Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 1st August 2026

(53 Posts)
Usedtobeblonde Sat 01-Aug-26 05:31:25

Good morning from Stockport.
Very little sleep again, I seem to be managing on less every week.
Yesterday the temperature was better for me, in fact I closed some small windows which have been open for weeks
I am pleased you are getting over your fall grandMattie it can really shake us up as we get older.
Gardeners come today but there is little for them to do apart from removing dead plants, the lawns haven’t grown at all.
Have a good day everyone.

grandMattie Sat 01-Aug-26 05:08:42

White 🐇🐇🐇
Good morning from a clear, dawning Bristol. It would appear that the days are already getting shorter. Still no rain, none forecast.
I was given several lbs of rhubarb from the vicar’s allotment, so made several people very happy. What was left, I stewed with oranges and ginger for myself.
Today, I’m serving coffee. The church now looks very smart with its heating chandeliers and just heaters in the aisles.
My ankle is almost painless but still very swollen and starting to show some spectacular bruising. I’m being very kind to it, with cold packs and elevation.
May you all have a happy weekend. Carpe diem 🐦‍🔥🦩🦩

Michael12 Sat 01-Aug-26 04:56:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but it remains dry.
Todays plans an early bus to Bicester , have a coffee and a snack shop and hopefully chat to those I know.
This afternoon watch the female version of the Tour De France on TV ,which starts in Lake Geneva are of Switzerland .
Health OK ,
Take Care,
Mick