Gransnet forums

Chat

Problem with courier from Amazon.

(69 Posts)
Alie2Oxon Sun 26-Jul-26 14:33:23

Does anyone know what I do, when the courier (EVRI) sends me an email to say:
'They've tried to deliver my package but there was an issue'

- and their answer on their phone number (when I finally found the number and put in the right reference) was:
'It's been delivered'.

No it hasn't. It's taken me two hours to find all this and several internet sites. It is NOT here.
I have put a notice on my door specifically for them; to say
RING THE BELL
Apart from that I'm stumped.

Grandmafrench Mon 27-Jul-26 18:47:00

Seems that the BBC exposé - Where’s my Parcel ? - broadcast last December, has resulted in a huge lawsuit by Evri because they allege their business has since suffered so much loss! They were always rubbish.

Olderthanidlike Mon 27-Jul-26 18:30:47

I've had that message from evidence before and they've delivered the parcel the next day.

BlueBelle Mon 27-Jul-26 18:30:12

My last delivery was perfectly able to go through the letterbox, but not realising how big it would be I left a note on the door, to leave with my neighbour giving house number etc on the note
I got a knock on the door, by the time I d got to the door he was taking a photo of my package left under a plant!!!!

polly123 Mon 27-Jul-26 18:07:58

Even if you opt for a safe place delivery, it is ignored by Evri who drop and run, sometimes they don't even ring the bell. Then they ask for feedback!

Dreadwitch Mon 27-Jul-26 17:39:03

Go to amazon, tell them it's saying delivered but you haven't received it, they'll refund you.

Alie2Oxon Mon 27-Jul-26 17:30:05

Another one - says 7-9 this evening delivery.

And I wanted to go to bed early!

Warmglovesandsocks Mon 27-Jul-26 17:29:40

I can’t comment on EVRI but I’ve never had any trouble at all with Amazon. I think they’re great. If I have a problem I ring them up, speak to a human being and everything is sorted ASAP.

Alie2Oxon Mon 27-Jul-26 17:26:29

I'm now getting messages about this - but also that it should be delivered today, late.
I'm not answering until I know it's here.

Thisismyname1953 Mon 27-Jul-26 17:16:59

Our couriers have been great, both Amazon and Evri . I give them 5 star reviews every time .

TanaMa Mon 27-Jul-26 15:35:58

My experience of Evri is nothing short of appalling!! Photos that are supposed to be proof of delivery could be anywhere, but not at my address. Some have been of the parcel on the courier's lap inside his vehicle!! I am still trying to trace, or get a refund, for a parcel 'delivered to my porch'!! I do not have a porch!! A dreadful Company!

Grandmotherto8 Mon 27-Jul-26 15:30:44

Annoying but I have to say my Amazon couriers are fantastic as are my EVRI ones. I used online delivery instructions - I've got a large metal parcel safe - and sometimes I put out a handwritten card if the box is going to be big. In 10+ years at my current house nothing has gone missing and nothing ever stolen - and I buy everything online!

libra10 Mon 27-Jul-26 15:09:49

Our local Facebook page is excellent for parcels which fail to be delivered.

When an incorrect parcel is delivered in the neighbourhood, a picture is posted, and it can be checked to see who is the correct customer.

It works quite well.

alita Mon 27-Jul-26 14:40:35

I always go straight to Amazon, and press the button that says ring me. That's the fastest way to sort things out and they are always very helpful. Who they choose to make the delivery is nothing to do with you, they make a contract with a delivery company, not you. You shouldn't waste your time talking to Evri. I think because Amazon are so big, they just want these little things sorting out quickly, and so they go for the most helpful solution.

Mojack26 Mon 27-Jul-26 14:32:57

I have a notice on my door and they just ignore it! Amazon customer Service is good but coyrier still ignores it snd all instructions on safe place same as Evri

Quizzer Mon 27-Jul-26 14:32:13

I believe it is Amazon’s legal responsibility to deliver goods that you have purchased. Go back to them and explain that the item has gone astray.

polnan Mon 27-Jul-26 14:26:16

Back to the first page here, MISS ADVENTURE, (NOT shouting just writing in block capitals so you see me here Miss Adventure..

you have it in one, you have to be persistent! don`t let the b`......s beat us.

