Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you been doing to celebrate?

(2 Posts)
AlisonMA Mon 04-Jun-12 11:42:49

I wonder what you have been doing for the Jubilee apart from watching it on TV?

On Saturday we went to a 1950s party and won the quiz because DH remembered all the TV ads from that time. We got 100% which is rather worrying as he can't remember some things for 3 minutes now! Everything we ate was from that time: jelly with evaporated milk, chocolate cornflake cakes, butterfly cakes................

Yesterday our 'street party' was moved into a small room because it was persisting with rain but we all made the best of it and ate too much. I made the cake from last week's Sunday Times, a rectangular sponge covered in buttercream with raspberries and blueberries making the union flag. I'm running out of red, white and blue clothes now. Maybe going to the picnic in the park this afternoon and then we will be having a bonfire on the top of the Worcestershire Beacon tonight and I am trying to persuade DH to climb to the top with me.

What have you all done?

eGJ Mon 04-Jun-12 13:29:26

I'll wave to you from Herefordshire flagand hope you can see me from the Worcestershire beacon tonightAlisonMA We were in Edinburgh for the Silver Jubillee and the Queen lit the first beacon at Windsor (I think) when it was still daytime in Scotland!