Why is it that there are certain words or phrases that I invariably type wrongly? As some of you know I spend the working days of my sad life writing cookbooks. I wish I had a pound for every time I have typed something along the lines of:
Mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and garlic in a bowel.
The other one I do frequently but only when I'm very tired is:
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened and gordon brown.
Bless all proof-readers everywhere.
I have also been known to spell my surname wrongly at the bottom of letters. It's my maiden name, for heaven's sake, I've had it for 60-odd years.
Does anyone else do this?
Gransnet forums
Chat
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »


I will go away and try to remember.
