Dr.Helen Wright a Head Mistress of a leading girls public school has said that sites like Facebook and Twitter has spawned a generation of mean girls. She also criticising programmes like 'Essex' and the celebrity type of programmes are not portraying the right type of role models for young women. [a teacher friend tells me that the fourteen year olds in her class just want to be 'famous' but don't know in what way] She has also said that these web sites encourage bitchiness amoung girls.
Although I agree with a lot of what Dr.Wright has said but there have always been mean girls and women. This is just an easier method. I'm sure we can all remember suffering at school or the workplace at some rotten woman's hands. I remember my daughter coming home from school in floods of tears because a group of girls had spent the day being unpleasant. Then the next day all was forgiven. My son was always incredulous that my daughter and her friends spend their time like this.
As he said at the time, if he didn't like someone he ignored them and visa versa.
Your true female friends are like sisters to you, I know mine are - but I've never really trusted a lot of women as I've witnessed so much bitchy and catty behaviour.
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?



