I am an "each to their own" person too, but find it disturbing that it causes so much family aggro and that sometimes brides become hugely demanding of others - e.g. a colour scheme for what everyone should wear - that seems OTT to me. It is not a west end show!
I am sure that the big business element is true. The job of big business is to manufacture demand.
By all means let people choose a big wedding over a house deposit - that is their choice - but maybe it is not necessary to make so many demands on guests - there is a real control element about this and the groom is seldom mentioned.
And they might spend a fortune and finish up like I did - my period started unexpectedly on the wedding day and I was worried that my colour scheme might include a bridal red streak! My wedding night was spent full of pain killers, clutching a hot water bottle and trying not to throw up. Oh joy!
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.


