Gransnet forums

Chat

ET & RB

(107 Posts)
whitewave Fri 11-May-12 16:27:00

I have been approached by an unnamed financial backer to ask GN's whether they would be willing to take part in an updated film version of Cleopatra. This would of course mean numerous roles to be filled including Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton as well as the ass for milk, pyramid for background etc. The role of the asp and camel has already been filled by that well known star of stage and screen who is currently staring in Born Free, you will of course remember him as Toto and Lassie. I shall not tell you his name as you will undoubtedly forget it.
Auditions will take place soon - those who are interested please advise asap.

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 21:09:56

Clear as mud, nellie , clear as mud................ (Matron, they all gone weird again................)

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 21:08:29

Oxon is when really back ....or is she an imposter,has she had her credentials checked

glammanana Fri 11-May-12 21:07:37

Grannylin I joined a dance class with four of my friends we where supposed to be learning belly dancing as a way to help us loose weight but we spent to much time in the pub afterwards that it didn't do our weight loss any good grin

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 21:05:58

Hi phoenix was refering to whens demise in the greatdog/cat controversy..she as a fugitive was guilty of arson...namely setting Rovers ars on fire she got her comeuppance on a good boy choc drop plantation and was mortally injured licking her bum she fell off the chair and broke her neck...bizzare I know....is that any clearer for you....

and where have all the old thespians gone....the theatre is in darkness...

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 21:03:34

nellie do you believe everything you read in the papers?

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:57:17

nellie would you care to elaborate on your last post? I appreciate that I have had a glass or two but.............................

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 20:51:36

I thought when was laying in the jungle with her head up her bum and her neck broken confused

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 20:47:44

Loved that pheonix. grin

jeni Fri 11-May-12 20:45:24

Night allsmile

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 20:44:21

shock Oh! I've been dumped.
I know, too much work, late night at the pyramid, to tired tonight darhling. smile

Rest well Jeni - I'm off to have an early night too.

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:43:36

jeni I'm sure you're not! (Old & fat, I mean)

OK, if it's alright with everyone else, I will start preparations for the role.

Cigarettes? Check
Alcohol? Check
Accent? Check
Blue eyes? Check
Talent? Oh bugger.

jeni Fri 11-May-12 20:36:12

You can be RB I have a load of homework to do this weekend and I'm very tired. 4days work next week. I'm too old and fat sad

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:28:03

Um, hello, am I in or not?

jeni Fri 11-May-12 20:22:53

Ca va!

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 20:17:53

www.kingtutshop.com/freeinfo/cleopatra.htm

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 20:16:02

jeni - pas de chiens, s'il vous plait!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 19:58:33

POGS grin

Grannylin Fri 11-May-12 19:50:44

Why did you wear a belly dancer's outfit glamma,just wondering???

POGS Fri 11-May-12 19:44:00

Before anyone else puts my name forward I would say I would make a good camel. I get the hump, spit when I'm cornered but I have slow soft side that some people like to cuddle.

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 19:33:12

Will you give it a rest!!!! I'm innocent!!! grin

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:31:24

We know! Theyre what you use to ignite poor canines!

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:30:23

Mais oui ma cherie!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 19:30:00

I thought I might go for something a little outré like one of the spectators who decides that the lions can kill a gladiator (or vice versa) in the Colosseum. My thumbs are my finest feature grin

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 19:29:32

Well jeni - it so happens that my right is where my hole scar is - but could be fetching, n'est pas? What do you think darhling - Cleo with an eye patch?? Vampishly dangerous peut etre .........wink

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:23:36

Oh yes! And my left profile is my best, I do hope butter that yours is your right, dahrling!?