I was addicted to Gransnet before I went to Spain for a week last month. When I came home the addiction had gone and I only came on for a look a couple of times a day. Then I started doing the odd post and now it's back to logging on every half hour when I'm in the house.
All my family know about Gransnet. For a start I'm always rushing off with the latest good joke. A friend sends me texts saying 'get off Gransnet now' (he's joking).
soop - thank you - we have had some wonderful comments from people who didn't know about GN before - but are looking forward to being a part of it now. Lovely!
Aren't you lot lovely...and thanks to those who actually coughed up the dosh and purchased the Lady. Also thanks to those who went to the trouble of reading the article [before returning well-thumbed mag to rack.] It's the thought that counts jings is right [for a change] Did we Grans really look as naff as the younger lady? I reckon I've still got a pair of those wicked sunglasses...and I did wear my hair in some very strange ne'er a hair out of place styles.
Lovely article soop, well done. I bought my copy in WHS having browsed the shelves for ages (amazing what is on offer these days) I then had to ask the sales lady if they stocked it (silly question really, in Harpenden) and there it was on another set of shelves! I only frequent Harpenden occasionally so am not au fait with the shop layout!
Well, I went out and bought my copy today! I did think about furtively reading the article and putting the mag back, but thought No! I've never read The Lady and it's about time I did.
Lovely, warm article, soop - if I wasn't a member of GN already I'd want to be one after reading that.
Thanks for appreciative comments Geraldine. And big to you lot for standing around supermarkets reading the article. All those fingered copies of the Lady sitting messily on the shelves! From time to time I'm asked to write something for the Lady. This time, I sent the copy and hoped for the best. Entire article was not printed. The editor has to make final decision based on how much space he can spare. The people in the retro pic are complete strangers to me. I submitted pic of Bags and me slurping but it was too late to be included . Under the Editor's letter, the pic is of my Nana and my son [when he was angelic!]
used to post pretty often.but now tend to be a bit of a lurker as been pretty busy with this that and the other.. (yes that is me sat in the corner keeping a beady eye on you all), but no doubt as the dark nights set in I shall creep out and have a few more posts..