.
Hoping all has gone to plan for R&L
Safe travels and appointments
Good morning from a cooler breezy Morecambe Bay. I was leaving the osteopath yesterday and opened the door to exclaim “it’s pouring down!” It was such a surprise after weeks of dry weather. It was dry by the time I reached home. When I got home I found DH feeling very unwell. I checked his temperature and it was 102! I only have an old thermometer with imperial markings but the mercury was right up the tube. He got in touch with the surgery and was seen immediately! A chest infection was diagnosed. I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly as we are away again next week. He seems to have had a reasonable night so 🤞🏻.
I hope all goes well at the vets Bluesaphire and a simple explanation is found.
I will get up and make us some tea then I’ll take Crazy dog out. I have a hair appointment this afternoon but other than that hopefully a quiet day is in store. Take care🌸.
Good morning all from a cloudy and overcast North Leicestershire. There is no rain in the forecast though.
Our ckeaner is due this morning and DH will escape to the gym. I need to iron and then we are visiting DD3.
Yesterday was entertaining as the car was playing silly games. DH was doing a hospital drive and had just dropped the patients off when the car wouldn't start. After a while it did. It is 2 years old and has done this 3 times now. The garage can find no cause. It is quite stress inducing.
Hoping we hear from R&L.
Happy birthday Mr Gagagran 🎂🎉🍺
Good morning from dry and cooler s somerset, no rain here
Nothing on the back boiler today, just sourdough baking right now. Maybe I will hunt out some fabric from my stash for a Valerie dress by Forget me not. I have assembled the pattern and made two of her other garments previously, very concise and careful sewing required but tbh I do feel like having a difficult project which will take more than a few days
First I need a cycle ride and will also visit my allotment, I want to rake chopped green stuff in, so the soil is ready for me to plant some winter green manure in a couple of weeks but only in a couple of beds
Dusting is needed downstairs today, I have seen it so I will do it
I do hope Roses has had a good night and has started her recovery
Good morning all. A very cool breeze here at the moment but it will warm up.
A long time friend’s daughter let me know yesterday that she hadn’t gone into respite care for a few weeks. She has Parkinson’s and dementia and has deteriorated rapidly over the last few months. I suspect the care may be permanent. Luckily she will still be local so I and other friends will be able to visit.
Today I’ll be doing some baking and afterwards a few jobs to do in the garden. I also have a hair appointment. I’d like something a bit different but no idea what. WI meeting this evening.
Wishing a good day for everyone.
Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 14° and looks damp. Yesterday was a day of very heavy rain. Ashcombe safe journey to France for your dh. BlueSapphire I'm wishing all the best for your little cat. Harrigran I hope you feel better soon.
Yesterday was a challenging day with dgs2, mainly over ipad use. Lots of slamming doors and shouting. To make matters worse, the soft play was fully booked so he couldn't get in. Then he fell asleep and I woke him because we had to pick up his brother. Dgs1 was very unhappy i hadnt brought him a snack and let me know it. It was not a great grandparenting day for me yesterday. Dsil was cross with them and had words with the boys which made me feel bad too. We all got over it and ended up pals again.
Today is my recovery day! I will potter about and enjoy the peace. I might clean the windows and other surfaces. There are lots of little fingermarks on my wardrobe doors. Have a good day all.
Morning all from West Oxfordshire. We had about 10 seconds of rain yesterday. Apparently another heatwave is on its way!
Our gardener came yesterday. There was little she could do apart from trim a hedge. She said nothing was growing and the last significant rainfall was probably back in May.
I had a nice afternoon with friends.
It is the monthly WI coffee morning in the Village Coffee shop. It is a good opportunity to chat to those ladies I don’t know very well.
I hope all went well with R&L and that she’s comfortable.
Have a good day.
Good Morning all from a cloudy central south coast. We had a surprising shower after lunch yesterday but it didn't last long enough to provide all the rain we need. It does feel a bit less humid though, which is welcome.
Thoughts yesterday and first thing this morning were of Roses and I think we are all sending best wishes and hopes for a swift recovery to her. 
We had a very nice lunch across the road in our lovely cafe/restaurant after DH had returned from taking his hearing aid in for servicing. It has a failed battery so has to be sent away and it will be some time before it is returned. I think that is totally unsatisfactory but he is as passive as ever and just accepts what they say.
It is his birthday today (84) and he is going out with his cycling club hence our celebratory lunch yesterday. I have a list on the agenda, starting with the cleaners coming to work their magic.
May today bring relief to strugglers and those with worries or health issues. Safe journey to travellers too.
Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a bright, still South Yorkshire. If it rained overnight, as expected, there is no evidence of it☹️.
Yesterday I went to a local retail outlet attached to a large garden centre to buy a sugar thermometer and also came away with a rather posh bread knife🙃. It has a blade sheath. The lady at the counter asked me, smilingly, if I was over eighteen. I said well, there will be an eight in there shortly and was that okay? I bought a pair of shoes from another shop and a pie from the food hall, which was probably a huge mistake as it’s a very small pie that takes an hour to cook and will probably be style over substance! I shouldn’t be let out really😂!
The first batch of jam has turned out to be very good. I shall make more before the end of the week. Hopefully the thermometer will take the anxiety out of whether the set is right or not.
Writers group at the library this afternoon this afternoon.
Safe travels to OD, Ash.
Have the best day you can, folks.
Good morning from Sheffield
I had a lovely day with my daughter and grandchildren at the theme park yesterday. It was so hot though. We had a full day so I feel tired today.
I am working but it will be nice and cool and I love my work.
I shall relax this evening.
I hope Roses is ok and recovering
Take care everyone 
Good morning everyone from a sunny 🌞 Northampton, set to be a bit cooler today.
Up earlier than usual as I have an early appointment at the vets with one of the cats.
Took her yesterday as she has been off her food - after a thorough examination the vet could feel a small mass in her bowel, so she is going in today for a scan and further investigations under sedation. Poor girl, keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing too serious.
Yesterday afternoon I went to print off her insurance paperwork only to find my printer was off line and try what I could I had no luck in trying to get it back again - I am going to have to get DS or DS-in-law to look at it for me.
Rang the pet insurance company and asked them to email everything to me but so far they haven't.
Then I installed the insurance app onto my phone and everything is on there, so I hope that will do.
Going to have to keep myself busy today, so will clean the bathrooms and bedrooms, which I had planned to do on Monday but didn't get round to.
A Sainsbury's delivery is planned for mid-day and then I should be able to pick the cat up from the vet late afternoon. I am so grateful to my lovely neighbour for the ferrying around. I tried DS but he has been working and today they are off to Bournemouth for their annual few days away.
Trust all went well for Roses 🌹 yesterday; she was in my thoughts.
Wishing all a pleasant and cooler day.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.