Gransnet forums

Chat

Summer has really arrived when..........

(54 Posts)
Greatnan Sun 03-Jun-12 07:08:41

you get out the electric fan and put your heavy trousers away.

goose1964 Wed 06-Jun-12 06:40:35

thew cats move outside - in the winter they rarely go out & in the summer thay only come in to eat

Annika Tue 05-Jun-12 21:20:31

Bags I am not the only person living in this house, and DH has this strange idea that he can put the TV on at any given time in the day, so sometimes when I am on the computer he has the TV on !

Bags Tue 05-Jun-12 19:29:23

Um... don't tellies have off switches nowadays, or volume controls? It would drive me insane to have a telly on "in the background".

Annika Tue 05-Jun-12 18:35:36

The tv is on in the background and all I can hear is.... the grunts and groans no not that , honestly your minds from the tennis players !!!

JessM Tue 05-Jun-12 16:18:32

Key to chastity belt - it must be that story about being a madam that drives them wild! Have a great time Jeni
Nice walk in the country park this morning and we saw a carpet of lily of the valley, which seems to be spreading rapidly. Dear little flowers - one of my grandmother's favourites. Got down on knees to try to sniff delicate scent.
Also first foxgloves - a real sign of summer.
So pleased to have a spring in my step again - 10 days ago I was dragging my feet around the woods down there. It is our nearest "bumpy bit" - a ridge of sandy soil rising our of the surrounding clayey plains.
Heading back into MK - saw a red kite hovering over our city boundary! They are getting here at last. Brilliant.

Bags Tue 05-Jun-12 15:42:48

Well, the sun did come out for a while and dispersed a few midges (only another fifty or so bites) so I got something done. Wish I didn't need to sit down with a cup of tea so often. Not a patch on Her Maj, me! grin

I do hope she and the DofE had a tea break while they were on that boat.

Bags Tue 05-Jun-12 13:14:08

How lovely, soop! I'm glad you saw the beacon and it was a good sunset smile

soop Tue 05-Jun-12 13:10:49

Bags last night, the village hall was full of people hitting out randomly and scratching arms, legs, ears. Outside the village hall, which is close to the burn, the midges were relentless in their pursuit for blood! We had a beacon on the top of Dunskeig. I couldn't climb up but we watched from our friend's garden and sipped Champagne. We saw the beacon well and truly ablaze and heard the distant skirl of pipes. The sunset was magical. It was a very special event.

Bags Tue 05-Jun-12 13:01:58

I want to be doing stuff in the garden but the midges are winning: Bags 0, Midges 300 sad

Butternut Mon 04-Jun-12 13:30:04

jeni, greatnan and jura - Hope you all have wonderful holidays. Enjoy!

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 13:25:57

IM PACKED. One case and a back pack for my scooter(practically empty!)

it doesn't feel right to have so little!

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 11:28:58

I work on the theory that so long as I have

1 tickets
2 passport
3 money
4 credit card
5 medication
6 spare pair of knickers
7 key to chastity belt

I can manage!

glammanana Mon 04-Jun-12 11:22:18

jeni the ship will be on the return journey by the time you pack,have you got a check list so you don't forget anything ? I would have to as I would be sooooo excited that I would leave things behind.confusedgrin

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 11:21:29

I have been known to still be packing when I'm leaving!
I HATE PACKING!

I procrastinate about procrastinating!

Bags Mon 04-Jun-12 11:19:46

jeni, greatnan, and jura, have fun! smile

Anagram Mon 04-Jun-12 11:18:43

You're cutting it a bit fine, jeni!

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 11:17:48

I'm thinking VERY HARD of packing!
I might start after lunch?

If I've decided what to take?confused

glammanana Mon 04-Jun-12 10:54:20

Enjoy your trip greatnan & granjura have a wonderful time.You will be missed whilst you are both away.Looking forward to the pic's when you get back.

Mamie Mon 04-Jun-12 10:17:48

Have a lovely holiday, Greatnan and Granjura. I will look after France for you (at least until Thursday when I go to England!). sunshine

Greatnan Mon 04-Jun-12 10:05:36

Thank you, ladies - I was thrilled when I found out jura likes snorkeling, as I usually have to do it alone.

Ella46 Mon 04-Jun-12 09:51:30

Greatnan here's to a lovely sunshine holiday wine for you and jura.
Send some sun back for us please, it's quite chilly here! smile

Jacey Mon 04-Jun-12 09:48:17

Have a wonderful time Greatnan sunshine

Greatnan Mon 04-Jun-12 09:47:08

Jubilation - juragran and I are off to Sharm tomorrow, where there is permanent sunshine!
It has rained heavily for two days - thank goodness it was nice and sunny last week when my sister was with me.

Jacey Mon 04-Jun-12 09:35:49

Yes ...had to put the heating on again last night ...and have fished out the duvet too! hmm

Bags Mon 04-Jun-12 09:09:14

How would they know, susie? wink