Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 3rd August 2026

(67 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 03-Aug-26 05:04:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight with the moon above but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Today, I have a Wiltshire Farms Ready meals delivery , so my day will governed by when it arrives .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Llamas99 Mon 03-Aug-26 22:17:16

Another 'lurker' here to wish the very best for RosesandLilac. She has inspired me with her courage and bravery to face her difficulties!

EVEOHA2602 Mon 03-Aug-26 20:21:11

🙏🏽❤️ for you Rosesandlilac -

Ziplok Mon 03-Aug-26 16:30:29

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow’s RosesandLilac.

Grannyme6 Mon 03-Aug-26 16:09:23

Wishing you well for tomorrow Roses.

Pigma Mon 03-Aug-26 16:03:09

RosesandLilac - another occasional lurker here.
I’ve been following your (lack of) progress over the weeks and greatly admire your strength and fortitude.
I will be thinking about you and wishing you well tomorrow along with all your pals on here and send all best wishes for a speedy recovery.

BlueSapphire Mon 03-Aug-26 15:58:39

Just wanting to wish Roses all the best for tomorrow - you will be in so many people's thoughts. xxx 💐💐

GrannyIvy Mon 03-Aug-26 15:48:18

Good afternoon I’m late to the thread today I’ve been out to a lovely big garden centre on the outskirts of Cambridge with DD2. She wanted a rose bush for her birthday and they had so many beautiful ones which we browsed in 32 degrees! Had a lovely lunch and now I’m enjoying my garden.

Just wanted to say all the very best to Roses&Lilac for tmrw.

Thorntrees Mon 03-Aug-26 15:41:11

A lurker sending best wishes to Roses and Lilac.

Grannmarie Mon 03-Aug-26 13:32:54

Hello 👋, RosesandLilac, I'm another lurker just popping in to wish you well for tomorrow. Hoping and praying for your successful procedure and speedy recovery. 🙏💐

DianneAngel Mon 03-Aug-26 12:46:04

Roses and Lilac, another one who will be thinking of you tomorrow with fingers crossed, hugs

TheWeirdoAgain60 Mon 03-Aug-26 11:28:40

Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!

Michael12, I hope your Wiltshire meals are delivered soon so you don't have to be held hostage by the delivery times!

OMG, I'm so in love! Yesterday I went to Morrisons and found a ready meal I'd not had before. Cathedral City Macaroni Cheese, pasta in a cheese sauce topped with cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley, bunged in the microwave for 8 minutes and it was piggin' gorgeous! £4.25 well spent! Washed down with orange juice!

I've started re-watching Sledge Hammer! David Rasche was brilliantly hilarious as Sledge! The way he'd take his gun into the shower, or lay it on his pillow and lovingly talk to it! In one episode, ''Here's to you, Mrs Hammer'', his real wife, Heather Lupton, played Sledge's angry ex-wife, Susan!

I've decided that on my week off work, I'll book a single room in a Premier Inn in Worcester. It's been millions of years since I've been there!

I'm off my work break now!

See you all later!

Lona Mon 03-Aug-26 10:59:43

A morning lurker here, sending best wishes to Roses for tomorrow.

hollysteers Mon 03-Aug-26 10:15:11

Good morning from Sunnyside sandhills northwest coast. A utilitarian day yesterday apart from sketching. DD is here and visited old school friend with a new kitten, whilst I cleaned out my car for its MOT tomorrow. Fingers crossed it gets through as it’s seventeen years old. It suits me, it’s small and I’m fond of it, but know it can’t go on for ever.

I’m having an old window and front door replaced. The company come today to give a quote. I’m glad my DD is here as she’s the practical one and I’m arty farty.
More family arrive tomorrow, so I’ll prep for that.

Thoughts to RosesandLilac and all👍
Sketch from yesterday.

madeleine45 Mon 03-Aug-26 10:01:50

Good morning Michael and all GN's from a grey , still morning in North Yorkshire. We had been hoping for some rain as earlier in the morning , it really looked a possibility, but sadly not a drop and now temperature rising, so back to curtains closed etc.

I did not have a good night, and was coughing and struggling to sleep. About 5ish when it was cooler I decided to try to get myself moving and go out and have a bit of a walk. Promptly fell asleep again. Needed the sleep but now having to catch up with things.

Yesterday I was full of aches and pains, but slowly improved a bit in the afternoon. I am fiddling about learning all the bits on the remote control and the tv still seems too big, but will get used to it. Didnt go out anywhere but did actually cook myself a proper meal, and did extra potatoes, ready for some salad today. Went through the fridge and did a check on things and sorted it out, and all washing up done and put away so that at least one room looked tidy.

Tried to cautiously move old tv, but realised that it will have to wait until cleaners or someone comes to get rid of it, and need to check up on what is happening at the waste place. You used to be able to go whenever, but then they cut down days and did different things , so dont want to go and get turned away. I made a half hearted effort to sort out the airing cupboard, but gave up and listened to the radio and read, ignoring the piles of paperwork that I need to check and sort out. Decided that I must make a great effort today, and now with the weather keeping me indoors, I have no excuse but to make a start. !

I have been reading your posts and wish you all the best RosesandLilac for tomorrow. Marydoll , it drives you mad when your good ideas or ways of sorting problems out are claimed by the men, but never mind your friends here recognise the brains in the party! It will have been a bit of a shock for your son to see his dad in that moment, but hopefully it will help them to recognise what you have been telling them for some time.

