Gransnet forums

Chat

Where do you keep your Computer/Laptop?

(50 Posts)
Annika Fri 11-May-12 22:56:33

In the sitting room by the window, so that I can see the raining streaming down the the windows and the wind blowing our neighbours blossom off their apple tree the sun !
DH has the laptop that moves around the house with him. grin

numberplease Fri 11-May-12 22:52:34

My laptop lives in it`s case, on the floor at the end of the settee, out of sight until it`s required, which is usually after lunch for a couple of hours, then maybe an hour or so at night.

Anagram Fri 11-May-12 22:50:50

Dining room table so I can look out of the window and watch the birds fly in and land on the feeding station and I can also stand up, if required, to scare off next door's cat! (Only because he lies in wait behind bushes to pounce...)

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 22:46:16

On the landing in my small office area...next to my laptop is the printer and the p.c.....I really,really want an I pad,as I have to keep coming upstairs to peep at GN and then housework downstairs keeps getting left ...thats my excuse anywaygrin

dorsetpennt Fri 11-May-12 22:42:14

Front room on the dining room table right by a large window - so I can see the computer world and the outside world!! Nosy neighbour dontcha know!

Faye Fri 11-May-12 22:31:07

My laptop is on the dining table, my iPad, kindly bought for me by my children is always with me at night, or in the kitchen if iI am following a recipe, and also if I am sitting on the couch. Last night I had my laptop on my bed as I was going to watch a film I had downloaded, my iPad was next to my bed recharging, my iPhone was nearby and I was watching television. I wonder if all that is healthy news headlines, Grandmother zapped in bed. confused.

nanachrissy Fri 11-May-12 22:15:35

My small laptop is always leaning against the side of the sofa that I'm sitting on. I never leave it on anything soft and combustible, since I read ages ago about some laptops bursting into flames when they overheated!
Better to be safe than sorry has always been my motto! grin

Maniac Fri 11-May-12 22:13:17

laptop on my dining table.or on my lap when I'm watching TV .

grannyactivist Fri 11-May-12 21:56:17

I have a computer and printer in the living room at the moment - they're due to return to the office when husband returns - and a laptop which 'travels' around the house with me; I often use it for teaching or I surf GN in the dining room or watch iPlayer in my bedroom. Today I was using both at once: printing out lesson plans in one room whilst listening (with my students) to the Clash singing 'Should I stay or should I go' on youtube. (The lesson was on the topic of giving advice. grin) I love the versatility of having both laptop and PC available for teaching.

Bez Fri 11-May-12 21:47:57

When I had the laptop it was mainly in they sitting room with me as DH in the room next door with the PC - poor laptop died when we were in France a couple of weeks ago - DH bought me an iPad - I think really as he didn't want to go back to sharing the PC with me - he loves eBay and looking at cars and vans. Now I have the iPad it is so much more mobile so comes down to my kitchen for breakfast and then up to the sitting room.
I suppose really the answer should be wherever I am!

glammanana Fri 11-May-12 21:35:32

My laptop is on a worktop fitted in for me when the kitchen was refitted last year and I have one of those gas type stools that go up and down(not when you want them to)I have my ipad all over the flat and have been known to mislay it at times the printer that I had was borrowed by DS2 and has never been able to find its way back home ??

vegasmags Fri 11-May-12 21:08:35

My laptop lives on the kitchen table most of the time, whilst the printer is squashed in amongst the cookbooks on a fairly high shelf and out of harm's way, the downside being that printouts keep falling on my head (as opposed to raindrops). The laptop also spends part of its life on the sofa in the living room, although I have learned through bitter experience, that it prefers to be far away from cups of coffee, slippery glasses of juice and especially red wine.

I find that I can now watch TV, talk to a friend on the phone and use the laptop all at the same time. I have been multitasking for years - making the dinner, seeing to the kids, catching up on the marking - we just didn't call it that in those days!

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:55:22

Tricky stuff, porridge. Foreign, you know.

Greatnan Fri 11-May-12 20:52:19

On my knee, on one of those little tables that you can use for eating in bed.
I surf whilst I am watching TV or listening to Radio 4. (But not when I am eating porridge any more)

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:40:02

I have had to give back the company laptop, which used to be on the kitchen table. Great, as I could be on here and still be with Mr.P However now have only a desktop PC in the upstairs office, hence not on here so much, as I feel it would be a bit rude to shut myself away in here whilst he is downstairs.

Just can't justify buying a laptop at present, although I miss the convenience of the work one!

Gally Fri 11-May-12 20:35:31

In the kitchen on its own little table, however it goes to bed with me so I can catch up on i-player. As I write, it is left behind in DD1's kitchen - Silly Gally forgot to put it in the car along with important paperwork, so back next week to fetch it (b....r)

glassortwo Fri 11-May-12 20:05:31

My laptop is usually in the family room on the arm of the chair when Im in it , but if I am in the kitchen its on the bench and I keep peeping. Cant get reception upstairs but DH Ipad does which can come in handy wink

greenmossgiel Fri 11-May-12 19:57:17

Butternut -winkgrin

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 19:49:04

envy for all you laptop/iPad owners. One day........!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 19:43:04

My laptop is in the sitting room, next to my comfy armchair, so when I sit down to relax I can have a little browse.

greenmossgiel Fri 11-May-12 19:42:58

My little 'notebook' laptop sits on a small table next to the chair on which I like to plonk myself - always within easy reach! grin

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:29:28

My computer is in my conservatory,my iPad is on my lap!

Ariadne Fri 11-May-12 19:27:38

The study, which is big enough for both our laptops, and has the printer etc. But most of my GN stuff is done on the settee, on my iPad, with my feet up.

MrsJamJam Fri 11-May-12 19:26:09

My laptop lives on the worktop in the kitchen and is easy to move to the comfy chair.

MrJJ is therefore allowed free access to the big computer in the study and he is very envious of my laptop! How do I tell him that I really fancy an ipad, having seen my brother's. Don't actually need one, but it is very tempting.

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 19:20:54

If I'm in the kitchen, I go through the dining room dump, out into the hall, up the stairs, through the living room, along the upstairs corridor, down a step, and, phew, into the study, where my ancient computer lives.
I live in hope of a laptop....!