Gransnet forums

Chat

For today

(57 Posts)
j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:33:38

Have a lovely day Your Maj.

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:36:26

Rachel de Tame did those flowers then. On the boat.

Nice.

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:34:31

She hasn't sat down at all has she? And, of course, if she doesn't, nobody else can. grin

She's got stamina, no mistake!

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:33:07

Charles still looks happy enough. grin

Ella46 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:31:02

Wouldn't you think that the organisers would have made some allowance for her age, even if she didn't want them too?

Gally Sun 03-Jun-12 17:30:16

Loved watching it on the telly in between sitting out in the sun (!) but am becoming slightly bored now - poor Queen, I think she is too and she doesn't look very warm either flag. I hope she's got a nice supper waiting for her then she can put her feet up and watch something good on the TV grin

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:28:29

There's still the boat with the band London Philharmonic to come. hmm

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:25:46

Can those boats not put their foot down a bit now.

Wills is starting to fidget.

Ella46 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:22:55

She will be sooo stiff tomorrow, but no let up for her! Prince Phil as well, he's no spring chicken! grin

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:20:15

I'm really starting to feel sorry for her now. This bit must be getting a bit boring as well as cold.

She's a game old bird lady.

Ella46 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:05:15

Poor Liz, she looks like she could really do with a cuppa with a slug of whisky in it! I hope she's got her thermals on.
Sorry Ma-am grin flag crown

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 15:31:42

Pity she can't read this!
But even I can't wave and type at the same time!

Perhaps that's what she's gone below decks for? To catch up on GN!

Ella46 Sun 03-Jun-12 15:27:08

Hear hear jeni She is a real star!

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 15:19:54

Couldn't agree more! And royalist or not, isn't nice to see how many people appreciate all she's done for us!

crown

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

flag

whenim64 Sun 03-Jun-12 14:57:38

I'm not a royalist at all, but the sight of this flotilla is stunning - brings the Canaletto to life. smile

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 14:56:14

crown

harrigran Sun 03-Jun-12 14:51:33

My sister lives in Germany and she is having a Jubilee party for her friends. Friends not expats I hasten to add but Germans who love English tea parties and all things royal. Well thre are quite a few German genes in the royal family smile flag

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 14:15:00

Ok we have Kate in red, HM in white, where's the blue?

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 14:11:39

I like the royal ladies outfits, particularly the red!

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 13:54:07

I'm watching as I type!

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 13:51:37

Well I am watching. of course. smile

Eating Sunday dinner in front of tv. An un-heard-of thing in this house usually!

Jacey Sun 03-Jun-12 12:48:45

Well ...food and drink sorted! crown
Tv programme thingy is set ...so don't miss the start crown
Have supplement to hand that identifies all the boats/barges in flotilla crown
And even have a real flag to wave crown
Am snug, warm and dry indoors ...would have loved to have been there crown

Who else is going to be watching? flag

glammanana Sun 03-Jun-12 12:37:03

j04 envy I wish that we lived closer so we could see the actual event.

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:59:19

Thanks jacey. Her friend has come over from America specially for it. I hope the weather clears up. Fingers crossed! smile

Jacey Sun 03-Jun-12 09:55:30

flag crown flag crown

Hope your daughter has a wonderful time flag I would have gone, if I still lived in London crown But will be watching the event on tv flag

AlisonMA Sun 03-Jun-12 09:53:57

Drizzling here in Malvern but that won't stop us all having a great party, just moving it from the street into the pub.

1950s party yesterday with appropriate food, I made the chocolate cornflake cakes! We won the quiz and the raffle too so came home feeling good.

Have a great day HRH and don't let the weather spoil it. This is what we do well in the UK.

jo4 how do you do that with the photos?