I wish everyone a good day and success with their plans. May we all have a bit of a downpour soon,

LadyGracie Mon 03-Aug-26 09:56:07

Wishing you well tomorrow Roses I’ve been following your journey these past months. 💐

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Mon 03-Aug-26 09:34:35

You’ll be on high doh today and this evening Roses. Another here wishing you well with a reassuring outcome by your surgeon.

GrannySomerset Mon 03-Aug-26 09:17:20

Waiting for the garage to collect my car to fit a part which will make the windscreen wipers work again, ordered three weeks ago. Will be glad to know everything is then in full working order.

A fairly empty week ahead after a very solitary weekend as friends and neighbours are all away. Am dutifully watering numerous pots and hoping everything survives my care until their owners come home. No rain in our forecast for the foreseeable future so watering cans it is but only for the essential pots. Am reminded of 1975 when a very scorched and sad garden eventually sprang back to weedy life once the rain came.

Thinking of Roses and anyone else with worries.

Grannydaisy1 Mon 03-Aug-26 09:14:00

r&l best wishes for tomorrow. I will be thinking about you

aggie Mon 03-Aug-26 09:11:01

Good Morning from an overcast Co Armagh
A Lidl shop this am
I’m told the raised bed needs sorting , it is overgrown, but I’m going to take out my hearing aids , I can do nothing right at the best of times , but trying to wrestle out fruit bushes and listen to directions ? ……….
Thinking of Roses tomorrow and wishing her the very best outcome 💐

ReturningFromExile Mon 03-Aug-26 08:52:34

All best wishes Rosesandlilac for tomorrow, and for the poor little chap who fell off his cycle! Pleasantly warm at present in the South-West but forecast is hotter later in the day.

dragonfly46 Mon 03-Aug-26 08:44:57

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

I thought my back was cured at the weekend but sadly it is back this morning. I am seeing the osteopath this afternoon.

The gardener is coming today I also need to ring the water board as ou bill has doubled in the last 3 months I am hoping we don’t have a hidden leak!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Rosesandlilac.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Marydoll Mon 03-Aug-26 08:34:31

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 12C and damp.

I am another fan of real Turkish Delight, but it must be rose flavour. We have a little greengrocer, who sells it. As for the commercial one, sold here, I can force that down too. 😂

Yesterday we had a surprise visit from DD and SIL, laden with produce from their garden. They are off on holiday, complete with SIL's extremely large telescope. After weeks of no dishwasher, I asked if SIL could help DH pull it out, to try a trick, I saw on You Tube.
DH was insisting, we buy a new one,but I was sure the flood defense had kicked in, due to a blocked drain.
I came back to find, they couldn't get the machine out, it was screwed in.
However, unknown to DH, I have been putting down drain cleaner in the sink, over the last few weeks. On Friday, I put the drain cleaner directly into the machine itself, I had nothing to lose.
I couldn't believe it, when I yester afternoon, having one last try, I heard the sweet sound of it draining and then running through a cycle. Later, did an intensive wash, with soda crystals, it ran like a dream.
I am waiting for DH to acknowledge my genius, insisting it was down to SIL and himself. Grrr!
I have saved myself hundreds of £s and am consider setting up a repair business.😂

Later. Just as I was having my lunch, Babydoll arrived with DS2. I heard her, calling for me, before I saw her. ❤️
She was stuck to me, like glue, the whole time.
I gave her an real fruit ice lolly,( being healthy) while I had a chocolate mint one.
This three year old, a smart cookie, offered a taste of her lolly, if I gave her a taste of mine.
She opened her mouth wide and half my delicious lolly disappeared into her mouth. 😂

We really need to clear our garage, so I suggested, as our childminding days are, over, DS take Dollie's scooter and garden toys home with them. I was sure there was a balance bike, but I cannot find it. #One happy wee girl.

DS spotted his old school bag, which DH had been using for storing rubbish, tools, he felt quite nostalgic.
We have huge folding, platform ladders, which DS spotted and asked to borrow.
Later, I messaged him and quietly told him to keep them. DH's lumberjackng days are over!

DIL had been at B&M and had joined us. We were chatting, when I looked at DH, he was very pale and totally absent. It lasted only a few seconds and he was totally unaware it had happened,
DS noticed it too and for the first time, one of my children realised, how unwell his dad is.

I was another, who was industrious in the kitchen.
I was trying to persuade DH to eat and made chicken breast, with stuffing and sausage meat, wrapped in puff pastry, acompanied by potatoes from DD's garden.. This was folowed by Eton mess.
l was delighted, when DH ate most of it.

DH wants to come to Mass this morning, he is becoming increasingly anxious about his procedures on Friday and his own mortality.
That's my trip to Matalan scuppered!

I wish you all a pleasant day.

Love to Roses.

GrandmaC47 Mon 03-Aug-26 08:33:53

Best wishes for tomorrow, Roses 💐

cornergran Mon 03-Aug-26 08:23:04

Good morning All. A warm, sunny day ahead here. We plan an hour or two day by the sea wall in the breeze.

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow roses. You’re as organised as it’s possible to be. Will be looking out for reports of your progress. X

Have the best day you can everyone. .

mamaa Mon 03-Aug-26 08:10:18

Good Morning all, usually a reader of the GM thread who rarely posts but just wanted to add my best wishes too for Roses and hope all goes well tomorrow with the procedure. 🌹🪻xx