Alison333 Mon 27-Jul-26 14:04:44

Evri are dreadful. Ours seem to rely on Sat Navs.

This means when they reach the postcode, the parcel is 'delivered' by leaving it at the first available front door. They don't appear to be able to read house numbers.

Time2 Mon 27-Jul-26 14:04:37

My usual Evri driver is so good, that while he's been in hospital over the last 2 weeks, I've actually been texting him to see how he's getting on. Only a couple of months ago my DH went into hospital unexpectedly, and because I'm disabled I struggle to get to the shops for the odd things like a pint of milk, but Chris, my Evri driver, gave me his number, and told me to just drop him a text with a note of what I needed, and he'd pick it up and drop it off to me, as he's in my road most days. Just goes to show that it's not actually the company to blame, but the people they employ for deliveries. I'm just now praying that Chris is able to come back!

pen50 Mon 27-Jul-26 14:04:21

My last delivery from Evri was marked "left in garage" (we don't have one) with a picture of it dumped outside somebody else's front door. Luckily I recognised it as a neighbour's and was able to retrieve the package. I had been in all day...

What's also annoying is that we have a big parcel box by the side of the house with a note about it next to the doorbell - but half the delivery drivers ignore it and just leave the parcel by the front door.

suelld Mon 27-Jul-26 13:54:47

kittylester

Contact Amazon. Their customer services are really good. And your contract is with the vendor - in this case Amazon.

No it’s not! I’ve not been able to speak to a REAL person at Amazon for years. I had cause a couple of times to try to contact them and it’s a rigmarole to eventually get to a chat system, you are often sent round in circles.
But for the OP it’s unusual for Amazon to use EVRI, They have their own Couriers. I suppose if you have bought from a third party seller they might have used EVRI , but as a former third party seller there, Amazon move heaven and earth to get ou posting via their Couriers?

EmilyHarburn Mon 27-Jul-26 13:54:08

I have had trouble with Evri and amazon. I wanted to return an umbrella, amazon issued the QR code for e to go with the umbrella packed to the evris outlet to get it returned. The QR code issued by amaxon was imcomplete so the outlet could not sca it and accept it. I asked amazon for a new QR code, I received the same one, took it to a different outlet that takes Evri theycouldnt scan it. Long chat with amazon customer service who refused toadmit that as they had issues the ineffective incomlete QR code it was their roblem so in the end the tie for return ran out and I kept the umbrella in its box. It only cost £15 and I had wsted so much of my time and petrol money that I felt it was a lost cause. I was amazed that Amaxon customer service were so ineffective, as this is unusual. I hope this does not happen again.

cc Mon 27-Jul-26 13:53:19

We live on an estate and Evri sometimes just dump all the parcels for one building by its lift. I must admit that I would like to know in advance if the courier will be Evri so that I could order elsewhere.

Aveline Sun 26-Jul-26 20:14:31

Oh no. Just after reading this I had an email to say that 'Evri had my parcel' 🙁
Goodness knows when it'll arrive - if it arrives!

Plevey08 Sun 26-Jul-26 19:54:15

Reviews re Evri are pretty bad! Last year I recall they were voted the worst of them all. They did say they aim to improve.

Lovetopaint037 Sun 26-Jul-26 18:57:48

I was given a date of 20th July for an air cooler I ordered from Amazon to be delivered by Evrie. The tracking kept telling me it had left the courier but no sign of it. Yesterday it said they had no date for a delivery but would inform me if that changed. I messaged Evrie and a robot answered me. He said I couldn’t have a refund by Amazons A to Z guarantee as it could still be delivered. So decided to wait in case it turned up. Noticed the cooler was now £20 more than when I ordered it. Wondering if they hope to get a reorder.Probably not as I expect they are running a less than competent business. I hadn’t realised who was going to deliver. Won’t make a mistake again.